Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 9:45 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Any information on what champagne is currently being served in F, specifically ORD-PEK?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 4:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA236 JFK-FCO J Aug 2012

AA236 JFK-FCO J Aug 2012

Dinner

To Start
Warm mixed nuts
or
Marinated cheese antipasto

Appetizer
Smoked salmon and herbed marinated shrimp

Salad
Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with pepper cream dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course

Grilled Beef Tenderloin
Served with charred Romesco sauce, corn puree and haricots verts
A signature Richard Sanoval item

Adobo Chicken
Served with achiote truffle sauce, purple mashed potatoes, vanilla-scented corn and scallions
A signature Richard Sanoval item

Curried Shrimp and Scallops
Seared shrimp and scallops accompanied by an East Indian curry sauce, served with aromatic jasmine rice and vegetable ratatouille
A signature Cindy Hutson item

Garden Lasagna
Lasagna layered with a blend of cheeses, complemented by diced zucchini, carrots, and broccoli topped with tomato basil sauce
A signature Nancy Brussat item

Dessert

Ice Cream Sundae
Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Fruit and Cheese
A selection of seasonal fruit and fine cheeses

Breakfast

Select From

Yogurt
Creamy fruit yogurt

Cereal
Kellogg's cereal with milk

All options are offered with fresh seasonal fruit

Breakfast Breads
A selection of breakfast breads

Express Breakfast
Served 45 minutes prior to landing to allow you to sleep as long as possible
Warm breakfast breads, seasonal fruit and your choice of beverage

Pre-Arrival Beverage
Chilled sparkling or still water with a fresh citrus garnish

Wine List

Champagne
Champagne Demilly de Baere Carte d'Or

White Wines
Mulderbosch Sauvignon Blanc
Domaine des Rochers Pouilly-Fuisse

Red Wines
Glenelly Glass Collection Cabernet Sauvignon
Murrieta's Well Zarzuela

Sherry
Emilio Lustau Sherry

Dessert Wine
Graham's Vintage Port

8/12
2Cls, Business, US-FCO/MXP, Dinner - Cold Breakfast
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by gwade
Any information on what champagne is currently being served in F, specifically ORD-PEK?
Looks like Champagne Demilly de Baere Cuvee Carte D'or Brut to/from China generally. Gosset Brut to/from Japan.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...tle=wine#Japan

Compare that to Gosset Grand Millesime on BA.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:38 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Thx, wish they would pour Krug, but I know...I'm dreaming.

Hell, I miss the days when they served Pommery Louise...the 1989 Louise was the champagne that got me hooked on champagne.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 4:38 pm

Does anyone have current knowledge of Current AA962/963 GRU-DFW menu? I'll be flying 3 RT's in the next few weeks. Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Aa93 dub-ord 14/10

To start- Warm mixed nuts and crudités and Dip

Appetizer- Grilled shrimp, sesame smoked tuna and seaweed halibut and salmon

Salas- Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables with honey Dijon dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Bread Basket - assorted gourmet breads.

Main course-

Chateaubriand
Grilled fillet of beef topped with a green peppercorn sauce, offered with potatoes au gratin and sautéed mushrooms, leeks and onions.

Rosemary Cumin Chicken
gilled breast of chicken flavoured with rosemary and cumin, served with spinach orechiette pasta topped with creamy sauce.

Shrimp and scallops sambal
Lime marinated shrimp and seared scallops served with a sambal sauce, accompanied by jasmine rice with almonds, sautéed onions and leeks.

Cheese tortellini
Delicate cheese filed tortellini in a rich mascarpone sauce.
Dessert- Ice cream sundae or fruit and cheese.

Usual pizza offering and a grilled chicken cold plate offered prior to landing.

Nice crew and pre-clearance in DUB is great.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Originally Posted by ardboe
To start- Warm mixed nuts and crudités and Dip

Appetizer- Grilled shrimp, sesame smoked tuna and seaweed halibut and salmon

Salas- Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables with honey Dijon dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Bread Basket - assorted gourmet breads.

Main course-

Chateaubriand
Grilled fillet of beef topped with a green peppercorn sauce, offered with potatoes au gratin and sautéed mushrooms, leeks and onions.

Rosemary Cumin Chicken
gilled breast of chicken flavoured with rosemary and cumin, served with spinach orechiette pasta topped with creamy sauce.

Shrimp and scallops sambal
Lime marinated shrimp and seared scallops served with a sambal sauce, accompanied by jasmine rice with almonds, sautéed onions and leeks.

Cheese tortellini
Delicate cheese filed tortellini in a rich mascarpone sauce.
Dessert- Ice cream sundae or fruit and cheese.

Usual pizza offering and a grilled chicken cold plate offered prior to landing.

Nice crew and pre-clearance in DUB is great.

Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:31 am

Anyone here tried the lobster risotto that's offered on some of this month's menus? A flight attendant dissuaded me from ordering it for the NRT-ORD dinner service recently, saying that it was not good (and in particular, that the amount of meat was insubstantial). She had been providing great service, which is why I went with her advice.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Interesting, I have to wonder if this was a move to allow the crew to have a good meal....

Originally Posted by silentbob1974
Anyone here tried the lobster risotto that's offered on some of this month's menus? A flight attendant dissuaded me from ordering it for the NRT-ORD dinner service recently, saying that it was not good (and in particular, that the amount of meat was insubstantial). She had been providing great service, which is why I went with her advice.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Interesting, I have to wonder if this was a move to allow the crew to have a good meal....
That was not even on my radar of possible motivations. Risotto is hard enough to prepare well in a kitchen, so the chances of it being good on a plane seemed unlikely. I was just happy to see an appealing alternative to steak, chicken breast, or pasta. If it's offered again on one of my flights, I'll definitely order.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
A few years ago I was flying with a companion in J NRT-ORD and the FA stated the entree choice was gone, only for me to later see the FA eating it on her jump seat. So it is conceivable I reckon.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

this is true, however, the food does go through testing and at times, UA asked for FT people to sample the new menu's. so Im thinking that UA has tested the Risotto before it goes on the menu. ONe would have to wonder why UA would choice such a hard dish to make and offer it on the plane.

That was not even on my radar of possible motivations. Risotto is hard enough to prepare well in a kitchen, so the chances of it being good on a plane seemed unlikely. I was just happy to see an appealing alternative to steak, chicken breast, or pasta. If it's offered again on one of my flights, I'll definitely order.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT, VS Gold, SPG Plat, Le Club Plat, Amex Plat
this is true, however, the food does go through testing and at times, UA asked for FT people to sample the new menu's. so Im thinking that UA has tested the Risotto before it goes on the menu. ONe would have to wonder why UA would choice such a hard dish to make and offer it on the plane.
AA?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Opps, sorry... Either way they are all tested before they make the rotations..

Originally Posted by thomdis
AA?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT, VS Gold, SPG Plat, Le Club Plat, Amex Plat
Opps, sorry... Either way they are all tested before they make the rotations..
Although that would be interesting... Having airlines select meals for their competitors. Would add a little more excitement (drama?) to the flying experience.

As far as being tested... Are they tested at altitude I wonder?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.