Wiki Posts
Search

Combining evoucher and paper voucher?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL DM, UA Gold, WOH Glob, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Milton is the only place that consistently knows how to handle DV vouchers. Back in the days of DEQM & TEQM promos we got several vouchers for missed flights. When trying to redeem at the airports we asked a dozen agents to process them. Only three accepted the challenge stating they know how to do it. NONE of them knew how to do it right and did not back off the taxes. One (at SFO ticket counter) used a previous ticket to follow the process and worked it out. One (at ORD AC) took the time to call the tariff desk to find out what needed to be done. We focused all future activity through those two people, even taking vouchers with us on MRs when future tickets needed to be processed.

What's really funny is when using eVouchers for VDB situations, they price with tax and then refund the tax back to the eVoucher. This makes an eVoucher live forever! A friend had several for $0.02 and finally burned them up. Not much of a tax refund on a $0.02 eVoucher.
Some agents tried to rationalize the challenges of paper voucher issuance on "Eagle Cities", which was true for CID and the ORD AC in terminal G. But doesn't explain all. Another explanation is that enough vouchers are not being disbursed!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
I happen to work near the airport so for me it's no big deal to go over there to use the voucher, but it's just straight strange that you can't book online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.