Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

OLCI purchased upgrade offer to non-elite before elite upgrades processed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI purchased upgrade offer to non-elite before elite upgrades processed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:29 pm

My parents got offered an upgrade during OLCI (I know because I do it for them since they can't figure out all the Internet stuff and I travel a LOT - I'm 32 not 12!) in both directions on YUL-MIA-YUL and they are definitely taking advantage of the extra baggage allowance and the upgrade costs a lot less than paying for 3 bags. Funnily enough they're not even AAdvantage members, much elites.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:54 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by richarddd
If it was an AAirpass booking into the equivalent of paid F, then the GA was wrong that it was an LBFU, just to state the obvious.

Someone looking 25 years old is old enough to have founded a successful startup, inherited serious money, etc.
Is it beyond the realm of possibility the AAirpass holder swapped seats with someone else in the cabin? Maybe the old codger in the seat behind her was the AAirpass member.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by amoyal
My parents got offered an upgrade during OLCI (I know because I do it for them since they can't figure out all the Internet stuff and I travel a LOT - I'm 32 not 12!) in both directions on YUL-MIA-YUL and they are definitely taking advantage of the extra baggage allowance and the upgrade costs a lot less than paying for 3 bags. Funnily enough they're not even AAdvantage members, much elites.
Nothing unusual or noteworthy in this unless you are also going to report that there was a queue of Elites still waiting for their upgrades?

LFBU is routinely offered to everyone when there are sufficient seats open, regardless of Elite status or lack of it.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Mark_T
Nothing unusual or noteworthy in this unless you are also going to report that there was a queue of Elites still waiting for their upgrades?

LFBU is routinely offered to everyone when there are sufficient seats open, regardless of Elite status or lack of it.
I wasn't at the Gate so I couldn't say for sure - I don't suppose YUL-MIA is a busy elite route
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:11 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
My no status brother just bought an upgrade at the counter this morning for AA's 8:30 am FLL-ORD flight for $110 which is barely more than the stickers would be. I find it hard to believe on the day before Thanksgiving that all the Exec Plat, Plat and Golds were accommodated.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by abk
My no status brother just bought an upgrade at the counter this morning for AA's 8:30 am FLL-ORD flight for $110 which is barely more than the stickers would be. I find it hard to believe on the day before Thanksgiving that all the Exec Plat, Plat and Golds were accommodated.
I was afraid I would have to use miles+copay, but my PLT upgrades cleared at T-72 this week. I suspect that while more people overall are traveling for Thanksgiving, there may actually be fewer elites (less business travel).
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:09 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
I actually find that Thanksgiving upgrades are the easiest to clear. A lot of business travelers enjoy staying at home.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by dstan
I actually find that Thanksgiving upgrades are the easiest to clear. A lot of business travelers enjoy staying at home.
Definitely true for the holidays. I'm traveling around Christmas and seat availability is the opposite of the rest of the year. One of my flights is booked solid in all of the center seats with almost all aisle and window seats open. F is completely open.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Return segments on Saturday were even easier to clear - actually upgraded slightly before T-72, and per EF inventory, it looks like I was the only one. My last flights as PLT - hopefully a sign of things to come!

Looks like there'll be plenty of ORD-SAN kiosk upgrades available this weekend if anyone's interested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.