Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Is AA's anti-American decision to buy Euro planes making you fly elsewhere?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is AA's anti-American decision to buy Euro planes making you fly elsewhere?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:32 am

Isn't it, in fact, more patriotic to purchase Airbus?

The Boeing offerings aren't as fuel efficient, which would, in turn, increase the USA's reliance of foreign oil, making the US less of a power in the world and in the long-term trevialising the miniscule outlay for the non US aircraft?

I think they strengthened America.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Cool

haha...makes ya wonder where the computer/laptop/monitor/mouse/keyboard was made/manufactured that the OP used to type the post. I never knew there was a HUGE Intel chip manufacture in Costa Rica.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:39 am

Oxygen deprivation from standing on such a high horse has clouded your ability to make rational decisions. It's called globalization, accept it. The most "American" car is made by a Japanese company while many "American" companies outsource their manufacturing overseas. Guess AA shouldn't purchase 787s because of Japanese wings, Italian tails, German seats, French landing gear, and British engines.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
IBTL.

Absolutely. I'm switching all of my Trans-Atlantic flying to Southwest, which uses Boeing planes.

In addition, I have decided to stop eating French Fries, English Muffins and Canadian Bacon.

Mike
ahahahahahaha....

And for what it's worth, I don't even like Airbus planes, but that has f#!@ all to do with where they are made!

This thread made me LOL....
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:46 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by new2japan
The thread asks a rather valid question that nobody else has been asking.
Actually it doesn't, it asks a rather stupid question that some stupid people have already been asking.

Airbus USA directly supports over 120,000 US workers, add to that Honeywell avionics etc. A new Airbus A320 is about 50% American

Constrastingly the new B787 if they ever manage to launch it will be the most outsourced aircraft ever built. Your ill aligned patriotism though will do wonders for Turkey and Japan.

Is it not also time for AA to also retire their old American FA's to the desert and upgrade to some shiny new European cabin crew too?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

I wonder where the OP was when AA flew BAC 1-11's?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by InfiniteCycle
Isn't it, in fact, more patriotic to purchase Airbus?

The Boeing offerings aren't as fuel efficient, which would, in turn, increase the USA's reliance of foreign oil, making the US less of a power in the world and in the long-term trevialising the miniscule outlay for the non US aircraft?

I think they strengthened America.
Depending on routes/duration/configuration 737-800 is suppose to be more fuel efficient per mile per passenger than a A320, Same for 737-700 vs A319.
The non existant A320 NEO is suppose to be much more efficient than a 737-800 or an A320 NON NEO. The 737 version of NEO is a big ???????.
A lot of the procurement decisons are being based on availability due to the backlog. Either plane is more efficient then the replacements.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by mikeef
Absolutely. I'm switching all of my Trans-Atlantic flying to Southwest, which uses Boeing planes.
Trying to avoid US airlines that fly Airbus is going to leave the OP with a pretty short list. As mentioned, Southwest. Airtran, which is being bought out by Southwest. CO, which is merging with UA (which uses Airbus). And if you include regionals and expand your xenophobic bias outside of just Airbus, CO uses Canadian, Brazilian and Swedish planes already, so that leaves the OP as a Southwest flyer only.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread is almost as good as the "American is awful because they only had Coke Lite instead of Coke Zero on my flight!" ^
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:08 am

Many people are expecting that American's A320neo frames will be assembled in Mobile, although I doubt that changes anything for the rabidly xenophobic protectionist crowd.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Japhydog
This thread is almost as good as the "American is awful because they only had Coke Lite instead of Coke Zero on my flight!" ^
What?!?!?! Say it isn't so!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: Grounded
Did we step into freeper territory by accident?

How about that virgin america? I bet *none* of the staff are virgins!

Alaska Airlines in Seattle and making a push to Hawaii?! What a world.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:19 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Oh yeah, my answer: I couldn't give a rat's butt about where they get the planes.

Cheers.

Last edited by dstan; Aug 23, 2011 at 2:22 pm Reason: redacted quote of and response to deleted material
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
I was going to let the "un-American" purchase of Airbus planes go....but then I got a British FA on an American flight (imagine my horror!)....that sent me over the edge... no more AA! You've gone too far giving foreigners jobs on your planes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.