FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Clarification on AAdvantage 20 Partners... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/146951-clarification-aadvantage-20-partners.html)

billhallNY May 11, 2001 5:35 pm

Is Sofitel a partner? They were added to the partner list around 5/1 or just before but I can't find any reference on their web site for AA.

phsu May 11, 2001 7:04 pm

Does the point conversion from Radisson Hotel Gold points count as one credit?

Originally posted by AAdvantage:
All the cards you have mentioned are personal citibank cards and count as one
partner. The only way to have 2 partner
postings under Citibank is if you had a
personal card and one of their business
cards.

travelour May 11, 2001 8:59 pm

Okay, i just read the terms and conditions for the millionth time and these words caught my eye:

"Bonus mileage does not apply to this promotion."

Does this mean, for example, if I sign up for a People magazine subscription and get 250 bonus miles for signing up, it would not count since, technically, these are bonus miles? Or what about if I sign up for a bmg membership and get 300 bonus miles, will this count as a transaction? it seems as it wouldn't as, these are technically 'bonus' miles.

Beckles May 11, 2001 9:54 pm

Originally posted by travelour:
Okay, i just read the terms and conditions for the millionth time and these words caught my eye:

"Bonus mileage does not apply to this promotion."

Does this mean, for example, if I sign up for a People magazine subscription and get 250 bonus miles for signing up, it would not count since, technically, these are bonus miles? Or what about if I sign up for a bmg membership and get 300 bonus miles, will this count as a transaction? it seems as it wouldn't as, these are technically 'bonus' miles.

I've actually wondered about that too. I would think it refers to bonuses for AA flights. However, I find it interesting that of my six partners that have posted so far, Ehobbies.com, Orvis, Chef's Catalog, Diners Club, Starwood Point Transfer, and Points.com, five show as "Mileage" and Starwood Mileage Transfer shows as "Bonus Miles" ... is that significant?

travelour May 11, 2001 11:27 pm

Originally posted by Beckles:
I've actually wondered about that too. I would think it refers to bonuses for AA flights. However, I find it interesting that of my six partners that have posted so far, Ehobbies.com, Orvis, Chef's Catalog, Diners Club, Starwood Point Transfer, and Points.com, five show as "Mileage" and Starwood Mileage Transfer shows as "Bonus Miles" ... is that significant?
Hmm, also, as i posted above, according to AAdvantage Customer Service, not all the AOL Advantage partners count as separate credits toward this promotion (petsmart.com and officemax.com, for example, count as only one credit). I wish AA would provide better details about what counts and what doesn't!

fscher May 12, 2001 4:50 am

Oh my goodness.........what if this was their 30th anniversary and we had to come up with 30 partners?? Yikes. I think this celebration is turning into a punishment. Can't we pretend it is their 10th anniversary?
Since the partners and interpretations having been changing each day, maybe they can change this "little detail", too!

DebBrown May 12, 2001 10:42 am

I emailed AA regarding point conversions showing up in the bonus column. After my second email, AA confirmed that these points do count as a partner in the promotion even though they appear in the bonus column.

Debbie

dgordon May 12, 2001 3:22 pm

I am being sent a members guide that is suppose to list ways to get miles. Apparently too many to list at the web-site. I am curious to see what I will find. I asked at customer service - if a $10 donation were made to the National Parks, and later a $190 promotion were made would it count as $200 for the sake of bonus miles. You only need $10 for it to count as a partner.

------------------
DtG

kappa May 12, 2001 8:27 pm

There are too many FT threads relating to this AAdvantage promotion. There are at least two here on the American board and others on The Buzz and Randy Only boards.

I wish we had a Moderator to consolidate them with a notation as to where the topc can and should be addressed.

I asked this question on another thread and have received no response, so I am trying it here: "I notice on the partner list 'Shop at Home' and I have found its website; but I see no connection with AAdvantage. Can anyone enlighten me?"

fscher May 12, 2001 8:39 pm

go to AA.Com
under ADVANTAGE you will find a member guide
go to earn miles
go to earn more miles & you will see the link.

However.....this company did NOT have a good track record with customers working on the Northwest promotion and I would not fool with them.

dgordon May 13, 2001 12:16 am

So, will buying a gift certificate at EddieBauer through AOLAAdvantage count as a partner? Ordering free trial of Time and Entertainment(then cancelling) count as a partner?

------------------
DtG

bedelman May 14, 2001 2:32 pm

As I understand it, we're all still uncertain re which AOLAAdvantage partners will count distinctly towards the 20 required for this promotion, and which will all be lumped together.

I think http://webcenter.aolaadvantage.aol.c.../earn_faqs.adp may be helpful for puzzling this out, or at least understanding what's going on here. Notice how the following companies all use [email protected] for mileage service inquiries:

Art.com
CarParts.com
ChefsCatalog.com
EBags.com
Eddie Bauer
eHobbies
Express.com
Harry and David
Hickory Farms
Illuminations
Land's End
Office Max
Orvis
PETsMART.com
Spiegel.com

(Scroll down that page about halfway to see this for yourself.)

Now, http://www.calypso.com is quite an odd page -- doesn't make it at all clear why an email address at this site would help with AOLAAdvantage mileage inquiries. But the fact remains that AOLAAdvante online help groups these partners together for one purpose -- customer service -- that makes me think they may well all earn miles through a single code that yields only a single credit towards the 20-partner promotion.

fscher May 14, 2001 2:46 pm

I guess we really are getting to spread out over the board with this promotion. I already posted that I contacted Calypso and they are confused to. Here is their response:

Thank you for your email. I have gotten several questions about this promotion and I am investigating exactly how it will appear so there is no more confusion.

Please be patient. I will try to have an answer by the end of the day.

Thank you for shopping with AOLAAdvantage.
Mickey M.

I contacted OfficeMax at the same time and the ONLY program they work with is ClickRewards. If you shop officemax through AOL it will NOT show as a posting for OFFICEMAX......We still don't know what it will show.

Beckles May 14, 2001 3:05 pm

As it so happens, I have made purchases from three of the companies in that list and they have already posted, and here's how they posted:

Date _ _ _ Activity Description
05/09/2001 CHEF'S CATALOG MILES
05/09/2001 ORVIS MILES
05/09/2001 EHOBBY MILES

I don't see any reason to believe those won't count as separate partners.

Beckles May 14, 2001 3:08 pm

As it so happens, I have made purchases from three of the companies in that list and they have already posted, and here's how they posted:

Date _ _ _ Activity Description
05/09/2001 CHEF'S CATALOG MILES
05/09/2001 ORVIS MILES
05/09/2001 EHOBBY MILES

I don't see any reason to believe those won't count as separate partners.