FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/154265-archive-aa-celebrity-sightings-related-2000-2012-a.html)

sts603 Nov 24, 2007 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by alect (Post 8782661)
$13 shared sounds like a lot of money in India.....

It is more than a days wages for a vast portion of the country.

CloudCoder Nov 24, 2007 3:45 pm

I enjoy the posts in this thread, yet I often wonder how many of them are look-alikes, i.e. ordinary folks who bear a resemblance to the celeb but are not actually the real deal?

oppr046 Nov 24, 2007 8:25 pm

Cheryl Crow & Brooke Burke

Saw Cheryl Crow in the ADM's Club at DFW (Term C) 2 years ago, made idle chit chat with her for a few seconds. Went to my gate (DFW-MCI), getting ready to board F/C, here comes special services with cart and her in tow. She boarded first, then F/C, just happens my seat was next to hers, she called Lance Armstrong, then put in her I-Pod, spoke to her before we landed for a few minutes, the FA would not leave her alone all flight.

LAX-DFW the same year, 767, saw Brooke Burke and her then Doctor Husband, boarded ahead of me on the jet bridge, 2 rows back in F/C from my seat.

kix1979 Nov 24, 2007 9:08 pm

I was in LA last week and ran into Ben Stein and I'm pretty sure it was Phil Keoghan (Amazing Race host). Phil was in the FL and when I was headed to my gate back to AUS I saw Ben walking by. I was tempted to say hello as I am a big fan, but decided not to be a 'fan'.

bmxaggie Nov 25, 2007 4:53 pm

Terrence Howard FL 1773 11/25.
At boarding pushed me aside telling me he was in first. (as was I)
Loud cell phone talker. Mentioned to me while on jet bridge how he hates flying and being bothered to give autographs.
I mentioned don't worry I wasn't going to ask for one anyways.

Robt760 Nov 25, 2007 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by bmxbboy (Post 8786954)
Terrence Howard FL 1773 11/25.
At boarding pushed me aside telling me he was in first. (as was I)
Loud cell phone talker. Mentioned to me while on jet bridge how he hates flying and being bothered to give autographs.
I mentioned don't worry I wasn't going to ask for one anyways.

Hilarious reply BMX.

dstan Nov 25, 2007 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Robt760 (Post 8787307)
Hilarious reply BMX.

Or you could walk BACK up the jetway exclaiming that Terrence Howard will be signing autographs as everyone boards! :D

ja_user Nov 25, 2007 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by dstan (Post 8787633)
Or you could walk BACK up the jetway exclaiming that Terrence Howard will be signing autographs as everyone boards! :D

Immediately after you could also say, "Does anyone know who Terrence Howard is?"

polo123 Nov 25, 2007 10:34 pm

i really enjoy reading the posts here.

squall1 Nov 25, 2007 10:51 pm

I saw Meg Ryan in the LAX Flagship at the beginning of the month.

planecrashlaw Nov 27, 2007 8:58 am

Chuck Berry

On AA41 CDG-ORD yesterday. Next to us in J with his young blonde "personal assistant." Apparently ordering tea "with 10 sugars, please" is the key to something positive.

Smailtronic Nov 27, 2007 11:02 am

11.24.07, 7 pm-ish, waiting at K1 in ORD. Greg Kinnear strolled past, headed towards the L Concourse. He didn't look too happy, lord knows why.

rogerck Nov 27, 2007 11:49 am

Forgot to post this one earlier.

November 4th - I saw Ludacris checking in at LAX as well as Heidi Klum and Seal on AA242 LAX-JFK in F.

cynicAAl Nov 30, 2007 10:18 am

Colin Cowie

sitting in the LAX FL across from Colin Cowie (Oprah's design guru). The FL has all new furniture, wonder if he had something to do with that...

TWA Guy Dec 5, 2007 9:18 pm

Herb Kelleher

Well, I consider him to be a celebrity. The Chairman and ex-CEO of Southwest Airlines was seated across the aisle from me in F on DFW-IAD earlier today. Very gracious and pleasant to any passengers and flight attendants that interacted with him.