Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
[QUOTE=nologic;18220562]ORD-PVG First Class
March 17, 2012

My comments: I thought he food was pretty good (I had the beef). Also liked the champagne and the Agenntinian Merlot, although I didn't think there was any wine as goood as the previouls Hall Cabernet.

Wine List:
Champagne: 2004 Champagne Moutard (Reims)

I am glad you liked the Moutard. It did not work for me on the 4 flights I have had it on this year!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by execplatscum
They serve it all at oncel.... much like Dine Upon Request in Biz or First only different. So for all those flying in the back, here is what you have to look forward to..

To Start:
Drink Service - Unlimited free Soft Drinks and Free Beer/Wine. Sampled the White which was an incredible recent vintage "Just Chardonnay" from France. Served in individual bottles and of course the well paired plastic vessel

Individual Sanitary Packaged Mini Nacho Cheese Flavored Crispy Things. An elegant accompaniment to the wine if I do say so..

1st Meal -
Salad and Apps:
Bed Freshly wilted lettuce with random veggies. Served with house personal "Thousand Island Dressing". Piquant and zesty at the same time.

French processed white cheese product in sanitary self serve package. The happy cow on the front confirms the quality of the cheese and when paired with the Table Crackers we have a contrasting crispy and creamy delight.

Freshly Packaged Individual Roll with Butter. Amazing that when removed from the packing the moistness quickly vanishes leaving you with bread reminiscent of the bakery products stored a bit to long in the cupboard.. crunchy goodness.

Main Course:
While tempted by the chicken with rice, chose the Pasta with Cheese in bright marinara sauce. Warmed to perfection with the slightly dry edges which suggested al dente without being overbearing. Salted to the level that even camels in the desert would appreciate.

To Finish:
Walkers Cookies - Ginger flavored - a scottish classic.

Pre-Arrival Snack:

More Fantastic White Wine... they say Just Chardonnay... I say delish.

Superb single serve deep dish pizza. Plenty of cheese and a soft crust of happy dough. Cooked to perfection and served with a smile.

7 Large Red Grapes -- Clearly imported from the finest vines.. also as a bonus you can take the seeds home and plant your own vineyard.

I didn't realize that Marilyn Hagerty was on FT
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
ORD-PEK in J

I have the misfortune of taking AA ORD-PEK in J soon. What should I expect to be served on the flight? I assume the service is similar to 7:00pm JFK-HND (Dinner/Light follow-on) and 6:30am HND-JFK (Breakfast/Brunch).

Thanks.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.4 mm, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by bosman
Well played, execplatscum! You have a way with words! Sounds exactly like my LHR-BOS gourmet experience except the pre-arrival snack was a ham sandwich with the same cheese & cracker combo plus some dried fruit bits and a KitKat bar.

We need more economy descriptions on this thread for us that fly in the back of the bus; but maybe FTers never fly less than J?
Thanks... I agree we need more Y menus... If only to remind the J and F crowd that there is "food" back there and in some cases pretty good stuff emphasis on some...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Carfield
Dining Services
You have to lay your own cutlery in AA international First?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
You have to lay your own cutlery in AA international First?
Yes although some FAs set your tray table. I much prefer BA F with your new cabin and crockery. AA FAs don't quite get the "to fly to serve" like their BA counterparts.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I am really shocked by that... I know they have an extra 2 passengers on an AA aircraft, but setting a table in full International First Class is, in my mind, a bare minimum of service standard.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
I have the misfortune of taking AA ORD-PEK in J soon. What should I expect to be served on the flight? I assume the service is similar to 7:00pm JFK-HND (Dinner/Light follow-on) and 6:30am HND-JFK (Breakfast/Brunch).

Thanks.
Same as HND/JFK. Dinner-salad, appetizer, 4 entree choices followed by a midflight hot snack (or cold sandwiches. Don't get the cold, they look like coach kids meals) followed by a snack service (cold tray or pizza) prior to landing.

On the return, even though the flight is at 7am, they will serve "dinner" upon take off The purser said it's dinner in Chicago. Anyway, same meal service: dinner, snack, and then breakfast prior to landing.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
On the return, even though the flight is at 7am, they will serve "dinner" upon take off The purser said it's dinner in Chicago. Anyway, same meal service: dinner, snack, and then breakfast prior to landing.
Really? I thought the ex-PEK morning departures served a heavy brunch after take off.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:39 pm

Same as HND/JFK. Dinner-salad, appetizer, 4 entree choices followed by a midflight hot snack (or cold sandwiches. Don't get the cold, they look like coach kids meals) followed by a snack service (cold tray or pizza) prior to landing.

Thanks. Although I must point out that as of July 2011, AA served a breakfast/brunch on the early HND-JFK flight. I'll plan accordingly though thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
ORD-LHR First Class. AA metal.

Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sts603
Really? I thought the ex-PEK morning departures served a heavy brunch after take off.
Not when I flew last time in April 2011. Dinner was served and purser was apologetic. Things may have changed since then, however.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Dinner in F MIA-SXM

A question.....

We'll be in F DFW-MIA-SXM. The second leg is technically international, of course, but it would not surprise me if dinner on this 738 flight is more domestic in nature.

Anyone have an idea concerning what we'll be offered for dinner on the MIA-SXM leg including the red wine selection?

We usually fly in F on CO (excuse me, UA) IAH-SJU with a connection into SXM; however, those days appear to be over for several reasons that I won't get into here.....

Thanks......
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Caibbean usually gets the same, if not worse than domestic (for example, JFK-SJU, a 4 hour flight, has a dinner service thats worse than DFW-LAX, a 3 hour flight). Salad, entree, and a slice of cake. No ice cream, no appetizer. FYI, AA's "international" definition specifically excludes the Caribbean.

Central America and beyond gets a slightly improved/larger salad for lunch and dinner and a larger tropical fruit plate for breakfast. Lunch and dinner both get ice cream.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Caibbean usually gets the same, if not worse than domestic (for example, JFK-SJU, a 4 hour flight, has a dinner service thats worse than DFW-LAX, a 3 hour flight). Salad, entree, and a slice of cake. No ice cream, no appetizer. FYI, AA's "international" definition specifically excludes the Caribbean.

Central America and beyond gets a slightly improved/larger salad for lunch and dinner and a larger tropical fruit plate for breakfast. Lunch and dinner both get ice cream.

Quite understandably, for the most part.

Caribbean = mostly leisure markets (except Haiti, where full meals are offered in all classes of service) - AA has virtually zero competition from other legacy U.S. carriers in Caribbean markets

Central America = significant business travel (=competition), in addition to leisure travelers

However, I have to say that it is lousy that the new 2,700-mile BGI-DFW flight gets a reduced domestic-level meal (no appetizer, cookie, or ice cream) despite being much longer than transcons or LAX-Hawaii routes. J doesn't even get the Personal Water Service offered on transcons!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.