Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

500 mile upgrade stickers credit / display errors [Dec 2013; RESOLVED Jun 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500 mile upgrade stickers credit / display errors [Dec 2013; RESOLVED Jun 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
No new stickers on my account. It has remained at 49 for 8 years...
Similar story here.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
4 stickers showed up on 12/6 under earned giving me 4 total. I used the last of mine during my final push for EXP this year. I requalified way before these stickers would have been earned so this seems like a glitch..
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum 2MM, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, HHonors
Originally Posted by bhomburg
The stickers have transferred to my balance now. Called AAdvantage (here in Europe) and asked if there was any change in policies. Was told "no". The CS agent I spoke to could not explain this either (but sees them in my account internally as well), then let me wait on hold as he inquired and finally came back and told me that I should be good to use them.

Looks like EXPs earned stickers for November flight activity through a system glitch but AA won't claw these back.
CS agents made similar claims to FF with the SWU glitch and now those have all been taken back. My advice to all would be to call CS and let them know that you know this is an issue. I did this with the SWU glitch a few weeks ago and they were kind enough to give me an extra SWU for the confusion. If they take them back and apoligize at least you are left with the complimentary upgrade/s.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:33 pm

Thanks AA!!! Logged in and see I have 936 stickers! Hey GLDs and PLTs, upgrades on me folks.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1.6 MM
Mine's more odd. I earned 8 on 12/06 and 4 on 12/12 Both dates I was doing MRs. Today I checked and there are 400 on my summary page!
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold
I've had 76 stickers added to my account over the past week in apparently random increments, bringing me up to 92.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Have 4 extra e500s added to my account, as well as 2000 miles that posted in the bonus column with the description 'transaction posted' and I have no idea what or where they came from...
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Exp 1.3mm, HH Dia, SPG Gld, IHG Plt
Originally Posted by WChou
Thanks AA!!! Logged in and see I have 936 stickers! Hey GLDs and PLTs, upgrades on me folks.
Same here, just logged in and I've got 96 stickers! Should be about 11.

Also, has anyone else received their 2nd round of elite rewards? I got my first 10,000 miles, but not my next 20,000 miles when I hit the 2nd threshold.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP DL Plat BA Gold
Originally Posted by bwo415
I've had 76 stickers added to my account over the past week in apparently random increments, bringing me up to 92.
An EXP friend of mine went from 72 to 76 to 80 then to 300 (yes 300) today.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold Premier, AA Life Platinum 3MM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
More Phantom Sticker Upgrades

My "December 2013" summary shows four sticker upgrades earned on both December 6 and December 13. Given that I have been EXP for a couple of months now, presumably none of these are correct. Interestingly I did travel on December 6 (a day that will live in infamy, at least at DFW) but I did not travel on December 13. What is even more curious is that my "Current" summary shows more than 100 additional sticker upgrades have been earned since this December summary (but with no attempt to foot these additional upgrades to any actual flight activity). If they are still there after Christmas, I'll send a letter to S. Rubin asking what to do.

(On a related note, when I reached EXP, I reached my next sticker upgrade threshold on the same flight that I reach EXP status, although it was technically "earlier" on the same flight that I reached the relevant upgrade threshold. I never got those stickers credited to my account. Does anyone know if that was a mistake on AA's part? In other words, should I have received upgrades that were earned just before / simultaneous with my reaching EXP status? Part of me thinks I should have, especially since it took 24 hours for my EXP status to populate in their system which meant my wife got stuck in coach-- no upgrade-- on our five hour connecting flight owing to my status still showing up as just Platinum.)

Last edited by Rover75; Dec 18, 2013 at 7:12 pm
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
No "bonus" stickers for me or my Plat spouse. But neither of us has flown AA since late October. I'm guessing the system is screwing up while posting recent activity.

Originally Posted by Rover75
(On a related note, when I reached EXP, I reached my next sticker upgrade threshold on the same flight that I reach EXP status, although it was technically "earlier" on the same flight that I reached the relevant upgrade threshold. I never got those stickers credited to my account. Does anyone know if that was a mistake on AA's part? In other words, should I have received upgrades that were earned just before / simultaneous with my reaching EXP status? Part of me thinks I should have, especially since it took 24 hours for my EXP status to populate in their system which meant my wife got stuck in coach-- no upgrade-- on our five hour connecting flight owing to my status still showing up as just Platinum.)
Just call AAdvantage CS and ask for the stickers. When I first became EXP in 2010 I was within about 500 miles of another slug of 4. I called and they gave them to me.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by denCSA
Have 4 extra e500s added to my account, as well as 2000 miles that posted in the bonus column with the description 'transaction posted' and I have no idea what or where they came from...
The AAdvantage Shoppoing portal 2,000 bonus?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Just checked my account to see if some miles had posted from a partner flight and my 500 mile sticker balance has increased from 49 to 392!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 5:09 am

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
AA.com Website: Down, glitch / glitches, bug, fix reports and more (consolidated)

My sticker balance doubled, with 74 now showing in my account. Thank you, Santa!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:09 am
JTK

Programs: AAdvantage EP
The Android app was updated last night so being the person who wants to see what the difference was looked to see if my upgrade stickers were back to the 31 I have had for years. Well they fixed it so now my app and website show that I have 514 upgrade stickers. They fixed it real good....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.