FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Clarification on AAdvantage 20 Partners... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/146951-clarification-aadvantage-20-partners.html)

AAdvantage May 11, 2001 9:34 am

Clarification on AAdvantage 20 Partners...

I understand with thousands of parnters, situations, and millions of people trying to get the 20,000 bonus miles this will not answer all of your questions...but I think it will help if you use it as a guideline ...

1) For the purpose of this promotion each participating “brand” not hotel “company” will count as one individual transaction. There are various hotel companies within the AAdvantage program that offer miles at several different “brands” of their hotel. For example, Marriott Hotels is an AAdvantage partner. Members may earn AAdvantage miles at any “brand” of Marriott property: Marriott Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Marriott Suites, Marriott Vacation Club, etc. Each “brand” of Marriott Hotels, that awards miles, will count as a different partner – rather than all Marriott Hotel “brands” counting as one partner.

2) AAdvantage Dining is considered one AAdvantage partner for this promotion. While there are several different restaurants that participate within the AAdvantage Dining program, these restaurants do not participate in the AAdvantage program under each individual establishment name –they participate as “AAdvantage Dining” therefore all restaurants under AAdvantage Dining count as one partner.

3) Airline Partners – The airline name that posts to your AAdvantage account is the airline name that counts as a partner. For example: Travel on American Airlines and American Eagle count as one partner as they post under one airline name - American Airlines. Same for Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air – they post as Alaska Airlines.

FYI: US Airways pooling will count as a US Airways transaction. If a member earns miles on US Airways Shuttle and also pools Dividend Miles, that will be one transaction.

For additional clarification please contact AAdvantage Customer Service - by calling in they have the systems to log your questions so we can investigate and better answer them! I know this is antiquated for most of you but having hundreds of people available to answer your questions is more effective than just one person - me.

bollar May 11, 2001 9:36 am

It's always a treat to have someone from AA come by and give us the real information. I hope that you're able to stick around!

------------------
My Aviation Pages
My Travel Pages

UserMark May 11, 2001 10:11 am

Hello AAdvantage. Thanks for all the clarifications. Can you tell us how the Citibank credit cards are treated? There is the Citibank VISA, Clickciti MasterCard, World Mastercard, etc. They all post with the individual names on the statement. Do these all count as different partners or just one "Citibank"? What about the Citibank brokerage? Thanks.

AAdvantage May 11, 2001 10:27 am

All the cards you have mentioned are personal citibank cards and count as one
partner. The only way to have 2 partner
postings under Citibank is if you had a
personal card and one of their business
cards.

Originally posted by UserMark:
Hello AAdvantage. Thanks for all the clarifications. Can you tell us how the Citibank credit cards are treated? There is the Citibank VISA, Clickciti MasterCard, World Mastercard, etc. They all post with the individual names on the statement. Do these all count as different partners or just one "Citibank"? What about the Citibank brokerage? Thanks.

MileKing May 11, 2001 10:32 am

Does AA.com (i.e., the on-line booking bonus) count as a separate partner than a flight on AA?

Do ClickRewards transfers to my AAdvantage account count as a partner? (They were originally on the list but were removed.)

Do separate mileage certificates from different charitable organizations (i.e. for donations) count as separate partners or just one?

Thanks much, AAdvantage, for helping us with these questions!

travelour May 11, 2001 10:46 am

Hi,
I overlooked this topic earlier and posted a message about this promotion, so i apologize for being repetitive.

Okay, my question is about AOL Advantage partners involved in this promotion. If you look at the list provided at aa.com, it lists partners such as BMG and sharperimage.com as partners involved in this program. my question is "what about partners like spiegel and carparts.com which are also AOL Advantage partners?"
The wording under the terms of the offer at aa.com specifically state:

"AAdvantage partner mileage transactions include posted mileage from any company offering AAdvantage mileage."

