Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA 10% discount codes 15 Aug - 15 Nov 2013 (NO LONGER AVAILABLE) [Planes promo]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 22, 2013, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST Members can minimize or maximize this wikipost using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons; Moderators can edit this post.

First and foremost, please DO NOT ASK FOR CODES; code-begging posts will be summarily deleted.

This thread has offered some codes earned by members who played the online "Planes" promo game; those generous members with extra codes will post them here if they wish to.

The thread title has been updated to indicate that the codes are no longer available. If something changes, please use the "alert a moderator" feature, and we'll update accordingly. Thanks! /Moderators
Print Wikipost

AA 10% discount codes 15 Aug - 15 Nov 2013 (NO LONGER AVAILABLE) [Planes promo]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:10 am

Another one...

BRBPT5U7GB95

Please post when used.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:57 am

wow, that was frustrating. i tried to use the code, it showed the discount all the way through to the credit card page. when i hit submit, i got that stupid red system error box saying that the system is temporarily unavailable and to try again. well i tried again and of course it already redeemed the coupon before it completed the ticket purchase!

i called aa and they the guy said the system doesn't allow him to reinstate the coupon!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:04 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ftwannabe
wow, that was frustrating. i tried to use the code, it showed the discount all the way through to the credit card page. when i hit submit, i got that stupid red system error box saying that the system is temporarily unavailable and to try again. well i tried again and of course it already redeemed the coupon before it completed the ticket purchase!

i called aa and they the guy said the system doesn't allow him to reinstate the coupon!
Call web services (800-222-2377). While it is true that they can't reinstate the code, the web services folks can just apply a 10% discount to the fare when you purchase. I can't say for sure that they will (although they should in a case like this), but they certainly can. Be calm and rational with them, of course

Cheers.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
This happened to me as well; what had happened is that someone else used the code before I clicked through to payment. This is legitimate and I would not hold out much hope that a discount would be applied.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:16 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Microwave
This happened to me as well; what had happened is that someone else used the code before I clicked through to payment. This is legitimate and I would not hold out much hope that a discount would be applied.
Don't the initial stages "lock" the code? I would think that getting past the initial stage would lock the code in the same way that it locks the inventory. Then again, since this does not use the code (one can go this far, stop, and the code is still available, maybe not).

The "system is unavailable" message would seem to be something different, but maybe that's how the system handles it if it gets this far and the code is suddenly invalid.

If that's really the case, shame on the person who did use it and didn't post.

Cheers.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by brp

If that's really the case, shame on the person who did use it and didn't post.

Cheers.
That does kinda suck if it was used and not noted. I did however have another that I was planning to post..sent pm to person trying to use and if not needed will post new code.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage---LTGold, DL Skymiles
I have one

I have one I won't be using. Says it is specific to me. Good luck. Julia

BRBPT5TQ4YP5

Last edited by Microwave; Aug 30, 2013 at 9:06 am Reason: Corrected formatting
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:41 am

used thank you
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond
wow, that was quick.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:48 am

same thing happened to me as the other person. code did not end up working =(
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by stsomewhereman
That does kinda suck if it was used and not noted. I did however have another that I was planning to post..sent pm to person trying to use and if not needed will post new code.
FT has always been an awesome community and people like stsomewhereman is the reason why!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: Elite status everywhere, not enough time to enjoy
A big thanks to those who provide codes and those who clearly communicate to other members of the board when something has been used. So far, my timing has been bad - the only time tried to use one it was no longer valid. Please keep them coming - there is a hopeful world of non-business travelers eager to take advantage of the opportunity.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by JBGL
I have one I won't be using. Says it is specific to me. Good luck. Julia

BRBPT5TQ4YP5
Thank you Julia. Not sure how/why, as your code was marked used one minute after your post, but it ended up working for me on a round trip to PVG and took 10% off, so thank you!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: US CP, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Powersa
Thank you Julia. Not sure how/why, as your code was marked used one minute after your post, but it ended up working for me on a round trip to PVG and took 10% off, so thank you!
People do it to stop others from using it -- people might not try it if they think it has been used. Cheap way get a code that they might not even use - not right.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:18 am

or, like in my case and a few others before me, you are actually in the process of booking, and at the final stage, the code does not end up working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.