Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Earning AA miles / EQM on oneworld, partner & other airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This is an archived thread.

For the current thread, please refer to

Earning AA miles / EQM on oneworld, partner & other airlines (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Earning AA miles / EQM on oneworld, partner & other airlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Minimum Miles Guarantee

Originally Posted by AAbruflyer
Air Berlin looks a bit confusing me. Can't really find the fare buckets when making a reservation. They are having tomorrow a huge intra-europe sale which i will rack up some flights on.

Am I correct to assume that every segment will earn a minimum of 500EQM?
In the past when BA would earn only 25% of the miles on the deep discount fares, you would only receive 125 miles as the minimum on short flights in those fare buckets.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Sam The Man
In the past when BA would earn only 25% of the miles on the deep discount fares, you would only receive 125 miles as the minimum on short flights in those fare buckets.
I received 500 miles for a short hop booked in 25% bucket on Air Berlin recently.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:30 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Air Berlin looks a bit confusing me.
I've gone ahead and merged your question into the consolidated thread on this topic. Good luck with the fare sale.

~Moderator
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The trick is to watch what fare class your ticket books into.

Valid for flights on/after March 20, 2012

Code:
Class of Service	Purchased Fares Booked in:	Base Miles	Class of Service Bonus Miles	Elite Qualifying Points per Mile Earned
Business Class	        J, C, D, I	                100%	        25%	                        1.5
Full Fare Economy Class Y, B	                        100%	 	0%                              1.5
Discount Economy Class	H, K, M, L, V, S	        100%	 	0%                              1.0
Deep Discount Econ.     N, Q, O, G, P, E, W	         25%	 	0%                              0.5
(Flights operated by Niki are eligible for mileage accrual).

**Note - Travel ticketed as an AA marketed flight (booked as an AA flight number) and operated by airberlin will earn AAdvantage base miles and elite qualifying miles, points and segments according to the AA mileage accrual chart.

Air Berlin looks a bit confusing me. Can't really find the fare buckets when making a reservation. They are having tomorrow a huge intra-europe sale which i will rack up some flights on.

Am I correct to assume that every segment will earn a minimum of 500EQM?
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:56 pm

Imagine I am a deep discount bucket will I still get a minimum of 500 EQM per segment?
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:40 pm

Imagine I am a deep discount bucket will I still get a minimum of 500 EQM per segment?
I did on mine.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, IHG Diamond Elite, Marriot Gold, HHonors Gold
Only 25% of miles earned

In August I took a round trip from Zurich to Vienna with Airberlin/Niki. Although I had a reservation and boarding passes with a Y booking class I was only awarded 25% of miles. According to the AAdvantage website flights with a Y booking class shoulb eligible with 100% of miles.

AAdvantage records show only 94 miles:

08/11/12 NIKI 8499 Y ZRH VIE 94 0 94
08/13/12 NIKI 8150 Y VIE ZRH 94 0 94

Does anybody know why?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by crypticro
AAdvantage records show only 94 miles:

08/11/12 NIKI 8499 Y ZRH VIE 94 0 94
08/13/12 NIKI 8150 Y VIE ZRH 94 0 94

Does anybody know why?
Although you may have sat in Y and think you booking class was Y, your actual fare class was likely one of those discounted economy. For example, I had a flight in O on AB but booked as a AA codeshare, then connected to an O local flight (no AA codeshare). The first flight was 100% RDM/EQM, the second flight was 25% (similar to what you have).

The Y on the online statement is rarely useful.

Rasheed
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:30 pm

It looks to be 375 miles from VIE to ZRH, and 375 * 25% = 93.75, so that adds up.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, IHG Diamond Elite, Marriot Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rasheed
Although you may have sat in Y and think you booking class was Y, your actual fare class was likely one of those discounted economy. For example, I had a flight in O on AB but booked as a AA codeshare, then connected to an O local flight (no AA codeshare). The first flight was 100% RDM/EQM, the second flight was 25% (similar to what you have).

The Y on the online statement is rarely useful.

Rasheed
There was an Y on the boarding pass as well, not just the AAdvantage statement. All records I have indicate an Y.

@nall: I know I was awarded 25%. But in my opinion I should get 100% not just 25%.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 5:07 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
ETIHAD / EY flights not posting to my Aadvantage account

Flew Etihad J and F class back in August and after claiming the miles on the phone, through fax and website, having sent copies of ticket and BP to AA, the miles are still missing.

What is even more annoying is that the ticket was issued by AA

What else can I do?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by thierry
Flew Etihad J and F class back in August and after claiming the miles on the phone, through fax and website, having sent copies of ticket and BP to AA, the miles are still missing.

What else can I do?
Send AA a Tweet (AA is very good when it comes to responding to Tweets)?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite

What else can I do?
I flew EY exactly a month ago and the miles haven't been credited. That was EY flight# on an AA ticket. I was about to claim them through the website but the prospect doesn't look good .
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Did you perhaps fly Etihad on exempted routes?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:48 am

Etihad Airways operated and marketed flights between New York (JFK), Chicago (ORD) ,Washington Dulles (IAD),Toronto (YYZ) and Abu Dhabi are not eligible for mileage accrual
Did you fly one of these routes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.