FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/154265-archive-aa-celebrity-sightings-related-2000-2012-a.html)

grouse Feb 7, 2006 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by JohnDCA
Mr. Janet Reno...

:rolleyes:

cme2c Feb 7, 2006 10:40 pm

Tommy Lee Jones (F MIA-EZE)

George Carlin (F BOS-ORD)

Paul Begala (F DCA-MIA...was smart enough to carry on fast food)

Ari Fleischer (F DCA-MIA)

Mandy Moore (Y BOS-ORD...I was in F)

Fmr Israeli PM Shimon Peres (Y DCA-JFK)

Gene Simmons (US Y DCA-GSO...sat next to him...scary, scary man :p )

Mohammad Ali -- BOS AC

Mr. Janet Reno -- MIA security...YIKES!

And you didn't offer Mandy your seat in F? The only way I wouldn't do that is if my wife was with me. Even better if there was an empty seat next to you. Tell the FA you want to upgrade her with stickers in your account.

JohnDCA Feb 7, 2006 10:48 pm

Deleted

Jakebeth Feb 7, 2006 11:01 pm

Fmr Israeli PM Shimon Peres (Y DCA-JFK)

Gene Simmons (US Y DCA-GSO...sat next to him...scary, scary man :p )

I find this a hysterical combination of sightings...if only they had been on the same plane!

Shimon Peres, one of the last remaining giants of Israeli history. Gene Simmons, quite possibly Israel's most disgusting export.

What I can't fathom is that Gene Simmons was flying in Y. You have apparently NOT come a long way baby. Sheesh.

Jakebeth Feb 7, 2006 11:04 pm

Actually worked up the courage to go back with a couple of the chocolate chip cookies and chat with her. Very nice.

Just out of curiosity, what did you say?

I've been in several of these situations now, but in almost every case it's just been someone I 'like' but am not a big enough 'fan' such that I feel as though I have anything interesting to say.

Of course, if I run into Rachel Hunter, I'll be at no loss for words, as I'll be able to tell her how intelligent she sounded on the one episode of "The Real Gilligan's Island" that I suffered through just to see her running on the beach in an evening gown.

JohnDCA Feb 7, 2006 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jakebeth
Just out of curiosity, what did you say?

I've been in several of these situations now, but in almost every case it's just been someone I 'like' but am not a big enough 'fan' such that I feel as though I have anything interesting to say.

Of course, if I run into Rachel Hunter, I'll be at no loss for words, as I'll be able to tell her how intelligent she sounded on the one episode of "The Real Gilligan's Island" that I suffered through just to see her running on the beach in an evening gown.

I just introduced myself, offered a cookie, and we started chatting. This was back in 2000, mind you, and I'm pretty close in age to her so we were both youngin's.

Addition: I had much moral support from the businessman seated next to me who egged me on to no end. Glad he did.

xFlagger Feb 8, 2006 12:00 am

Originally Posted by vasantn
Where is the OP, howellajohnson, and why is he now a "guest?" :confused:

I should start a "Where are they now?" thread. :)

Ya, pretty strange... but what's even stranger is that on post #128 he's listed with name and how many posts he has... yet on post #121 there he is as a guest.

Weird!

CF :confused:

FWAAA Feb 8, 2006 12:08 am

Originally Posted by CART_Flagman
Ya, pretty strange... but what's even stranger is that on post #128 he's listed with name and how many posts he has... yet on post #121 there he is as a guest.

Weird!

CF :confused:

Howell began this thread prior to an update of the Flyertalk software. After FT converted to the new vBul. software, his registration disappeared, and he had to re-register. Very bizzare - only instance I know of where that happened. His prior identity is now shown as "guest."

Dunno exactly why he hasn't posted lately. ;)

tom911 Feb 20, 2006 10:03 pm

Dan Rather on my JFK-SFO this afternoon (and I got my priority tagged backpack and headed off while he was still waiting for his bag at the carousel).

SteveChicago Feb 21, 2006 12:53 am

Mischa Barton

Arrving into London Heathrow T3 on Saturday, 2/18, presumably for the BAFTA awards. I have no idea who she is, but according to my wife (who was the one who spotted her), she is an actress/model!

Steve

PokerHammy Feb 21, 2006 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by SteveChicago
Arrving into London Heathrow T3 on Saturday, 2/18, presumably for the BAFTA awards. I have no idea who she is, but according to my wife (who was the one who spotted her), she is an actress/model!

Steve

Hello! Like, she's only in the OC. :p

SteveChicago Feb 22, 2006 1:28 am

Oc?

You may have a good point there, but in my defence (I guess that I should say "defense" as this is the AA board :p ) I am British and live in London, where we don't get OC....whatever that is, although I'm guessing it's a movie or TV show. It seems that popular culture is passing me by, which is pretty sad for a 31 year old! Oh well, what can you do?!?!

Steve

hawaiiansports Feb 22, 2006 1:43 am

Yesterday coming back from Chicago (ORD-LAX). William Macy & Felicity Huffman sitting one row in front of me.

jja34-1 Feb 22, 2006 3:44 am

Originally Posted by SteveChicago
You may have a good point there, but in my defence (I guess that I should say "defense" as this is the AA board :p ) I am British and live in London, where we don't get OC....whatever that is, although I'm guessing it's a movie or TV show. It seems that popular culture is passing me by, which is pretty sad for a 31 year old! Oh well, what can you do?!?!

Steve

The show is on Channel 4 and E4 at least once a week!

SteveChicago Feb 22, 2006 5:02 am

Eeek!

I'd better watch out for it then.....even though Mischa had flown overnight to land in London, she looked pretty good and so I'm sure that she'll even better on E4!

Steve