FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/154265-archive-aa-celebrity-sightings-related-2000-2012-a.html)

FLLUAFlyer Jan 28, 2008 11:24 am

Star Jones on 1114 (MIA-LGA) in Y! She is on this flight all the time, but usually in F. Either she didn't get upgraded or she booked last minute with no F availability.

millions Jan 29, 2008 10:41 pm

James Gandolfini

I was on the redeye flight 30 (LAX-JFK) with James Gandolfini last night. He was seated in the row behind me in business. This was the flight he was coming from when some of you may have seen his altercation with one of the "professional" autograph seekers. The autograph hound was being a real twit, and Gandolfini nearly lost it and throttled him to death. I'm not saying I approve of violence, but it really would be great if JFK could at least keep these guys out of the baggage claim area, as there's really nothing a celeb can do while he's waiting for his bags.

Joe Morton, less famous but very accomplished in his own right, was in first and was also waiting for bags when the skirmish occured.

leaveamessage Jan 30, 2008 4:47 am

Originally Posted by millions (Post 9158955)
I was on the redeye flight 30 (LAX-JFK) with James Gandolfini last night. He was seated in the row behind me in business. This was the flight he was coming from when some of you may have seen his altercation with one of the "professional" autograph seekers. The autograph hound was being a real twit, and Gandolfini nearly lost it and throttled him to death. I'm not saying I approve of violence, but it really would be great if JFK could at least keep these guys out of the baggage claim area, as there's really nothing a celeb can do while he's waiting for his bags.

Link here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773

ja_user Jan 30, 2008 6:35 am

Originally Posted by linenbasket (Post 9159701)

Looks like Adam Sandler trying to get an autograph :)

metsfan1962 Jan 30, 2008 7:14 am

Originally Posted by jsm (Post 9063689)
Jessica Simpson - January 8
DFW- BUR
Seat 4A (her assistant in 4B)

She seemed really nice. They moved a soldier up from coach to an empty seat (3A) right after the doors closed. She spent a while speaking with him and thanking him for his service and telling him he is the real star........ seemed genuine.....

Next time you see her, thank her on behalf of all Giants fans. :D

technique Jan 30, 2008 8:33 am

Originally Posted by linenbasket (Post 9159701)

I'm surprised James didn't hit the photographer that was shooting away during this encounter... :cool:

Originally Posted by metsfan1962 (Post 9160151)
Next time you see her, thank her on behalf of all Giants fans. :D

x2, but on behalf of all teams that hate Dallas :D

aveosmth Jan 30, 2008 9:22 pm

Must Be Election Time

I was dreading my 6:30am JFk-LAX flight this morning...when I arrived at the gate I started to catch up on the happenings by watching CNN when all of a sudden I see Wolf Blitzer headed my way. He looked up at the screen and said "Who the heck is that guy!!" (of course it was him on a repeat of last night's coverage of the Florida primary).

I then see a very familiar face headed towards Wolf and it was Robert Kennedy Jr. Kinda cool to be traveling with a Kennedy.

Wolf was friendly and sat in first, while Mr. Kennedy kept to himself and was a row behind me in business class.

HNL Jan 31, 2008 7:23 am

Bruce Jenner and family in the DEN AC on Jan 30. They were going to LAX.

millions Jan 31, 2008 10:58 am

Originally Posted by aveosmth (Post 9164987)
Kinda cool to be traveling with a Kennedy.

I bet he thinks it's kinda cool to get to fly out of an airport named after his uncle, too.

ja_user Jan 31, 2008 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by millions (Post 9167891)
I bet he thinks it's kinda cool to get to fly out of an airport named after his uncle, too.

He probably also things it's cool that the plane landed.

sziv50 Feb 3, 2008 8:55 pm

DFW-YVR today. . . Russell Hitchcock - lead singer of Air Supply

dfwmusicman Feb 3, 2008 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by ja_user (Post 9168509)

touché! :)

kkirk2 Feb 3, 2008 10:30 pm

Anderson Cooper behind me in the F/J security line at JFK the evening of 2/1. Not sure what flight he was on. He was shorter than I imagined.

JumboD Feb 3, 2008 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by ja_user (Post 9168509)

No, everyone on that plane should be grateful that a plane carrying a Kennedy landed safely (and at the same time upset that all the alcohol was gone within the first half hour of the flight).

brp Feb 4, 2008 8:53 am

Originally Posted by JumboD (Post 9186648)
No, everyone on that plane should be grateful that a plane carrying a Kennedy landed safely

Well, the Kennedy wasn't piloting/driving/skiing. (Wow, they do have a bad safety record as a family...and I like the Kennedy's, as a whole.)

Cheers.