Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:54 pm

Hrmmm...wonder if they'll prorate....lol

I'll be about 10k short on just everyday spending, didn't become a member until Oct :-/

--wes
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by wesmanz
Hrmmm...wonder if they'll prorate....lol

I'll be about 10k short on just everyday spending, didn't become a member until Oct :-/

--wes
I expect it will be unlikely they will prorate.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Maui Time
I expect it will be unlikely they will prorate.
yes, highly unlikely Wishful thinking....I've got about 3k needed to maintain Plat this year, so it's either make this additional spend or do a MR. I've got a decision to make pretty quickly :-/

--wes
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Anyone know when the 10k EQM bonus posts?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Artur
CSR told me in November that the 25000 bonus miles will count towards the MM, despite posting after 12/1. My cycle ended 12/6.

The miles did post on my AAdvantage account following:

Only the purchases made it to the MM count.
The $450 card fee and the 25000 bonus miles did not

As a consolation, however, my 25000 TATL bonus reward, posted before 12/1, even though I finished the trip on 12/4, did make it to the MM.

Please post if someone else has a different experience with a posting date after 12/1,
Arthur, I had the same experience - 25k bonus posted, but was not counted towards MM status. Bummed!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:38 pm

Planning to Cancel AA Citi Card

hello ,
I have the CITI AA Master card for almost 6 years, paying the annual fees. I am now finding that I dont use this card as much and not travelling via AA either to accumulate miles. So, I am thinking of Cancelling the card to avoid paying $85/per year. (Rep told me that I could not downgrade to a no fee card - as in Delta unfortunately)

Sharing this to see what you would think? Thanks
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
Anyone know when the 10k EQM bonus posts?
In a call to CS I was told they will post a couple of days after your cycle date ends in the month you pass the $40k spend.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by honr

Sharing this to see what you would think? Thanks
I think you should post your query in the right thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...all-cards.html
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
I've been monitoring this thread and I'm really wondering why people aren't mentioning the EMV Chip (or lack thereof). There was such fanfare back in JULY when it was announced, and others have "heard" it was happening in December. Well, it's December 15. Perhaps I'm the only one who cares about this??!!!???
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by gozetta
I've been monitoring this thread and I'm really wondering why people aren't mentioning the EMV Chip (or lack thereof). There was such fanfare back in JULY when it was announced, and others have "heard" it was happening in December. Well, it's December 15. Perhaps I'm the only one who cares about this??!!!???
I definitely care. It's nice to have no foreign transaction fees, but really annoying when some merchants can't take the card because of no EMV chip, this happened to me several times while in Malaysia last week.

--wes
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Originally Posted by wesmanz
I definitely care. It's nice to have no foreign transaction fees, but really annoying when some merchants can't take the card because of no EMV chip, this happened to me several times while in Malaysia last week.

--wes
Good news! I just spoke with the customer service (GREAT GROUP BTW every time I call), and you can now order the EMV chip cards. Shipped regular mail only 5 day wait. I should get mine next week. One thing to note, the EMV chip negates the ability to use the PayPass for some reason, even though the PayPass chip is separate from the card itself.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
One thing to note, the EMV chip negates the ability to use the PayPass for some reason, even though the PayPass chip is separate from the card itself.
And yet on over at US Bank they managed to figure out how to incorporate the mag-stripe, EMV chip, and the RFID contactless chip all into one card, so as pretty much other other financial institutions in many countries across the world.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EP; Formerly an Over-Entitled UA 1K MM until I wised-up and left UA for AA.
Good news! I just spoke with the customer service (GREAT GROUP BTW every time I call), and you can now order the EMV chip cards. Shipped regular mail only 5 day wait. I should get mine next week. One thing to note, the EMV chip negates the ability to use the PayPass for some reason, even though the PayPass chip is separate from the card itself.
just requested mine. they are amazingly helpful.
looks like it's chip and signature (not chip and pin).
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark
Am I the only one getting tired of the seemingly endless rudeness that permeates some of these threads?
I've thought about this myself and here's an opinion.

Unfortunately, the world is full of people that just don't "get" how to treat others with respect. Some of them might be rude...with others, it's probably just a style thing. Or, someone could just be having a bad day.

I would challenge you on this, though. You've heard these kind of comments over and over...shouldn't you be expecting them by now? Trust me on this...you'll be better off trying to change how you react to these comments than trying to change behavior of the questionable posters. Lower your expectations. It's an anonymous forum...which is a great chance for someone to get a bit nasty.

A good approach for me is just to laugh them off...and roll my eyes. There's too much good info here to let a few people spoil my experience.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 1 MM
Long time lurker, first time poster. I am 9k EQM short of ExPat (I should've done all my flying on AA...). I recently surpassed the $40k spending threshold to attain 10k EQM. My next billing cycle ends on 12/23. I realize the EQM won't touch my AA account until a a few weeks later. As a result, will the 10k EQM counted for 2011, or will it be counted 2012 when the EQMs are finally posted on AA? If it is the latter, can I still achieve another 10k EQM since I satisfied the $40k spending level in 2011? Many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.