Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

500 mile upgrade stickers credit / display errors [Dec 2013; RESOLVED Jun 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500 mile upgrade stickers credit / display errors [Dec 2013; RESOLVED Jun 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I got EXP about 2 weeks after hitting PLT. I got a PLT welcome guide in the mail shortly after. Haven't heard anything about EXP since then, including no e-mail. I'd like my EXP card soon so I can access OW lounges on trips coming up. I'll wait til after the new year to start bugging them.

I also have 8 SWU's in my account - I had them from when I was GLD/PLT, but I used them all on flights while doing MR's for EXP. For 4 of the stickers, I actually hit EXP before those flights, but the status had not yet updated (flights were back-to-back). So that explains maybe why I have 4 in my account, but not 8. Basically, none were taken out. Hopefully that sticks.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Someone said above that they werent sending new ones out for a little while. Will see.

I hope they can actually send mine to the right address this time. Somehow my PLT and EXP cards never showed up last year. Both had to be resent :/
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Um i just logged into my account and i just went from 19 500 mile certificates to 61. What the heck is going on?

Please freaking tell me we arent needing 500 mile certs for Exp upgrades soon.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I am EXP and had 8 500-mile upgrades in my acct last month, and haven't earned, bought, or used any since. Now it shows 64, an increase of 56, the number that would normally be earned by GLD or PLT flying 140K miles. Interesting, I have flown 146K miles so far this year, so it could very well be a related programming bug. I called ExecPlt desk and their system still shows only 8 500-mile upgrades in my acct, so I'm sure this is just a programming mess and not a change in policy.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 9:11 pm

Hope I am off this subject a little...

Years ago, AA allowed us to trade in these 500 upgrades, 1 for 500 miles.
Are they still allow us to do so, because some of us, we fly CX on a monthly basis and hardly ever fly AA domestic.
I have 64 of them/no mistake sitting there for years.
Any infos will be appreciated.
Keller281.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Hmm I was about to post on this as well. I just went from 11->22 for no reason. I did burn one of my milestones earlier this year for 5 e500s if I recall, but that was moons ago. I use them for my wife, so an extra 11 is a nice bonus as I had been buying them from time to time.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
This is certainly a computer/systems bug. I show 8 on my account, all of which I used when I was PLT, and were never taken away. The EXP confirmed that I have zero on my account.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Courtesy Upgrade Stickers

Someone I know who is AA platinum was looking through his account this evening and noticed 12 upgrade stickers were randomly added. He had no recent flights, and it seems as though the stickers just appeared. I am also AA platinum but unfortunately did not receive any upgrades. Has anyone else received them?

I do not think these upgrades are related to the elite rewards program. My only thought is that AA deposited these stickers into his account because he has been AA platinum for several years and did not re-qualify. Maybe this was AA recognizing his business and offering him a little something because he will drop down to gold. Any ideas???
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
I am EXP and my 500 mile sticker balance went up by 8 today. Why? Who knows? Is it a mistake? Time will tell.

Added - just checked the MRS AA account (she's Gold) and her's went up be 4 today.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Ever since the Ventana IT upgrade in November, there have been reports of strange happenings w/the 500 mile upgrade sticker count. I'm EXP and I've been earning them at the regular PLT rate (although I shouldn't earn them at all), others report big balance increases for no apparent reason.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA 1M, AA Platinum, HA Pualani Gold, KAL Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
My account is showing 22 stickers, but according to the AA agent I spoke with last night when I checked in for my flight, I needed 2 additional stickers for my upgrade. She called the AAdvantage desk and they said it's a glitch. I told the agent that was some glitch--I went from a surplus of 22 stickers to a deficit of 2!

I'm sure what you are seeing is the same glitch others (and myself) have experienced.
FWIW, my account has shown a surplus of 20+ stickers for over a month. Too bad AA won't honor this...
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Odd. Mine is showing 8 and I should have 11.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Soxfan15
Someone I know who is AA platinum was looking through his account this evening and noticed 12 upgrade stickers were randomly added. He had no recent flights, and it seems as though the stickers just appeared. I am also AA platinum but unfortunately did not receive any upgrades. Has anyone else received them?

I do not think these upgrades are related to the elite rewards program. My only thought is that AA deposited these stickers into his account because he has been AA platinum for several years and did not re-qualify. Maybe this was AA recognizing his business and offering him a little something because he will drop down to gold. Any ideas???
You used to get stickers for passing 1 million miles, but I don't remember how many, and I think now you get SWUs. If the stickers were in error, I would recommend calling AA to get the removed.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Thanks for the feedback. I actually noticed that my balance has fallen by 2 yet I haven't used any upgrades recently. I'll have to call AAdvantage customer service to get it settled.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I know of two people who are showing 800 and 16,081 stickers respectively.

Originally Posted by mvoight
If the stickers were in error, I would recommend calling AA to get the removed.
I wouldn't. I can't imagine a bigger waste of agents' time. Also, AA knows about the problem and their system shows the correct number of stickers, so if you can't use the phantom ones even if you want to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.