Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
this I can answer, I know that UA test both thier wines and food at atltude.

Originally Posted by thomdis
Although that would be interesting... Having airlines select meals for their competitors. Would add a little more excitement (drama?) to the flying experience.

As far as being tested... Are they tested at altitude I wonder?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
AA100 JFK-LHR dinner flight on Nov 1st

I was shocked to find no Ice Cream Sundae was offered on the flight....
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:11 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
Business or First? What was offered?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by supergrandslam

Unless there was a catering mistake, you should have been offered a made-to-order ice cream sundae in First Class. But Business Class gets only a scoop of ice cream, not the full-fledged sundae.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Thanks for clarification, I was in Business.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Unless there was a catering mistake, you should have been offered a made-to-order ice cream sundae in First Class. But Business Class gets only a scoop of ice cream, not the full-fledged sundae.
I've always found this be an odd catering choice given that AFS transcons get ice cream sundaes at dinner in J.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sts603
I've always found this be an odd catering choice given that AFS transcons get ice cream sundaes at dinner in J.

I believe it is for competitive reasons on the AFS transcons, particularly now that the SAG contract no longer requires "First" designation for the travel of its members.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ESpen36
I believe it is for competitive reasons on the AFS transcons, particularly now that the SAG contract no longer requires "First" designation for the travel of its members.
But....I know at least DL serves ice cream sundaes on its TATL routes in J. Not sure about the new UA.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
Aa233 mia-gru

I'm in FC on the above day flight 01 December. Any ideas as to the menu?

Last edited by MileHigh; Nov 20, 2012 at 5:31 pm
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by sts603
But....I know at least DL serves ice cream sundaes on its TATL routes in J. Not sure about the new UA.
UA currently serves both a cheese plate and sundaes in business.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
A few questions from this AA newbie for J service.

How is it delivered? All from an economy class-style cart? What is the order?

-Drink Run with warm nuts (do you get both the crudites and the warm nuts or is it a choice?)
-Drink Run top off and tray delivery with appetizer and bread
-Drink Run top off with salad (removal of appetizer plate...so appetizer and salad are served separately?)
-Main entree delivery (removal of salad plate) and drink top off
-Tray removal and dessert delivery (is it presented on a different cart with coffee/cordials)

How proactive are FAs about refills or are they only done when the cart passes your aisle? Do FAs come through the cabin with wine bottles regularly to top off?

Are the small sippy wine cups used in international business or the large, longer-stem wine glasses used? I have seen both in this thread?

Are the larger round plates used on 777 flights or smaller plates used?

On Asian flights, is the mid-flight service delivered by a cart or does an FA walk around with trays offering it at a specified time? or is it whenever you would like?

Is there a cart set up in the galley for snacks and drinks?

Does AA offer bottles of water or only a glass that needs refilling whenever an FA walks by?

Is breakfast delivered by economy-style cart as well?

What are the main difference between F and J meal products (besides the soft product service delivery)? Just a fancier ice cream sundae?

Does anyone have a photo of the midflight snack bento box on Japanese flights?

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Nov 24, 2012 at 9:51 am
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

On Asian flights, is the mid-flight service delivered by a cart or does an FA walk around with trays offering it at a specified time?

The mid-flight snacks are usually hand delivered... I don't have any pictures but the bento box is an inari zushi roll and some pickles.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA
I am looking for J/F menu for 2 flights: DFW-NRT and HND-JFK. Can anyone help?!
Old Nov 24, 2012, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, lots of questions! I will attempt to answer them. Here goes!

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

How is it delivered? All from an economy class-style cart? What is the order?
Business Class service occurs from a normal service cart EXCEPT dessert, which is the 3-tiered trolley. Some crews hand-run the follow-on meal service and do drinks/accessories with the trolley, while others use the service cart for follow-on as well.

-Drink Run with warm nuts (do you get both the crudites and the warm nuts or is it a choice?)
Crudites or warm nuts or both--sometimes hand-run, but more commonly from the service cart delivered together with drinks. Drinks are from the service cart. Water glass service might be hand-run.

-Drink Run top off and tray delivery with appetizer and bread
Service cart.