So according to the list you'd think that you would receive 2 credits if you purchased something at sharperimage.com and through BMG. but what about carparts.com? even though they're not listed on "the list", according to the terms of the offer, they should count.

for clarification, i contacted AAdvantage Customer Service. After some research was conducted by AA on this promotion, they told me that you receive one credit for each different type of code posted to your account. For example, Petsmart.com and Spiegel have the same codes, whereas fogdog.com has another code. So if you bought something from those three retailers, you would only receive credit for two. Now, what i find problematic is we have no idea of clearly knowing which AOL Advantage partner we would get a separate credit for and which we wouldn't.

doc May 11, 2001 11:47 am

Thanks VERY much for attempting to clarify these various issues for us! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Beckles May 11, 2001 12:29 pm

Originally posted by AAdvantage:
3) Airline Partners – The airline name that posts to your AAdvantage account is the airline name that counts as a partner. For example: Travel on American Airlines and American Eagle count as one partner as they post under one airline name - American Airlines. Same for Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air – they post as Alaska Airlines.

Does American Airlines count as a partner for one of the twenty?!?

maple May 11, 2001 12:35 pm

Erm, isn't the answer up there in the quote you picked out? Or am I misled? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/confused.gif

honu May 11, 2001 12:42 pm

Thanks for helping with all our questions and welcome to the board! Here is a question about Canada3000. It' not listed among the airline partners, but it is one now, so, would their flights count?

fscher May 11, 2001 12:47 pm

Originally posted by AAdvantage:
I understand with thousands of parnters, situations,

where can we get this list?
it sure would be of help!
Thanks.

sosafan May 11, 2001 12:48 pm

Thank you Aadvantage for taking on this needed clarification. Please do not be frustrated by detailed questions. I think many of us are yearning to go for this bonus, but want to clearly understand the rules before we take the time, effort and extra money that some of these transactions will require. Here are my questions:

1. In what sense is the list of partners at AA.com complete? If there is a reason that a complete list is not available, could the existing list not be called "complete", as that is a source of confusion?

2. Clickrewards was removed from the list. Will posted mileage from a clickrewards transfer count?

3. Will posted mileage from the deposit of unexpired greenpoints certificates count?

4. Will posted mileage from points.com count?

5. Is the designation of certain partners as "AOLAAdvantage.com" partners on the list solely for identification, or would all of them count together as one partner?

6. Does the use of BOTH AOL quick checkout AND AOL Opinion place count as one transaction or two?

7. In general, how will I know whether a business which advertizes "Aadvantage miles" qualifies for this promotion? Flyertalkers have quoted someone named "Jason Earll" in two different threads with seemingly contradictory statements. In http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum.../003249-2.html there is a statement
"The business incentive offers to which you refer are part of the AAdvantage Sales program. All
Advantage Sales offers do not count toward this offer." But in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/003520.html he is quoted " These companies offer mileage through the AAdvantage Incentive Miles program. Each of these companies counts as its own partner for the purposes of the program." Do the "Aadvantage incentive miles program" and the "Aadvantage sales program" refer to separate programs, or has a misunderstanding been propogated here?

Thanks Again.

p.s. You suggested calling Aadvantage Customer Service with questions. I would suggest that a carefully composed FAQ at AA.com would be more efficient for both of us.

fscher May 11, 2001 4:10 pm

I have a real problem with the list changing every day. Giftcertificates.com was listed yesterday, and now it is gone. If I get 20 credits and then you say that there was a ANOTHER mistake on the list, what happens? The site now lists Hotel questions, AOL type questions and Air Partner.....I really want specifics on the retail services and donations.

DebBrown May 11, 2001 4:51 pm

Originally posted by fscher:
Giftcertificates.com was listed yesterday, and now it is gone.
I don't think giftcertifcates.com has been on the list since before May 1. I printed the list May 1 and have been noting changes since then. The only changes to the retail section have been the removal of "Fresh Home & Garden" and the additions of Kelloggs and the National Parks Foundation.

I couldn't figure out how to get miles from giftcertificates anyway. Is there a way?

Debbie

fscher May 11, 2001 5:17 pm

There was a way......guess they removed themselves from program. Their link was at aa.com. 100.00 in gift certificates got you miles. Glad you saw it was there at some point. I can't keep up with the changes.