FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA 10% discount codes 15 Aug - 15 Nov 2013 (NO LONGER AVAILABLE) [Planes promo] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1489551-aa-10-discount-codes-15-aug-15-nov-2013-no-longer-available-planes-promo.html)

flyinghome Jul 30, 2013 2:08 pm

AA 10% discount codes 15 Aug - 15 Nov 2013 (NO LONGER AVAILABLE) [Planes promo]

AA has a Facebook promo where you can go to this link https://secure.fly.aa.com/disneyplan...e=DisneyPlanes and get a 10% discount on your next ticket.
I did it and got my code in my email in seconds.

Xero Jul 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Thank you!

brp Jul 30, 2013 2:18 pm

Nope. I did it from the link above and it worked. No facebook account nor linkage. There is sanity at AA (maybe the US influence? :))

Edit: Comment about facebook requirement above deleted. Must have realized as well as I was typing :)

Edit2: Codes only good from 8/15/13 - 11/15/13 (probably somewhere in the link, but I didn't look before playing...sigh...)

Cheers.

bchandler02 Jul 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Awesome, booking 3 trips this week, unfortunately already did 1 of them, but this will help!

Thanks for sharing!

sdsearch Jul 30, 2013 2:34 pm

I understand these promotion codes tend to have an expiration date, but the email I got mentions nothing, just that I can use it on my "next" flight, and that it's specific to me. Then it tell me to go to aa.com/promotioncode for details but that page assumes I got more details about dates with my promotion code. But I didn't! (I will have at least one paid AA trip between 8/15 and 11/15, but I have no idea how soon I will be able to book, since I haven't even figured out where I'm going to go and exactly when!)

accutrader Jul 30, 2013 2:35 pm

I got mine earlier this morning too!... Little bit of playing around with planes online... Wasn't expecting 10% just yet, but rather to be entered into a draw to get the 10% back... Is this good for one year?

IflyonAA Jul 30, 2013 2:48 pm

So can we get and use more than one code? Obviously not for the same flight.

mvoight Jul 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 21184933)
I understand these promotion codes tend to have an expiration date, but the email I got mentions nothing, just that I can use it on my "next" flight, and that it's specific to me. Then it tell me to go to aa.com/promotioncode for details but that page assumes I got more details about dates with my promotion code. But I didn't! (I will have at least one paid AA trip between 8/15 and 11/15, but I have no idea how soon I will be able to book, since I haven't even figured out where I'm going to go and exactly when!)

I booked dates and got a message saying the code was invalid for the travel requested. It also gave a link to the terms.
That link gave me

Promotion Code Rules

Promotion Codes are only valid on AA.com for flights operated by American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection.
Any reservation made using a Promotion Code requires instant purchase and cannot be placed on hold.

1. What is the discount amount?

Discount: 10%

2. When can you fly?

You can fly between the following dates:

Travel Start Date: 8/15/2013

Travel End Date: 11/15/2013

Embargo Start Date: 08/30/2013

Embargo End Date: 09/02/2013

3. When can you book travel?

You can book your travel between the following dates:

Booking Start Date: 7/30/2013

Booking End Date: 8/31/2013

4. Where can you fly?

5. Is login required to use your Promotion Code?

No

6. Is the Promotion Code reusable after the reservation is purchased?

No

7. What other rules apply?

Minimum Stay: N/A Maximum Stay: N/A

Saturday Night Stay Required: No Advanced Purchase: N/A

Minimum # of Passengers: 1 Maximum # of Passengers: 2

Fare Class: All Minimum Base Fare: N/A

ahcjar103 Jul 30, 2013 3:03 pm

got mine as well. super easy.

standingoten Jul 30, 2013 3:39 pm

Followed the link and followed the instructions. Did not get an code emailed to me. Checked my spam folders constantly too.

Arrived at my work place and used another computer and different email. Same thing. Nothing.

englisha Jul 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by standingoten (Post 21185445)
Followed the link and followed the instructions. Did not get an code emailed to me. Checked my spam folders constantly too.

Arrived at my work place and used another computer and different email. Same thing. Nothing.

Did you stop after you collected 3? Fly around for a bit until you find the 10% discount in the clouds :)

Umrswimr Jul 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Score! Easy!

ahcjar103 Jul 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by englisha (Post 21185615)
Did you stop after you collected 3? Fly around for a bit until you find the 10% discount in the clouds :)

there's an icon - i think it's a star if i recall - that triggers the code.

also FYI - looks like AA is capping this at 100,000 codes.

Teresita Jul 30, 2013 5:10 pm

Got it

Originally Posted by ahcjar103 (Post 21185657)
there's an icon - i think it's a star if i recall - that triggers the code.

also FYI - looks like AA is capping this at 100,000 codes.

Thanks! Got mine.

SoulFlyer Jul 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Woot!

Love free codes for blowing off 5 minutes of work!

Thanks!

-SM