Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MrAndy1369
As AA and US have now harmonized domestic (including Mexico/Caribbean/Canada/Hawaii/Alaska) meals, please continue the discussion here:

Meals changes US & AA announced - international and domestic
(for a broader discussion of the changes)
Late 2014 AA/US Combined Domestic Meals - menu / pictures / etc. (Consolidated) (for specific experiences and questions)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Cheese Tortellini
With spinach served in a creamy pesto sauce
on today's 1735 DFW-SMF:

Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by tom911
Cheese Tortellini
on today's 1735 DFW-SMF:

I'm no gourmand or authority but that looks good to me!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA ExPLT, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
AA #299 - MIA to LAX

Wednesday, February 12
AA Flight #299
Miami to LA
Business Class Menu

Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
Aa69 mia-sfo

Feb. 14

Menu

Shrimp scampi and grilled asparagus, poblano asiago soup

Shrimp and asparagus were excellent, soup was not hot and way too rich/heavy for a late dinner
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP
Aa252 lax-mia

Feb. 17

Menu

Starter

Main

Chicken was dry and bland, sauce didn't help but broccolini was excellent

Dessert
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT (fmr CK), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
The tomato sauce was much better on the chicken when I had it a couple weeks ago. And yes, the broccolini was one of the best airplane vegetables I've had in a while.

Anybody have the "Asian Style Salad" listed on a couple of the above menus?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: aa gold
Cheese Tortellini
on today's 1735 DFW-SMF:

How was it? Its on option for a flight im taking Monday
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by cyncyn129
Wednesday, February 12
AA Flight #299
Miami to LA
Business Class Menu

Sundae and starters at lunch time!? Great news!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by bearsfanord
How was it? Its on option for a flight im taking Monday
The tortellini was actually pretty good (though not as spectacular as the Italian food I was feasting on in Boston the two nights before like THIS and THIS). Had a glass of red wine with it. I'd readily have it again.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: aa gold
The tortellini was actually pretty good (though not as spectacular as the Italian food I was feasting on in Boston the two nights before like THIS and THIS). Had a glass of red wine with it. I'd readily have it again.
Now that looks delicious! But anyways thanks, im going to pick that choice for my meal! Hopefully have some room left after I eat my usual pre flight meal before a redeye of bloody marys and Tortas Fronteras at ORD...
Old Feb 20, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Upgraded Dining Service?

It's been a long time since I've sat in F on a long-distance route, but I flew BOS-DFW last night and it seemed like the dining service was greatly upgraded. Tablecloth linens were provided, salad and appetizer were served first before the meal, etc. It seems like there was just more attention to the "little things." The service seemed a little "Flagship-esque." Is this new service style common on domestic, non-Flagship routes? FWIW, last time I was in F it was on the 738 and the service wasn't that nice. Is this a 752 thing, or just a new approach?

I had the beef bolognese on the flight last night and it was fantastic, FWIW. Highly recommended ^
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
BOS-DFW Dinner

Menu:
Lentil Chili
Served with seared polenta cake and jalapeño tomato jam

Creste di Galli Pasta
In a beef Bolognese sauce

"Basic plus" service. I had never seen these meal choices before, nor could I find any pictures of them posted here. I tried the lentil chili, which was actually fairly decent. No one near me ordered the pasta, so I didn't even get a look at it.

Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by brewdog11
It's been a long time since I've sat in F on a long-distance route, but I flew BOS-DFW last night and it seemed like the dining service was greatly upgraded. Tablecloth linens were provided, salad and appetizer were served first before the meal, etc. It seems like there was just more attention to the "little things." The service seemed a little "Flagship-esque." Is this new service style common on domestic, non-Flagship routes? FWIW, last time I was in F it was on the 738 and the service wasn't that nice. Is this a 752 thing, or just a new approach?

I had the beef bolognese on the flight last night and it was fantastic, FWIW. Highly recommended ^
That's very interesting. Your flight on the 757 would have departed just an hour or so before my BOS-DFW flight on the 738. The level of service on my flight was definitely not upgraded. It was traditional basic plus service (hot towels, salad, shrimp cocktail appetizer, ice cream sludge for dessert). There was a very nice effort with the PDB service (open bar, drinks offered immediately after boarding and pax intentionally allowed to keep them for takeoff, if desired - first time I've ever seen that!), but otherwise I didn't spot anything that appeared different.

Last edited by metallo; Feb 21, 2014 at 11:39 am
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jtw_mia
Feb. 14

Menu

Shrimp scampi and grilled asparagus, poblano asiago soup

Shrimp and asparagus were excellent, soup was not hot and way too rich/heavy for a late dinner
This is a big upgrade for a Snack transcon!! Just last month there was no hot option - the shrimp scampi which I had in F on JFK-LAX on Monday - and a soup starter along with ice cream? very nice!! ^
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Last night's ORD-LGA flight had either the chicken w/ polenta or the above tortellini.

None of us ever saw it because there was NO in-flight service whatsoever the whole flight due to turbulence. I have never had that before in F on AA....there is usually an attempt to do drinks at least. There was no mention of there potentially being no service in-flight until we were all seated. My seat partner commented that it would have been nice if they told us that before we got on the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.