FA Pushed Around Sat On Duty Free cart - 777 (UK-USA)

Old Nov 2, 2013, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
FA Pushed Around Sat On Duty Free cart - 777 (UK-USA)

On a TATL yesterday from LHR to the US. FAs we're having a great time with female FA being pushed around the plane sat on the cart while waving the duty free magazine (not recklessly). Lots and smiles and laughs from passengers.

Fantastic to see crew enjoying their jobs with lots of passenger interaction throughout the flight - great atmosphere on board and high passenger + crew morale! ^^
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
Great Crews(usually)

Having just finished my fourth(out of five)PIA-ORD-MIA-SJU-DFW-ORD-PIA run(I actually stay two nights in SJU)in last seven weeks I can report many instances of enjoyable crew interactions: in !B was deadhead MD-80 captain who was very pleasant to sit next to, traded lots of stories. Front cabin crews SJU-DFW almost always attentive. Last but not least Eagle FA known from one prior flight greets me profusely at ORD gate prior to boarding.

"We know why you fly" For me, besides the usual concerns of safety, flight completion, etc. are friendly and professional crew.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IflyonAA
On a TATL yesterday from LHR to the US. FAs we're having a great time with female FA being pushed around the plane sat on the cart while waving the duty free magazine (not recklessly). Lots and smiles and laughs from passengers.

Fantastic to see crew enjoying their jobs with lots of passenger interaction throughout the flight - great atmosphere on board and high passenger + crew morale! ^^
LOL - sounds like something that might happen on Virgin Atlantic!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
In the spirit of "no good deed goes unpunished," you might want to remove flight identifying info so the FA doesn't catch any flak from corporate.

Sounds like a nice flight.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
In the spirit of "no good deed goes unpunished," you might want to remove flight identifying info so the FA doesn't catch any flak from corporate.

Sounds like a nice flight.
I think I already did before posting.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond

That's great. What happens when a cart falls over an injures the employee or a passenger? What is "not recklessly?" The aisle of an aircraft of an airline full of passengers doesn't seem like the best place for this.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight
That's great. What happens when a cart falls over an injures the employee or a passenger? What is "not recklessly?" The aisle of an aircraft of an airline full of passengers doesn't seem like the best place for this.
Sounds like a great place for it to me.

-z
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, Marriott
Quote:

Fantastic to see crew enjoying their jobs with lots of passenger interaction throughout the flight - great atmosphere on board and high passenger + crew morale!

Are you serious? Do you fly?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by unvested
Are you serious? Do you fly?
Nope, never in my life..........
Of course I fly.
I have also seen injury caused by improper use of these carts.
Of course, it is permitted by their employer, then I guess there would be nothing for any of the passengers to complain about, because, after all, some of them were amused.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Same feeling. I will most likely enjoyed the moment but NOT when the cart arriving my aisle. With that being said, are they getting high or something? FA "primary" job is for safety, no? Well, don't flame.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I agree. FA sitting on top of duty free cart? Apart from AA (almost certainly against) and FAA (don't know) regulations, this, it seems to me, is going to exacerbate any unexpected turbulence related injuries. Either they're there primarily for our safety or they're not. They can't have it both ways. And I agree with a comment upthread. What happens when the cart, now top heavy and a bit unstable, topples onto and injures some passenger. There goes the FA's job along with a non-trivial chunk of cash from AA.

I probably would have reported her.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
On a TATL yesterday from LHR to the US. FAs we're having a great time with female FA being pushed around the plane sat on the cart while waving the duty free magazine ...
I know those carts are made of metal, but are they designed to hold the weight of a FA ?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:16 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
As long as my meal arrives in a timely manner, and my cocktail is refilled, have fun.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:31 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I genuinely do understand how some passengers (and indeed FTers) love antics such as this and the "hilarious" cabin announcements on Southwest.

I certainly wouldn't report them or complain but I think I may well be sat there wishing I had a more professional cabin crew looking after us in a US$250 million metal tube at 35,000ft.

It's an aeroplane not a bouncy castle.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
I don't see how some people have a problem with this?!

I think some of you may be imagining the FAs racing down the aisle like in chariots.

I am sure the reality, was, like normally when the push the duty free cart, it goes quite slowly, its just instead of the FA at the front just holding the magazine up, she was actually sat on the cart.

Those carts are pretty heavy to push, especially with an FA on, so I doubt it was going very fast. Only injury issue I see here is from the other FA pushing such a heavy cart. . .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.