Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

10-25% Off Your Next American Airlines Flight! [Targeted Citi card offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10-25% Off Your Next American Airlines Flight! [Targeted Citi card offer]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:37 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Thumbs down Booo

I have a personal and business Citibank AAdvantage Card, but I never get either of these offers. I always get offers to sign up for more cards though.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by uxb
I have a personal and business Citibank AAdvantage Card, but I never get either of these offers. I always get offers to sign up for more cards though.
+1 I'm actually getting a little frustrated by the hit and miss nature of their marketing. I have both plat and exec cards with what I'd consider substantial spending and we didn't get a code this time around nor one of those 2-4-1 international biz certificates at the end of last year. Very annoying.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:42 am

No offer for me either. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
5 personal AA credit cards, 0 e-mail offers!

ExitRowAisle
A Dissatisfied 2nd Class Starwood Platinum Member
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
5 personal AA credit cards, 0 e-mail offers!

ExitRowAisle
A Dissatisfied 2nd Class Starwood Platinum Member
lol, if i dont use mine, i will give u
Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
10%-25% coupons DO COUNT as EQMs

Originally Posted by gipsss
Had the same thought last time around until someone clarified for me. miles not counting towards EQM/MM is referring to miles earned from citi Aa credit card spend.
Just got off the phone with AAdvantage PLT Desk and the rep said that all Citi coupons currently offered will generate EQMs.

She also stated that these standard T&Cs were referring to Citi Credit Cards earned miles so gipsss u're absolutely right!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA gold MM, HH gold, SPG gold,
Nothing for us. And again, nothing in the last ticket promo either. Just counted it up, MrB and I have 6 cards including his new Exec, and 2 sons have 3, some old cards, some new...and zero for us.

Did the email come from AA or from Citi? I'm considering sending an 'I'm not happy' note to whomever, not that I expect it will change things any.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As is usual with threads discussing promos, discount codes, offers or coupons, we request no posts requesting these. If a member posts an offer, please PM that member; posts consisting of discount code requests will be summarily deleted. Thanks for your understanding.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:48 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by imafaan
Just got off the phone with AAdvantage PLT Desk and the rep said that all Citi coupons currently offered will generate EQMs.
Yup. Always have, probably always will. No different from any other coupon codes that have come before.

Cheers.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jonny1
booked few flights already using miles for upcoming trip and have to book return ticket, where do i enter the code when i book with miles?

anywya i cna apply this for tickets i have already booked?

The promotion code requires instant purchase and may not be applied to previous reservations or reservations placed on hold.

Originally Posted by belleNY
Nothing for us. And again, nothing in the last ticket promo either. Just counted it up, MrB and I have 6 cards including his new Exec, and 2 sons have 3, some old cards, some new...and zero for us.

Did the email come from AA or from Citi? I'm considering sending an 'I'm not happy' note to whomever, not that I expect it will change things any.
AA
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Received 10% offer yesterday. I'm new to Citi/AA (just got the first card a couple of weeks ago, no status) so very surprised.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by MtRoot
Received 10% offer yesterday. I'm new to Citi/AA (just got the first card a couple of weeks ago, no status) so very surprised.
I've used my Citi AA Biz card for many years. And I'm EXP. I also got 10%.

Customer loyalty, either to AA or to Citi, seem not to be part of the formula used to decide this offer. After a variety of Citi interactions, I'm not in the least surprised.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
Boyfriend has 2 citi AA personal cards and he got a 10% offer. I have 3 citi AA personal cards and 2 citi AA business cards and got nothing.
As Charlie Brown would say, "I got a rock"

OK.. I didn't even get a rock
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:47 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
The only mail offer I got from Citi is the removal of my mileage cap on the card.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by uxb
The only mail offer I got from Citi is the removal of my mileage cap on the card.
Same

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.