Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

10-25% Off Your Next American Airlines Flight! [Targeted Citi card offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10-25% Off Your Next American Airlines Flight! [Targeted Citi card offer]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:45 am

Edit: I thought this was different enough from the Citi offer to have its own thread.

Extended, possibly targeted, to non-Citi cardholders (I don't have a card):

When you book a trip on AA.com, you already have plenty of choices. Now you have two more. Because when you book your next flight on AA.com, you can choose between two great offers:

* 15% off your next flight
* 25% American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles

Just pick the offer you want, and you'll get a promotion code you can use when you book your next trip. Booking must be completed by April 15, 2012.

{choose offer}

General Offer Terms and Conditions:
Embargo Dates: 3/9/2012‑3/12/2012, 3/16/2012‑3/18/2012, 3/23/2012‑3/25/2012, 4/6/2012‑4/9/2012, 5/25/2012‑5/28/2012. Offer valid only for recipients of this email. When used according to its terms, user will receive one of two promotion codes, 15% discount or 25% extra AAdvantage® bonus miles, for purchasing a published domestic round-trip with a minimum fare of $250.80 including taxes and fees. Promotion requires a 3 day minimum stay beyond what the fare rules require. Offer is valid in conjunction with travel from the US/PR/VI/Canada to any other city served by American Airlines, excluding codeshare flights, when purchased on AA.com between now and 4/15/2012, for travel completed by 6/28/2012. The promotion requires instant purchase and the offer may not be applied to previous reservations or reservations placed on hold. Round-trip travel is defined as travel to and from your American Airlines departure city with no deviations. The promotion code cannot be used for travel on the embargo dates mentioned above. Only one promotion code may be used per reservation, for up to four people in the reservation. The 25% bonus will only apply to the traveling member targeted to receive this promotion whereas the 15% discount can be applied to up to four people traveling in the same reservation as the targeted customer. For full terms and conditions about AA.com® promotion codes visit www.aa.com/promotioncode. Travel using this promotion is valid on American Airlines, American Eagle® Airlines, Inc., Executive Airlines, Inc. or the AmericanConnection® carrier (collectively referred to in this document as "American Airlines").

15% Discount: The 15% discount will be applied to the base fare only, meaning the total fare exclusive of all fares and taxes. That is, the discount would not be applied to fuel surcharges, passenger facility charges, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any or any other government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges.

AAdvantage® Bonus Miles: The 25% bonus miles are calculated at 25% of the base miles earned for the purchased ticket. Bonus miles will be posted within 60 days of last travel date to the AAdvantage account of the traveling member targeted for this promotion. Additional travelers booked in the same reservation will not receive the 25% bonus. AAdvantage bonus miles do not count towards elite status qualification or Million MilerSM status.

In order to receive the bonus miles, you will need to enter the promotion code provided when booking your reservation on AA.com. Simply click on the Book Now link. After entering your flight details, enter your promotion code (at step 9).

This email was sent to [email protected] because you subscribe to AAirmailSM or Net SAAver Fares®.

Last edited by lobo411; Mar 5, 2012 at 9:52 am
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone called to see if we can request this if we have citi cc and didn't get one?
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
More fine print on the 15% $$ off or 25% miles promo:

Promotion requires a 3 day minimum stay beyond what the fare rules require

Meh.. between this, blackout dates, restriction for domestic flights only, mileage isn't EQM, etc. I'm not enticed to plan anything like an unexpected weekend out of town or MR....
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:17 pm

as a non-citi card holder, received the following offer:

Choose More Miles Or More Savings When You Book Your Next Flight.
AA.com is bringing you one of the best travel stories of the year. Just pick the offer you want and register today to receive a promotion code to use the next time you book a trip on AA.com.

15% off your flight
25% more American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles
You'll also find everything you need to plan and inspire your trip at AA.com, from must-see sights to popular spots to great places to eat. So choose your offer and get started on the next chapter of your travels today. Be sure to book by April 15, 2012, and travel by June 28, 2012.

Leave this field empty
Pick Your Offer 15% Discount 25% Bonus Miles * First Name: * Last Name: * AAdvantage Number: * Email Address:
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
I'm a Citi Card holder.
I did not get the 10-25% off your next AA flight offer from Citi.
However I did get an offer from AA for 15% of next flight or 25% bonus miles.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA ExPLT, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
Zip, Zilch & Nada

I have two Citi cards (Amex & MC), SO has two as well (Amex & Visa). No offers for either of us.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:04 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by cyncyn129
I have two Citi cards (Amex & MC), SO has two as well (Amex & Visa). No offers for either of us.
Ditto... This stinks.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cyncyn129
same here

Looks like some people only got the email today. Perhaps there's still hope...
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
My wife has no card and got 15% off

My wife has not had a card for around a year got the 15% coupon.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA 2MM EXP, UA 1K, DL Silver
Three cards, no offers...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:33 am

Received

How are these offers being sent, snail mail, email, or both?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
I also didn't get a code (and I have 2 citi cards, AND subscribe to the NetSaaver fares email...). That's too bad, because I have a trip to book for June
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by eriquita0115
I also didn't get a code (and I have 2 citi cards, AND subscribe to the NetSaaver fares email...). That's too bad, because I have a trip to book for June
It was not a Citi promotion... It was an AAdvantage promo... I got it, but a friend who is Gold did not... Wish it would have been a week earlier before I booked a $350 fare within the T&C...
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:03 pm

Why is the travel cut off date June 13 2012?

My trip doesn't start until late June, so the code is useless to me. Has anyone received emails that extend through July 2012? PM if you have.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by sdnatv
My trip doesn't start until late June, so the code is useless to me. Has anyone received emails that extend through July 2012? PM if you have.
I didn't get anything.... I just used my 15% and would have loved to wait to use it in July instead. If they do that, I'm calling in for another to be issued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.