Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STL Terminal Updates (post Apr 22, 2011 tornado)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by JimboM1391
We all know the appearance of the concourses is not the reason they dropped STL as a hub. I was just saying... Regardless, maybe people would have had a better appreciation for Lambert if it wasn't stuck in the 70s when it was one of the country's larger hubs.
While I don't know the impact that the current upgrades would have had on number of flights and or carriers, I do believe that as business people from other cities get off the plane and see the new "C" concourse in front of them, the first impression of St. Louis as a business center will no longer be "what a dump!" The "C" concourse will be a little more vibrant and "A" less crowded when US moves from "A" to "C" (Unless of course DL grabs the US gates on "A")
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by ksweeney
While I don't know the impact that the current upgrades would have had on number of flights and or carriers, I do believe that as business people from other cities get off the plane and see the new "C" concourse in front of them, the first impression of St. Louis as a business center will no longer be "what a dump!" The "C" concourse will be a little more vibrant and "A" less crowded when US moves from "A" to "C" (Unless of course DL grabs the US gates on "A")
They really should move all operations to the C Concourse. It's big enough to handle all of it... Then they can bulldoze A, B and D and concentrate on long-term plans.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
They really should move all operations to the C Concourse. It's big enough to handle all of it... Then they can bulldoze A, B and D and concentrate on long-term plans.
That seems like a great idea. With US already moving to "C" soon, the only remaining gate usage on "A" will be 5 DL gates and 5 UA/CO gates. "B" and "D" are now empty. There are more than 10 gates on "C" to absorb DL and UA at this point.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
That seems like a great idea. With US already moving to "C" soon, the only remaining gate usage on "A" will be 5 DL gates and 5 UA/CO gates. "B" and "D" are now empty. There are more than 10 gates on "C" to absorb DL and UA at this point.
Should have thought about that prior to remodeling A, then. I think A will be there for the long haul. I'd be satisfied with a simple hallway connecting A & C, so I can use the much faster C checkpoints when flying UA/DL. (rarely, but sometimes)
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by dartagnan
Should have thought about that prior to remodeling A, then. I think A will be there for the long haul. I'd be satisfied with a simple hallway connecting A & C, so I can use the much faster C checkpoints when flying UA/DL. (rarely, but sometimes)
Plus the dining options in C are much better than A. A hallway would be great.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 4:10 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by dartagnan
I'd be satisfied with a simple hallway connecting A & C...
A hallway would be great.
How would it be routed? Where can it be built?

I don't think it's feasible.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884

Yeah, I don't think it would be financially feasible. I think it could technically be accomplished (I'm guessing) using the corridor inside of security from C to B could be extended on the outside of the building going past the old prior to 2001 Admiral's Club and spilling out into the inside of the A checkpoint. If it can be done, I suspect it would be very expensive - although DL is talking about a desire for a Sky Club in Lambert. The old Admirals club which is now airport offices could become a Sky Club accessible from A. That was always my primary beef with the old Admirals Club - that is was outside of security.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TWA884

Maybe instead of spending their limited budget on stupid artwork, plants, and rocking chairs they could install an airside corridor @:-)
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
My Mom raveled from the newly renovated concourse the other day on AA and said it wasn't nearly as roomy and spacious as it appeared in photos. Slight improvement but leaves a lot to be desired. But again, it's the city of St. Louis so it takes a natural disaster to get something like this done.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:47 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
My Mom raveled from the newly renovated concourse the other day on AA and said it wasn't nearly as roomy and spacious as it appeared in photos. Slight improvement but leaves a lot to be desired. But again, it's the city of St. Louis so it takes a natural disaster to get something like this done.
I landed there on Tuesday night and thought it was very well done. One must remember that they can only do so much within the existing structure and in this case it appears that they did it right.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by abk
I landed there on Tuesday night and thought it was very well done. One must remember that they can only do so much within the existing structure and in this case it appears that they did it right.
True, but the improvements are cosmetic at very best. I'll reserve judgement until I see first hand myself.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
True, but the improvements are cosmetic at very best. I'll reserve judgement until I see first hand myself.
The terminal looks great, but AA is down to 4 gates now (C6, C8, C10, C12). They are still going to rebuild the Admirals Club, but it doesn't feel good knowing that AA only has 4 gates - even DL has 6 gates on A. It sound like for 2012, the leading carrier in terms of boardings will remain WN, followed by DL, moving AA from 2nd to 3rd.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 5:02 pm

AA's been third for quite a while now.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 5:16 pm

AA's been third for quite a while now.
It's been close. I saw numbers the other day that had AA in a very slight lead over DL, but AA will be a solid third going forward. Starting in June there will be only one 757 flight per day - an MIA turn. Also DCA turns are now in CRJ-700s instead of MD-80s (DL also uses CRJ-700s on STL-DCA).

AA management claims that after emerging from bankruptcy they will grow the AA network by 20% - I hope STL becomes part of those plans.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:11 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
It's been close. I saw numbers the other day that had AA in a very slight lead over DL, but AA will be a solid third going forward. Starting in June there will be only one 757 flight per day - an MIA turn. Also DCA turns are now in CRJ-700s instead of MD-80s (DL also uses CRJ-700s on STL-DCA).

AA management claims that after emerging from bankruptcy they will grow the AA network by 20% - I hope STL becomes part of those plans.
I just checked two days in June and two days in July and there are still two daily 757s scheduled to MIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.