-Drink Run top off with salad (removal of appetizer plate...so appetizer and salad are served separately?)
Removal of appetizer plate and delivery of salad course are supposed to be hand-run. Drink top-off is via service cart, except for wine and water which are hand-run.

-Main entree delivery (removal of salad plate) and drink top off
Removal of salad plate and delivery of entree plate are supposed to be hand-run. Drink top-off is via service cart, except for wine and water which are hand-run.

Note that on 772 J flights, entrees are pre-plated and served in their warming dishes like domestic F. On 75L and 763 J flights, entrees are plated on board on the larger Flagship china plates. (The latter is much more elegant IMHO!)

-Tray removal
Usually hand-run.

and dessert delivery (is it presented on a different cart with coffee/cordials)
Supposed to be the three-tiered trolley with coffee/after-dinner drinks. Sometimes they just serve directly from the galley and hand-run (which is not as elegant IMHO....I like to see them set up the trolley and show us the full spread of dessert options!)

Note that on 772 J flights, the ice cream dessert is a simple scoop of ice cream, preplated. On 75L and 763 J flights, the Signature Sundaes are offered, made to order seat-side.

How proactive are FAs about refills or are they only done when the cart passes your aisle?
Usually fairly proactive. They also sometimes offer to refill the PWS bottles. Once, on my DEL-ORD flight in J, every time I woke up (about 5-6 times during the flight) my bottle had been refilled!!! Kudos to the amazing FA working my side of the cabin!

Do FAs come through the cabin with wine bottles regularly to top off?
During the meal services, yes.

Are the small sippy wine cups used in international business or the large, longer-stem wine glasses used? I have seen both in this thread?
It depends. On 772 J and 75L J flights, the small domestic wine glasses are used. On 763 J flights, the longer-stem wine glasses are used.

Are the larger round plates used on 777 flights or smaller plates used?
See above. Larger round plates in the 75L and 763 J cabins. Pre-plated in warming dishes in the 772 J cabin.

On Asian flights, is the mid-flight service delivered by a cart or does an FA walk around with trays offering it at a specified time? or is it whenever you would like?
I've sat only in F, not J. But in F, it depends entirely on the crew working the flight. I have had it both ways. The more flexible crews prepare the follow-on meals to order, whenever you want to eat. The less flexible crews won't give you any food until "it's time" for the follow-on service. I suspect that the J cabin would require you to wait, since service is via the service cart and a lot more pax need to be served.

Is there a cart set up in the galley for snacks and drinks?
Depends on the route. Asia flights: YES. Europe flights: WESTBOUND ONLY (except possibly LAX-LHR, but I don't know for sure. South America flights: NO (at least not the redeyes, which are 95% of the Deep S.A. flights)

Does AA offer bottles of water or only a glass that needs refilling whenever an FA walks by?
PWS is offered in F and J cabins on all IFS flights.

Is breakfast delivered by economy-style cart as well?
As I mentioned already, it depends heavily on the specific crews. One of the best Pursers I have ever had (on DFW-MAD several times in a row!) always insisted on hand-running the breakfast follow-on trays personally. Then, he set up the three-tiered trolley with coffee, danishes, bagels, etc., to accompany the hot meal. The less ambitious crews serve from the service carts.

What are the main difference between F and J meal products (besides the soft product service delivery)? Just a fancier ice cream sundae?
No. As I noted above, J does not get an ice cream sundae on 772 flights--just a scoop of ice cream.

More broadly, the differences are primarily in service and meal presentation. There are many small distinctions, and they matter to me, but not to everyone. I have gone over them in minute detail in other threads....I'm sure you can search for them. But I will say here that 763/75L J service is supposed to be as close to F service as possible without actually making if F service, reason being that these aircraft do not offer F. By contrast, 772 J service is significantly reduced in order to differentiate the product from 772 F.

Sorry, can't help you there! I usually go with the other option on those flights.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sambb
I am looking for J/F menu for 2 flights: DFW-NRT and HND-JFK. Can anyone help?!

This link might be helpful. The entree rotations do not change much from year to year. Be sure you are looking at the correct month.

http://customers.lsgskychefs.com/psm/plating.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.