FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   FA Pushed Around Sat On Duty Free cart - 777 (UK-USA) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1517978-fa-pushed-around-sat-duty-free-cart-777-uk-usa.html)

IflyonAA Nov 2, 2013 9:35 am

FA Pushed Around Sat On Duty Free cart - 777 (UK-USA)

On a TATL yesterday from LHR to the US. FAs we're having a great time with female FA being pushed around the plane sat on the cart while waving the duty free magazine (not recklessly). Lots and smiles and laughs from passengers.

Fantastic to see crew enjoying their jobs with lots of passenger interaction throughout the flight - great atmosphere on board and high passenger + crew morale! ^^

jake108 Nov 2, 2013 11:11 am

Great Crews(usually)

Having just finished my fourth(out of five)PIA-ORD-MIA-SJU-DFW-ORD-PIA run(I actually stay two nights in SJU)in last seven weeks I can report many instances of enjoyable crew interactions: in !B was deadhead MD-80 captain who was very pleasant to sit next to, traded lots of stories. Front cabin crews SJU-DFW almost always attentive. Last but not least Eagle FA known from one prior flight greets me profusely at ORD gate prior to boarding.

"We know why you fly" For me, besides the usual concerns of safety, flight completion, etc. are friendly and professional crew.

OskiBear Nov 2, 2013 11:55 am

Originally Posted by IflyonAA (Post 21714147)
On a TATL yesterday from LHR to the US. FAs we're having a great time with female FA being pushed around the plane sat on the cart while waving the duty free magazine (not recklessly). Lots and smiles and laughs from passengers.

Fantastic to see crew enjoying their jobs with lots of passenger interaction throughout the flight - great atmosphere on board and high passenger + crew morale! ^^

LOL - sounds like something that might happen on Virgin Atlantic!

Doc Savage Nov 2, 2013 11:58 am

In the spirit of "no good deed goes unpunished," you might want to remove flight identifying info so the FA doesn't catch any flak from corporate.

Sounds like a nice flight.

IflyonAA Nov 3, 2013 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Doc Savage (Post 21714835)
In the spirit of "no good deed goes unpunished," you might want to remove flight identifying info so the FA doesn't catch any flak from corporate.

Sounds like a nice flight.

I think I already did before posting.

mvoight Nov 3, 2013 4:35 am

That's great. What happens when a cart falls over an injures the employee or a passenger? What is "not recklessly?" The aisle of an aircraft of an airline full of passengers doesn't seem like the best place for this.

zski1 Nov 3, 2013 7:20 am

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 21718150)
That's great. What happens when a cart falls over an injures the employee or a passenger? What is "not recklessly?" The aisle of an aircraft of an airline full of passengers doesn't seem like the best place for this.

Sounds like a great place for it to me.

-z

unvested Nov 3, 2013 8:03 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IflyonAA

Fantastic to see crew enjoying their jobs with lots of passenger interaction throughout the flight - great atmosphere on board and high passenger + crew morale!

Are you serious? Do you fly?

mvoight Nov 3, 2013 8:43 am

Originally Posted by unvested (Post 21718837)
Are you serious? Do you fly?

Nope, never in my life..........
Of course I fly.
I have also seen injury caused by improper use of these carts.
Of course, it is permitted by their employer, then I guess there would be nothing for any of the passengers to complain about, because, after all, some of them were amused.

Fly2Where Nov 3, 2013 8:44 am

Same feeling. I will most likely enjoyed the moment but NOT when the cart arriving my aisle. With that being said, are they getting high or something? FA "primary" job is for safety, no? ;) Well, don't flame.

Dr. HFH Nov 3, 2013 10:33 am

I agree. FA sitting on top of duty free cart? Apart from AA (almost certainly against) and FAA (don't know) regulations, this, it seems to me, is going to exacerbate any unexpected turbulence related injuries. Either they're there primarily for our safety or they're not. They can't have it both ways. And I agree with a comment upthread. What happens when the cart, now top heavy and a bit unstable, topples onto and injures some passenger. There goes the FA's job along with a non-trivial chunk of cash from AA.

I probably would have reported her.

cynicAAl Nov 3, 2013 11:14 am

On a TATL yesterday from LHR to the US. FAs we're having a great time with female FA being pushed around the plane sat on the cart while waving the duty free magazine ...

I know those carts are made of metal, but are they designed to hold the weight of a FA ?

Spiff Nov 3, 2013 11:16 am

As long as my meal arrives in a timely manner, and my cocktail is refilled, have fun.

JohnnyColombia Nov 3, 2013 11:31 am

I genuinely do understand how some passengers (and indeed FTers) love antics such as this and the "hilarious" cabin announcements on Southwest.

I certainly wouldn't report them or complain but I think I may well be sat there wishing I had a more professional cabin crew looking after us in a US$250 million metal tube at 35,000ft.

It's an aeroplane not a bouncy castle.

CX828 Nov 3, 2013 1:59 pm

I don't see how some people have a problem with this?!

I think some of you may be imagining the FAs racing down the aisle like in chariots.

I am sure the reality, was, like normally when the push the duty free cart, it goes quite slowly, its just instead of the FA at the front just holding the magazine up, she was actually sat on the cart.

Those carts are pretty heavy to push, especially with an FA on, so I doubt it was going very fast. Only injury issue I see here is from the other FA pushing such a heavy cart. . .