Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA Pushed Around Sat On Duty Free cart - 777 (UK-USA)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2013, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by CX828
I don't see how some people have a problem with this?!

I think some of you may be imagining the FAs racing down the aisle like in chariots.

I am sure the reality, was, like normally when the push the duty free cart, it goes quite slowly, its just instead of the FA at the front just holding the magazine up, she was actually sat on the cart.

Those carts are pretty heavy to push, especially with an FA on, so I doubt it was going very fast. Only injury issue I see here is from the other FA pushing such a heavy cart. . .
I was not imagining them racing down the aisle with it. It is not something they should be doing with the cart. If an FAA inspector were on board, would he care? AA execs? I doubt they would care that some passengers were amused by the antics.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 3:34 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I don't see how some people have a problem with this?!
How about this?

Pax Pushed Around Sat On Duty Free cart - 777 (UK-USA)

On a TATL yesterday from LHR to the US. Pax we're having a great time with female pax being pushed around the plane sat on the cart while waving the duty free magazine (not recklessly). Lots and smiles and laughs from FAs

How would you feel about that scenario? I'd be interested to see the comments on such a thread
Old Nov 3, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Depends on what freebies I get from the cart for putting on a show :P
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
How about this?

Pax Pushed Around Sat On Duty Free cart - 777 (UK-USA)

On a TATL yesterday from LHR to the US. Pax we're having a great time with female pax being pushed around the plane sat on the cart while waving the duty free magazine (not recklessly). Lots and smiles and laughs from FAs

How would you feel about that scenario? I'd be interested to see the comments on such a thread
It is slightly different though isn't it. That would be someone pushing a cart who is not trained to do so (FA's are trained to push carts) and it is property of AA. But I guess if FA's would let them do it . . I don't know . . .

Point is, everyone had a laugh, no one got hurt, FAs were seen to be enjoying their job, + it isn't a bad way of getting peoples attention to buy duty free. I wouldn't read much more into it. Sure it would not be a good idea if it happened on every flight, because there is an added danger of getting hurt and some may see it as unprofessional.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 6:03 pm

Heh, about 15 years ago the BA crew allowed my fellow students to hand out drinks and meals. I didn't participate, I was too enthralled with the British accents of the FAs.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by mvoight
I was not imagining them racing down the aisle with it. It is not something they should be doing with the cart. If an FAA inspector were on board, would he care? AA execs? I doubt they would care that some passengers were amused by the antics.
It's all fun and games until someone gets an eye out.

Originally Posted by salesflyerguy
Heh, about 15 years ago the BA crew allowed my fellow students to hand out drinks and meals. I didn't participate, I was too enthralled with the British accents of the FAs.
I've been on VX flights where the FAs allowed my colleague to adopt a faux British accent and make the "Flight attendants, prepare for departure" announcement over the PA. Amazingly, our flight didn't crash and no one got hurt.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:22 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
It is slightly different though isn't it. That would be someone pushing a cart who is not trained to do so (FA's are trained to push carts) and it is property of AA. But I guess if FA's would let them do it . . I don't know . . .

Point is, everyone had a laugh, no one got hurt, FAs were seen to be enjoying their job, + it isn't a bad way of getting peoples attention to buy duty free. I wouldn't read much more into it. Sure it would not be a good idea if it happened on every flight, because there is an added danger of getting hurt and some may see it as unprofessional.
My first comment in this thread was that I genuinely can appreciate it if other passengers like these antics. I still maintain that. Everyone had a laugh, fine.

The point above though could be argued either way. That pax are more suited to cart shenanigans because a) They are not on duty and b) They are not responsible for everyone's safety.

Personally, as I said above I prefer my cabin crew to be a bit more serious about their duties. Yes have a laugh with the passengers, smile and chat with them. But I think I would draw the line at the cart thing.

I think I have an unwritten agreement with cabin crew. As a passenger, I will be courteous, not make a nuisance of myself, not smoke, not tamper with the smoke detectors in the bathroom, I will turn my cellphone off below 10K feet, I will put my table tray up and fasten my seatbelt when told to do so. In return I only expect them to act professionally. If I want a good laugh, I will go to a comedy club. If I want to see people riding around on carts. Maybe a circus.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:00 pm

No soup for you!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
I know those carts are made of metal, but are they designed to hold the weight of a FA ?
May not hold some of the FAs I've seen on board. Some of them I am not too sure would fit through the emergency exit rows if they had to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.