Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I signed up. I didn't re-qual for EXP last year so this will come in very handy.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by LAXgt
I signed up. I didn't re-qual for EXP last year so this will come in very handy.
Were you in the targeted group?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Science Goy
I seem to remember reports of people getting 8 SWUs when completing their EXP challenge, then another 8 when crossing 100K miles.
I did not.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
Nope.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
Sigh...another promo that's swelling the ranks...Considering that the promo period is almost 4 months long, the adjusted earnings rate to hit EXP is only about 80k EQMs annually. That bar is just too low.
Kudos to AA for finding ways to try and target/retain customers that they deem valuable.

I've read complaints about elite-swelling ever since I joined this forum. Every time there is a DBEQM promotion (for example) there are concerns posted about dilution of benefits. I have yet to experience that dilution.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
Kudos to AA for finding ways to try and target/retain customers that they deem valuable.

I've read complaints about elite-swelling ever since I joined this forum. Every time there is a DBEQM promotion (for example) there are concerns posted about dilution of benefits. I have yet to experience that dilution.
I don't have any negative feeling toward dilution of the EXP pool. Flying is enough stress that I doesn't make sense to worry about if the pax next to me is worthy of being an EXP or not.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA since 1988 (ex-elite status); Alaska; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tom911
I was not targeted either, but a friend who just did a major int'l many-legged biz trip on UA/Star did get targeted

I successfully signed up. Happy to have bonus miles ANY time, even if I don't need the EQMs.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Chance of gain>>>>chance of loss, even if both are pretty small.
Well, if you're someone who would achieve EXP through the usual means this year, there's a big potential downside: namely, if enrolling in this promotion only gets you 8 SWUs in total, expiring Feb. 2013 instead of Feb. 2014. It depends on when and how you plan on burning SWUs, but no way would I sign up until this particular issue is clarified.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Well, if you're someone who would achieve EXP through the usual means this year, there's a big potential downside: namely, if enrolling in this promotion only gets you 8 SWUs in total, expiring Feb. 2013 instead of Feb. 2014. It depends on when and how you plan on burning SWUs, but no way would I sign up until this particular issue is clarified.
I am quite confident signing up for the promotion could not prevent someone from qualifying for EXP for the 2013 plan year through normal means or receiving the 8 SWUs good through 2013. The odds are it will do nothing for those not targeted, but we cannot yet rule out it allowing certain members who did not qualify during 2011 to qualify for 2012 in 2012 and get the SWUs late.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by LAXgt
I don't have any negative feeling toward dilution of the EXP pool. Flying is enough stress that I doesn't make sense to worry about if the pax next to me is worthy of being an EXP or not.
I don't care if an EXP or PLT or GLD or what have you is worthy or not, just as long as they're in Y and I'm in F!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
I am quite confident signing up for the promotion could not prevent someone from qualifying for EXP for the 2013 plan year through normal means or receiving the 8 SWUs good through 2013. The odds are it will do nothing for those not targeted, but we cannot yet rule out it allowing certain members who did not qualify during 2011 to qualify for 2012 in 2012 and get the SWUs late.
Nothing?
As far as I can tell there are two parts to the offer, one for EQ and the other for general double RDMs.

Unless I read the terms wrong...?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
High Value Customer AA?
Are you sure it is not High Value Cargo AA?

Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by bostonoski
Nothing?
As far as I can tell there are two parts to the offer, one for EQ and the other for general double RDMs.

Unless I read the terms wrong...?
Did you miss this part?:

This is an exclusive offer only for members who receive this email from American Airlines and register online
to participate.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by bostonoski
I successfully signed up.
We'll have to wait and see if you get the miles. Look at all the rejection letters in this thread from those that weren't targeted.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:16 pm

Did you miss this part?:
Um, no.

I was referring to the promo "rewards"... i.e. there are two parts. One is for double miles, the other is elite status.

So, it's not about earning "nothing", even if one doesn't need status.

It allowed me to register, and I did not receive a 'rejection' email, I received a confirmation email. Possibly, as in the past, AA will email those who registered but weren't targeted. Or not. One takes a chance at bonus miles when one sees an opportunity. Worst case? No harm no foul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.