Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:02 am

Programs: Persona Non-Status, DYKWIA Club President, Formerly of Pa Kettle Fame
Originally Posted by TheFlyingPapaya
My custom papaya costume arrived yesterday. I'll start to wear it from here on out.
You seem to frequent different airports than I, nonetheless we will be on the look out with cameras in tow!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Dia HH
Scotty McKnight (Jets WR) On June 16th in JFK FL-- he was waiting on his flight to LAX to go see his new GF. Funny thing was he was talking so loudly about TMZ taking pictures of them-- I should of snapped some and sold them LOL.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, AA ExecPlat
June 30th lax-hnl-ogg will be my first papaya appearance. I feel sorry for the person sitting next to me. Last time I had an Iron Man helmet on when I did something similar last year from KOA-LAX. I remember getting hooked up on the extra baggage and oversize by the terminal agent. I got 6 oversized bags checked in for free. Small terminal but the flyers in the front cabin and the crew had a blast with it. Cracked jokes for an hour during flight.

The costume is easy to slip on and off so if I need to it should be no trouble getting it off at TSA request.

Last edited by TheFlyingPapaya; Jun 28, 2011 at 9:54 am
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
June 30th lax-hnl-ogg will be my first papaya appearance. I feel sorry for the person sitting next to me. Last time I had an Iron Man helmet on when I did something similar last year from KOA-LAX. I remember getting hooked up on the extra baggage and oversize by the terminal agent. I got 6 oversized bags checked in for free. Small terminal but the flyers in the front cabin and the crew had a blast with it. Cracked jokes for an hour during flight.

The costume is easy to slip on and off so if I need to it should be no trouble getting it off at TSA request.
To use an oft quoted internet phrase...pics or it didn't happen
Old Jun 28, 2011, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
To use an oft quoted internet phrase...pics or it didn't happen
Here is a youtube of the iron man helmet. I had to take the armor costume off for security before boarding. Got the helmet from Costco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA0Bu4TU6OM
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
You Tube says this is a PVT video and that I need a log in for it...

Here is a youtube of the iron man helmet. I had to take the armor costume off for security before boarding. Got the helmet from Costco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA0Bu4TU6OM
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
You Tube says this is a PVT video and that I need a log in for it...
Didn't say that for me. I was able to watch it without logging in.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
This video is private.

If the owner of this video has granted you access, please log in.

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Didn't say that for me. I was able to watch it without logging in.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
This video is private.

If the owner of this video has granted you access, please log in.
Okay. It was working earlier this afternoon. Papaya must have changed the permissions. Oh well.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:53 pm

Sorry. It was a short time deal. If you're in lax tomorrow, try to look for a papaya. I'm trying to convince my travel assistant to dress up like a coconut.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Pete Townsend?

I'm sitting in the LAX AC, someone here has a bluetooth discoverable laptop named PTOWNSEND. Ok, I know that could be anyone, I'm just bored.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
His name is Pete Townshend (different spelling). Also in the LAX AC and I know what he looks like and don't see him after a quick scan.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by siankaan1
someone here has a bluetooth discoverable laptop named PTOWNSEND. Ok, I know that could be anyone, I'm just bored.
FWIW, I've never named a wireless network after myself, but I have named them after people I admire, like CaptainPicard or DocBrown or ThotGor... OK, so I'm a geek.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Forgot to post this awhile back, but sat behind PitBull in business class on a 3/30 flight from MIA to SDQ. He then was the opening act for the Shakira concert I attended that night.
Dressed in a full white track suit.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Microwave
FWIW, I've never named a wireless network after myself, but I have named them after people I admire, like CaptainPicard or DocBrown or ThotGor... OK, so I'm a geek.
I run into a lot of people doing that, though they all seem to love some guy named Linksys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.