Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
Late night dinner (appetizer served together with main course over salad or vegetables, then dessert). Continental breakfast (cold cereal, fruit, yogurt).
Right, the breakfast is minimal, the dinner is almost what you would get on an earlier flight, but served all at once. In June they had the beef dish we've seen here doing the rounds, as well as choice of a lighter option, and subbed the appetizer for a consomme. Ice cream afterwards. A full and plentiful meal - worked for me as I was coming in from the west coast so the meal was at dinner time for me. I skipped the breakfast completely in favor of some sleep and grabbed a bite in the Arrivals lounge. If you're connecting and have status (and time) I would always recommend grabbing something in the BA lounges over breakfast on the plane with such a short flight.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
Late night dinner (appetizer served together with main course over salad or vegetables, then dessert). Continental breakfast (cold cereal, fruit, yogurt).
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Right, the breakfast is minimal, the dinner is almost what you would get on an earlier flight, but served all at once. In June they had the beef dish we've seen here doing the rounds, as well as choice of a lighter option, and subbed the appetizer for a consomme. Ice cream afterwards. A full and plentiful meal - worked for me as I was coming in from the west coast so the meal was at dinner time for me. I skipped the breakfast completely in favor of some sleep and grabbed a bite in the Arrivals lounge. If you're connecting and have status (and time) I would always recommend grabbing something in the BA lounges over breakfast on the plane with such a short flight.
Yes, connecting to BA, and though Mrs. GaryD has status, I don't think we need it to access Galleries in T5, since arriving on OW J.

I'd like to have one good meal on board. It looks like the dinner far surpasses the breakfast, but I'll see how I feel at 11:30 pm (4:30 am London time) before I decide. Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by GaryD
Yes, connecting to BA, and though Mrs. GaryD has status, I don't think we need it to access Galleries in T5, since arriving on OW J.

I'd like to have one good meal on board. It looks like the dinner far surpasses the breakfast, but I'll see how I feel at 11:30 pm (4:30 am London time) before I decide. Thanks.
For access - yes, although if the mrs is EXP you can access Galleries F - very good buffet breakfast and some excellent menu items made to order (partial to the smoked fish for breakfast myself).

If you're in the eastern timezone, dinner that late is a stretch, I agree. You'll do your best to motor through the meal, and their service is prompt and efficient, yet you'll be eating until past midnight, and that might just not work.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
AA131 HEL-ORD JUL12 Business Class

DINING SERVICE

To Start

Warm mixed nuts or Marinated cheese antipasto

Appetizer

Smoked salmon and honey ginger shrimp accompanied by capers, red onion and sour cream

Salad

Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with honey Dijon dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Bread Basket

Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course

Beef Fillet with Shallot Sauce
Grilled fillet of beef offered with a shallot sauce, accompanied by potato gnocchi with truffles and a medley of sauteed vegetables

Chicken Provencal
Herbed breast of chicken Provencal accented by a wild mushroom reduction, served with green beans and wild rice

Scallops with Lime Champagne
Seared scallops flavored with a creamy lime Champagne sauce, complemented by a mushroom and asparagus saute and rice pilaf with leeks

Rigatoni with Cream Sauce
Rigatoni pasta enhanced by a rich cream sauce garnished with pine nuts

Dessert

Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Fruit and Cheese
A selection of seasonal fruit and fine cheeses

MID-FLIGHT SNACK

Fruit and Cheese
A selection of seasonal fruit and fine cheeses

Snacks
Assorted snack items are also available

LIGHT MEAL

Select From

Uno's Four Cheese and Pesto Pizza
A traditional deep-dish pizza with a mozzarella, Muenster, Romano and feta cheese blend, basil pesto and plum tomatoes accompanied by a green salad

Tandoori Chicken Cold Plate
Sliced breast of chicken accompanied by potato salad

Dessert

Fresh fruit or cookies, freshly baked on board

PRE-ARRIVAL BEVERAGE

For Your Enjoyment

Chilled sparkling or still water with a fresh citrus garnish

Comments: Do I even have to say anything about the appetizer; endless amounts of salmon and shrimp on AA! Other than that, very nice job from the caterer and AA. The main course was really delicious. Service on this flight was absolutely fantastic, the purser and the f/a serving my aisle were just fantastic with their interaction with customers! They were working hard to make this a memorable flight. Thank you!

Last edited by DALtoAAL; Oct 17, 2012 at 5:44 pm
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Was the pre-arrival beverage offered? I'm at about 20% for IFS flights this year, 0% for AFS.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Was the pre-arrival beverage offered? I'm at about 20% for IFS flights this year, 0% for AFS.
Oh yes, it was...I guess it was the first time this year I saw them actually offering the water before arrival.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Anyone know what they are serving on DFW-LHR flights for the starters in F? Cheese or the crudités? We're on flight 80 and I would prefer not to see the celery.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer_70
Anyone know what they are serving on DFW-LHR flights for the starters in F? Cheese or the crudités? We're on flight 80 and I would prefer not to see the celery.
You on tonight? If so, I will see you there.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gegarrenton
You on tonight? If so, I will see you there.
Yep! I have a FT tag on the bag. We'll be in the D club in about 15 minutes.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cheese antipasto. :-:
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:38 pm

Cheese antipasto. :-:
Food win.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
NRT-ORD Aug 12

Japanese Meal

To Start
A selection of sushi

MAIN TRAY
Kobachi Chicken and harusame noodle salad presented with green curl, Parmesan cheese, watercress and yellow cherry tomato
Hassun Egg roll with asparagus, grilled flounder saikyoyaki-style, fish cake with yuzu citrus mayonnaise in crab claw and fish paste and vegetable terrine, served with sliced, simmered conger eel, wakame seaweed and cucumber julienne

Simmer Dish
Rolled bean curd with soba, simmered hijiki seaweed and soy beans, pumpkin, carrot and ginan starch sauce

Entrée
Salmon with vegetable roll served with mixed mushrooms and chrysanthemum sauce

Soup
Miso soup with tofu and wakame seaweed

Accompanied by steamed rice
and assorted seasonal pickles

Light meal prior to arrival
Vegetable quiche with green salad and cherry tart

Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Food win.
Sadly the rest of my meal was a fail. The salmon looked like it was left on the DFW tarmac for an hour or two before loading. The chicken dish looked like some sort of grey matter. Bread was stale.

I don't like to complain about First class. But that food was seriously sub-par. I had not experienced that before.

Wine was ok. :-:
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:46 am

Sadly the rest of my meal was a fail. The salmon looked like it was left on the DFW tarmac for an hour or two before loading. The chicken dish looked like some sort of grey matter. Bread was stale.

I don't like to complain about First class. But that food was seriously sub-par. I had not experienced that before.

Wine was ok. :-:
Doh. The shrimp and scallop dish ended up fairly good. I passed on bread and appetizers so I guess I dodged a bullet!
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doh. The shrimp and scallop dish ended up fairly good. I passed on bread and appetizers so I guess I dodged a bullet!
I'll post some photos when we get back. My hubby had the shrimp and scallops as well. He lucked out.

As of the time this was written, we are still lounging at LHR. AA told us they needed two hours to change the flight. BA told us to pound sand. The champagne doesn't harm the wait though. .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.