Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

10-25% Off Your Next American Airlines Flight! [Targeted Citi card offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10-25% Off Your Next American Airlines Flight! [Targeted Citi card offer]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Unless specified, AAdvantage miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count toward elite-status qualification or Million Miler(SM) status.

The miles earned won't be EQM?!? That's unexpected. It would be nice to have this discount for a couple of TATL tickets I'll be buying soon, but not getting EQM for the trip would make re-qualification problematic.

OTOH, it may not matter since I haven't received an offer yet, despite having a World Elite card and a platinum card.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
1 Citi Visa Sig and 1 Citi Exec -> one 10% code

Since it doesn't count towards EQMs its useless 2 me. Anyone?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Hoc
I'm a Citi Aadvantage Credit Card holder, but did not get one.
I didn't either. Just booked at flight for March 25, too.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: HH-Gold, Hyatt Gold, SPG Gold, Select Guest Platinum, Marriott Silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton
If anyone possibly has a 25% off they aren't going to use, I would be forever greatful
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by thestallion123
Just got this. Should save me a bunch on an upcoming flight to SFO for 5 passengers. The T&C's dont have anything on a limitation on # of passengers eligible for this discount??

"In Celebration of the 25th Anniversary
of the Citi® / AAdvantage® Credit Card —

Save 15% On Your Next Flight!†

Thank you for being a Citi® / AAdvantage® credit cardmember. This year marks the 25th Anniversary of the Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card program and to help us celebrate, American Airlines would like to make your next vacation a reality.

You can save 15% on your next qualifying American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection® flight when you purchase travel through AA.com. To earn as many American Airlines AAdvantage® miles as you can, remember to use your Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card.

This limited 25th Anniversary offer ends soon, so book and purchase your travel by March 25, 2012. Travel must be completed by June 15, 2012.*"

AAdvantage® Program Terms and Conditions
American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. Unless specified, AAdvantage miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count toward elite-status qualification or Million Miler(SM) status. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage program, visit
Base fare only, right?
If it also offered 25% off YQ then it might be worth mentioning.....
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
Masses of Citi Cards....no offers.
I thought you were cancelling your AA cards when the million miler program changed?

From August, 2011:

Originally Posted by oldpenny16
I will cancel my AA credit cards when they no longer count. I'm close to 2 mill but may not make it.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by senoreit
I still haven't received the email. Can someone who has the code verify that they exclude flights to China for some reason. Seems odd to allow flights to Europe, Japan and South America, but exclude China.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
I thought you were cancelling your AA cards when the million miler program changed?

From August, 2011:
LOL! Busted!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:42 pm

Once again, my MIL who died years ago is the only one in the family to get the offer. They must target people who haven't flown recently. I'm pretty sure her Citi card is long expired.

Deb
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
I still haven't received the email. .
I still haven't got one either .

That said, I will give it up when it comes as I need the miles and the segments. It's a absolute no-use by eliminating them.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
I got the promo code, but I'm trying to book a multicity flight, and there's no where to enter the code. Anyone know where I can enter the promocode?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by FrogProf
Unless specified, AAdvantage miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count toward elite-status qualification or Million Miler(SM) status.

The miles earned won't be EQM?!? That's unexpected. It would be nice to have this discount for a couple of TATL tickets I'll be buying soon, but not getting EQM for the trip would make re-qualification problematic.

OTOH, it may not matter since I haven't received an offer yet, despite having a World Elite card and a platinum card.
Where did you see the verbage that states no EQM's earned?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by frebay
I got the promo code, but I'm trying to book a multicity flight, and there's no where to enter the code. Anyone know where I can enter the promocode?
I don't think there is a place you can enter it unfortunately.

I have a AmEx select and got a 10% offer. But like you, frebay, my upcoming itinerary is best booked as a multicity and I don't think I am going to be able to use it.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:46 pm

No offer yet, nor for the wife:

World Elite MC, 2 AA Plat cards, 2 AA Citi Business Cards between us.

--wes
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
I have 4 Citi AA cards(Personal Amex,VISA,Exec MC and 1 Business) and got nothing as usual
Actually I haven't received any promo emails from Citi AA CC before.

By the way,I posted 2x 10% off voucher at the Riese Restaurants NYC thread last night and it looks nobody has used it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.