Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STL Terminal Updates (post Apr 22, 2011 tornado)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by gemac
My understanding is that a substantial part of the delay relates to insurance company tardiness in cutting the check. In addition, many of the windows were custom work that had to be ordered and fit into somebody's production schedule. Even with all this, it is taking longer than it should.
It seems that at least the primary property carrier paid up within days. It was prob an easy choice knowing the loss would be more than the limit of their policy. Perhaps there were delays in the excess property carriers paying up, with them waiting to determine the extent of the damage? Nonetheless, the initial $10M should have gone a long way to getting things moving.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/m...a4bcf6878.html

Looking forward to seeing the renovated C Concourse...
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
We were last through there about 3 weeks ago. They had some of the custom-made glass on hand and were fitting it into openings, so things appear go be proceding. Hopefully, they get it done on schedule. They certainly haven't lost many days to weather so far.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:50 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Just came in and saw that c looks like it is ready to open. Tsa guy said skeptically that it is scheduled for April 2.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Priority Club PLT, Hertz Gold
The Post Dispatch reported in Wednesday, March 28 edition that C concourse would reopen April 2. The renovated Admirals Club will NOT open on April 2. I was in the "temporary" AC on Wednesday and asked if the reopening of C concourse would mean a move and the Angel said that it would be some time since the focus had been the concourse work. I think she also said that there was more damage to that part of the concourse.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by knirbed
The Post Dispatch reported in Wednesday, March 28 edition that C concourse would reopen April 2. The renovated Admirals Club will NOT open on April 2. I was in the "temporary" AC on Wednesday and asked if the reopening of C concourse would mean a move and the Angel said that it would be some time since the focus had been the concourse work. I think she also said that there was more damage to that part of the concourse.
The last I heard (and this was a couple of months ago) they were targeting "sometime in June" for the Admirals Club.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:28 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by abk
Just came in and saw that c looks like it is ready to open. Tsa guy said skeptically that it is scheduled for April 2.

It is very firmly scheduled for April 2nd. They've got it all over their facebook and twitter pages.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by knirbed
It will be so great to be back on "C". It will have the same look and feel I am told as the recently completed renovations on "A". "A" looks like a new terminal (other than the rusted jet ways) and I'm sure "C" will as well. The crowding around D2-D6 gate areas had really been my biggest issue with "D", and that will be relieved with the spaciousness of "C". I was told that the rebuilt AC does not have a firm date, but tentatively it will be the end of August. There must be something going on with construction on the AC though since for some time we have been able to use the lower level restrooms from the old AC, and the other day I was told that they were unavailable due to construction.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Has anyone made their way through the concourse? I've seen pics online and it looks pretty nice!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Here's a great tour of the updates:

http://countondowntown.com/2012/04/l...ncourse-opens/
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dartagnan

Looks great - wish STL was still a connecting option
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dartagnan

Thanks for the post, Dartagnan. Cant wait to check it out for myself and to see the new Admirals Club open soon.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Looks great - wish STL was still a connecting option
No kidding. If Lambert made these updates 10 years ago, the status of the airport might be different today.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JimboM1391
No kidding. If Lambert made these updates 10 years ago, the status of the airport might be different today.
Really? When AA decided they didn't need three midwestern hubs and downsized to two, they picked Lambert to de-hub because of the appearance of the airport? If Lambert had spruced up the concourse, which hub would AA have gotten rid of, DFW or ORD?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ssafro1
Thanks for the post, Dartagnan. Cant wait to check it out for myself and to see the new Admirals Club open soon.
As Ryan Bingham in the movie "Up in the Air" put it, Lambert is a classic. With the renovations it's back to being a first class facility even if the layout is dated. With the renovations on "A" completed earlier, the relative newness of the East terminal, the renovation of "C", and the current work in progress on ticketing the terminal will be in great shape. The excess capacity concourses "B" and "D" can be upgraded when and if Lambert attracts additional business. Work is in progress on the AC, but the last I heard was August for an opening.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by gemac
Really? When AA decided they didn't need three midwestern hubs and downsized to two, they picked Lambert to de-hub because of the appearance of the airport? If Lambert had spruced up the concourse, which hub would AA have gotten rid of, DFW or ORD?
We all know the appearance of the concourses is not the reason they dropped STL as a hub. I was just saying... Regardless, maybe people would have had a better appreciation for Lambert if it wasn't stuck in the 70s when it was one of the country's larger hubs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.