FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/154265-archive-aa-celebrity-sightings-related-2000-2012-a.html)

Dallas49er May 17, 2009 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 11761057)
Someone famous was behind me FRA-ORD Monday (May 11th). Seat map showed all seats in 6 open a few hours before the flight, but a couple sat behind me in 6AB. During boarding the purser approached the woman, looked at her clipboard, and asked excitedly, "Are you [couldn't make out the name]? I just wanted to meet you!" and gushed for a few minutes. During the flight, all the FAs fawned over her, took photos, etc. Last round of photos during approach to ORD (when the purser kept saying "Don't every change!") I took a picture of all the J FAs with her, but didn't think to take my own photo so I could ask someone who she was. Short, thin, very nicely dressed woman maybe 45-50.

Perhaps it was one of my ex-wives.

ILuvParis May 17, 2009 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Cornroaster (Post 11764111)
Marquette University basketball player Lazard Hayward was on an American Eagle flight from Buffalo (his hometown) to Chicago this morning. I believe he was connecting to another flight from ORD to MKE, although Mrs. Cornroaster and I had driven down to Chicago and drove back to MKE.

Joe Blow was on my flight from ORD to SNA Friday. ;)

Actually, when I looked this "celebrity" up, I found that his name is Lazar, not Lazard. :)

jrehfeldt May 20, 2009 12:18 pm

how come I never spot anyone cool in the lounge?

GadgetFreak May 20, 2009 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by jrehfeldt (Post 11779598)
how come I never spot anyone cool in the lounge?

Where do you fly to and from?

benzguy80 May 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Lt Dan

Gary Sinise, sitting at a computer terminal in DFW Term D AC

AMA May 20, 2009 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by benzguy80 (Post 11780194)

Was he dusting it for prints, or perhaps checking for 'bodily fluids'/'biologicals' ?? :)

Hisgirl May 21, 2009 6:57 am

Many years ago, while returning from a visit to Mobile, AL, I found myself on a plane, sitting across the aisle from George Plimpton. His face looked familiar but I couldn't for the life of me think of his name.

Halfway into the flight, this familiar-yet-nameless face, leaned across the aisle and said, in a very proper voice, "Excuse me, but I seem to have lost my pen. Have you seen a pen on the ground?" I shook my head no and added, "You look quite familiar, would you, by chance, be Ralph Nadar?"

He seemed to straighten up a bit, and said "No, my name is George Plimpton."

It wasn't so much an introduction as an announcement. I stared at him, squinting my eyes and said, "Hmmm, no, that name doesn't sound familiar...in fact, can't say as I've ever heard of you."

This apparently wasn't the response he expected and he leaned in saying,
"I've been on numerous television shows, wrote Paper Lion, was close friends with Robert Kennedy..."

"Nope, I'm sorry but that just doesn't sound familiar. I'm sure you're famous and all, but I don't believe I've ever heard your name." I looked down at my magazine and continued turning the pages..

He then began an intensive search for his pen, crawling on the floor at one point checking between the seats. I felt sorry that he had lost his pen but honestly had never heard of George Plimpton.

The plane landed in ATL and I began the long walk to baggage claim. I heard a familiar voice behind me and there was George, following me and insisting,"I did several specials on television where I challenged professional athletes and spent time as a high-wire circus performer..."

He waited expectantly.

I paused, searched my memory and said, "No, sorry, that just doesn't ring a bell. I've never heard of you." (I really hadn't, bless his heart!)

In the world of autograph hounds, and obsessed fans, George Plimpton's
encounter with me must have been a breath of fresh air, or at least a humbling experience! :cool:

Ross0 May 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Wirelessly posted (BB8830: BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.135 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Sat across from Rahm Emanuel (and his 2 secret service agents) tonight from DCA-ORD

Abidjan May 23, 2009 6:17 am

I bet he was on his way up here (DC) to host the PBS Memorial Day concert. ^

Originally Posted by benzguy80 (Post 11780194)

MiaAA May 25, 2009 10:23 pm

May 21 AA 593 Mia/DFW Jose Feliciano in first

LAX_Esq May 25, 2009 11:25 pm

Brooke Shields and her daughter in F (2AB) on AA22 yesterday afternoon. GAs had her board before everyone else, so she was seated up front while everyone passed by. They were met by a female handler-type in the T8 baggage claim area, and 3 paparazzo filmed as they walked out.

RxCapt May 26, 2009 9:58 am

Queen Latifah AA34 LAX-JFK 5/25 in 2A

zacktravel May 26, 2009 12:37 pm

Killer from TV!

Neal McDonough (Eddie's husband on Desp. Housewives) on 05/23 AA 264 from LAX to BOS in F. He was with his wife and 2 kids. His wife sounded Australian.

alien May 26, 2009 12:48 pm

There was an article in the WSJ about a week ago on him and his family. His wife was said to be South African. Sounds like a very nice person. Perhaps on their way to their second home: "Recently, the couple bought a house on an acre near Hyannis, Mass. (dubbed the "'Desperate Housewives' house" after the show that paid for it)".

KtownTraveler May 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Good grief. So many minor "celebrities" lately. Someone please speak up when they see Frank Sinatra or Richard Burton. :D