Wiki Posts
Search

AA goes after UA elites and status matching up to EXP

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2012, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
Yes. He will already have ow emerald due to the acquisition.
Yes but I'd rather have AA EXP !!

I have BA Gold (EMD) till June 2014 anyway..
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Yes but I'd rather have AA EXP !!

I have BA Gold (EMD) till June 2014 anyway..
I think you'll be out of luck unless you can match to UA1k and then over to EXP from there...
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
Thumbs down Punished for not being a UA 1K?

Are we being punished for not switching over from UA 1K? I'm started to feel slighted now. 16 SWUs for 55K of flying, 3 Admirals Club passes and now 15 Gogo passes. ThAAnks AA!

That's my rant for today.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I got the email too, but not the AAdmirals Club passes...guess they are in the mail?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Nothing brings out the AA elite wrath like a targeted promo...
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by theblakefish
I got the email too, but not the AAdmirals Club passes...guess they are in the mail?
I received the club passes in the mail last Saturday and the Gogo email today. I don't think I need the passes, since I have an Amex Plat; and I doubt I'll be using wifi, as most of my flying is on Eagle connecting to an international flight.

But I find AA's efforts to retain my business most impressive.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Science Goy
Nope. Nothing brings out AA elite wrath like AA handing excessive perks to new and "unknown" customers while completely ignoring its longstanding/"known" ones.

I understand why they are doing this, but at some point, I think it would be wise to show some love to existing EXPs...

Originally Posted by gizmodell
Are we being punished for not switching over from UA 1K? I'm started to feel slighted now. 16 SWUs for 55K of flying, 3 Admirals Club passes and now 15 Gogo passes. ThAAnks AA!

That's my rant for today.
Yes. While I personally would not have any need/use for either the AC passes or the Gogo passes, I agree with your sentiment on principle.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:23 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Nope. Nothing brings out AA elite wrath like AA handing excessive perks to new and "unknown" customers while completely ignoring its longstanding/"known" ones.

I understand why they are doing this, but at some point, I think it would be wise to show some love to existing EXPs...
I'm inclined to agree. I've been in favor of AA's moves so far, but it's starting to get a bit excessive.

On the other hand, one could view the various DEQM promotions earlier in the year as something of a perk to existing customers even though it was open to everyone. It would be more attractive, on the whole, to existing customers.

Still, it's reaching the "enough is enough" point.

Cheers.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:27 am

Yeah, between my dozens of free domestic upgrades, 7/7 long-haul SWUs cleared this year, expanded award availability, EXP phone agents working miracles on multiple occasions, and hours spent drinking expensive liquor in Oneworld F lounges, I'm not feeling any love at all.

But from my time on FT I've learned that some people see anyone else getting a minor benefit as a serious affront, even though I don't understand this mindset.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:32 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
As well it should.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Yeah, between my dozens of free domestic upgrades, 7/7 long-haul SWUs cleared this year, expanded award availability, EXP phone agents working miracles on multiple occasions, and hours spent drinking expensive liquor in Oneworld F lounges, I'm not feeling any love at all.

But from my time on FT I've learned that some people see anyone else getting a minor benefit as a serious affront, even though I don't understand this mindset.
those ExP lite are getting all you just listed for a lot less than you had to pay to get it. I presume you did 100K EQM and/or EQP to get EXP, the others well they have not done jack squat and get the same thing.. those who earned EXP the hard way are looking like the fools this year, AA management, well they look like fools every year and the UA 1k's well they are laughing at both of you
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold

+1

If someone feels that AA is deficient in how it specifically treats him/her, so be it. There could be a legitimate beef there. But I don't get the jealousy over moves that bolster its business so that it can continue to offer a range of perks to all of us.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K

Perhaps the mindset stems from AA simply ignoring allegiance. While the benefits have been good for me, I have missed my fair share of upgrades this year. Additionally, I have to pay for Gogo if I choose to use it. At some point, AA has to realize that they are being too generous to a group of flyers that have not proved their AAlegiance. Of course, AA has no interest in my opinion. I have several SWUs this year that I probably won't use, unless I have to compete for UGs at the beginning of 2013. Why not give me free gogo passes? Because I did re-qualify for EXP? The problem is not with someone getting a minor benefit. The problem is that the benefit was extended to customers that were already given benefits that several current EXP members flew ~100k miles /points to attain.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
those ExP lite are getting all you just listed for a lot less than you had to pay to get it. I presume you did 100K EQM and/or EQP to get EXP, the others well they have not done jack squat and get the same thing..
Yeah, I fly over 100K miles per year, but always on discount fares. I'm sure there are plenty out there who are raging about the fact that I get the same benefits as them despite spending one-tenth as much on my tickets. Therefore, in my opinion it'd be the pinnacle of hypocrisy to complain about benefits being given to "EXP lite," when to many that's exactly what I am.

But hey - if you're spending $100,000 per year on full-fare F tickets, complain away
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Only email for me from AA today is to use miles for Lifelock. Keep hoping for notice that wait listed SWU has cleared or something useful (free gogo)but no I get offered LifeLock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.