Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Miles transfers to Hilton HHonors to end Aug 2011 - exception ended Jul 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Miles transfers to Hilton HHonors to end Aug 2011 - exception ended Jul 2012

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Any recent redemption?

Tried this today, but keep getting this message: "In order to fulfill your order, we require additional information to be provided."
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pvs001d
Any recent redemption?

Tried this today, but keep getting this message: "In order to fulfill your order, we require additional information to be provided."
Over to the left of your message it says in your profile:
Could this have anything to do with it? Are you trying to do this from outside the US? (I can't remember ever doing anything on points.com driven stuff while outside the country, but I seem to recall from other threads that some peope who were based outside the US had trouble using points.com based stuff.)

Also, at what point are you getting this message? At the last step (where you would have been charged the $30 had it succeeded) or earlier?

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 27, 2012 at 1:08 pm
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Over to the left of your message it says in your profile:
Could this have anything to do with it? Are you trying to do this from outside the US? (I can't remember ever doing anything on points.com driven stuff while outside the country, but I seem to recall from other threads that some peope who were based outside the US had trouble using points.com based stuff.)

Also, at what point are you getting this message? At the last step (where you would have been charged the $30 had it succeeded) or earlier?
Thanks! That was it. I was getting this error at last step (Place Order). As soon as tried it from US (virtually) it went through.

P.S. It amazes me, that security people still believe in GeoIP filtering.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:11 pm

I am looking to transfer points over to Starwood. The maximum for one transaction seems to be 100,000 miles with a $30 fee. However, there is a note indicating that I can transfer up to 150,000 miles a year. Does this mean I need to do two transactions and pay the $30 twice? Anyone know if there is someone I can call to do 150,000 miles with one $30 fee?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by qazw1
I am looking to transfer points over to Starwood. The maximum for one transaction seems to be 100,000 miles with a $30 fee. However, there is a note indicating that I can transfer up to 150,000 miles a year. Does this mean I need to do two transactions and pay the $30 twice? Anyone know if there is someone I can call to do 150,000 miles with one $30 fee?
If you are really wanting to transfer to Starwood, then you are in the wrong thread, and probably the wrong forum. If you want to transfer to Hilton, then the answer is that you need to do two transactions and pay the $30 fee each time. Reports here indicate that you can do more than 150,000 miles in a year, that the second transaction does not seem to be limited other than by the 100,000 per transaction limit.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:46 pm

Thanks. The link given here also seems to work for Starwood which is why I posted here.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qazw1
Thanks. The link given here also seems to work for Starwood which is why I posted here.
What link are you talking about?

I just went to http://redeemaamiles.points.com and like always before (in the past half year, anyway), all I see (in the Award Options info before logging in, as well as after logging in) is Hilton HHonors and Priorirty Club. No Starwood visible. (And that's the only link I knew to work for HHonors any more.)
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:23 am

Points posted today.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just tried this today....its still working....it says upto 5 business days for the transfer to go through but does it take that long????
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
AA Miles transfers to Hilton HHonors to end Aug 2011 - but exception exists

"We're sorry, this program is no longer available "

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What link are you talking about?

I just went to http://redeemaamiles.points.com and like always before (in the past half year, anyway), all I see (in the Award Options info before logging in, as well as after logging in) is Hilton HHonors and Priorirty Club. No Starwood visible. (And that's the only link I knew to work for HHonors any more.)
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:21 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for posting. This was nice while it lasted, and was the primary thing that we did with our AA miles. This is a pretty substantial loss to us. Now I'll have to figure out how the booking directly via AA works, although my reading suggests that it doesn't cover all hotels the way having the HH points did.

And I'm sure that writing them to try and get it back won't help....

Cheers.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those who don't know, while transferring AA miles to HH points seems to be all gone now, the ability to earn HH points quickly is not gone (for those in the US at least), because this card:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...nors-visa.html

is churnable as fast as the Citi AA credit cards were up until a few years ago.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:47 am

Question Hilton HHonors to AAdvantage Transfer--how long?

Hello Everyone!

Just wondering how long it actually takes to transfer HHonors points to your AAdvantage account.

Just did a transfer for 1,500 miles to top off my account and was wondering if it actually takes 30 days to transfer or if there's a way to speed up the process.

Thanks!

M.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SFnFlaGuy
Hello Everyone!

Just wondering how long it actually takes to transfer HHonors points to your AAdvantage account.

Just did a transfer for 1,500 miles to top off my account and was wondering if it actually takes 30 days to transfer or if there's a way to speed up the process.

Thanks!

M.

last time I did this in Dec, it took ~ 10-14 days
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:51 pm

Expect anywhere from 1-4 weeks. I have done transfers to/from Hilton a handful of times this year, and the timing has varied widely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.