Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Earning AA miles / EQM on oneworld, partner & other airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This is an archived thread.

For the current thread, please refer to

Earning AA miles / EQM on oneworld, partner & other airlines (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Earning AA miles / EQM on oneworld, partner & other airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Earning on Etihad flight on xx-airline configured aircraft

Hi all,

AUH-HKG recently switched from being Air Seychelles with Etihad codeshare to Etihad on an Air Seychelles aircraft. The booking line says:
"Airbus A330-200 8h 30m
Etihad ON Air Seychelles Configured Airc operates flight 833"

I've never come across this before so sorry if it's been answered (I couldn't find an exact search). It seems from an AAdvantage view this is marketed and operated by EY so will get miles.

Can anyone confirm?

Best,
Will
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by Winglets747
Hi all,

AUH-HKG recently switched from being Air Seychelles with Etihad codeshare to Etihad on an Air Seychelles aircraft. The booking line says:
"Airbus A330-200 8h 30m

I've never come across this before so sorry if it's been answered (I couldn't find an exact search). It seems from an AAdvantage view this is marketed and operated by EY so will get miles.

Can anyone confirm?

Best,
Will
Not quite sure I understand you... A 8.30 hr flight sector AUH-HKG is obviously nonstop. No stop in or flight near the Seychelles (it's actually not the route, far from it). So what does Air Seychelles have to do with it ? If you just mean that EY is renting their plane and that all other aspects are EY, The owner of the plane is irrelevant and miles should be attributed as per the AA/EY rules (which I do not know).

HOWEVER, even if AA miles can be obtained on EY when flying routes between the US and Abu Dhabi, I would really find it strange that miles should be granted between Abu Dhabi and Hong Kong, especially when both a competing Gulf Airline based very near, QR, AND Cathay Pacific are members of Oneworld and give miles to members of all OW FF programs. You can connect to QR in Doha or use CX's nonstop AUH-HKG (if there is one, I haven't looked).,
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Winglets747
Hi all,

"Airbus A330-200 8h 30m

Can anyone confirm?

Best,
Will
AFAIK, other than a number of Qantas codeshares operated by non-oneworld airlines, AAdvantage miles are not available on oneworld or partner codeshares operated by non-oneworld airlines.

And, the only Etihad operated flights that earn AA EQM are AA or AF codeshares; flying as an EY operated and marketed flight earns only RDM, redeemable miles.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...nes/etihad.jsp

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 31, 2015 at 11:07 am Reason: Bold
Old May 3, 2015, 7:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
NOTE: The language in the following text box has been dropped as of May 2015 and no longer seems to apply. Flights between the North America and AUH / Abu Dhabi now accrue redeemable (not Elite Qualifying) miles.

Etihad Airways operated and marketed flights between Chicago (ORD), Dallas/Ft Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK), San Francisco (SFO), Washington Dulles (IAD),Toronto (YYZ) and Abu Dhabi are not eligible for mileage accrual" (except as AA codeshares - AA codeshares earn full AEM, P and S).
Link to the current thread.

This obsolete thread has now been closed and archived.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.