Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Unacceptable - AA charges $150 to change last name on ticket after marriage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unacceptable - AA charges $150 to change last name on ticket after marriage

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Chickstein
I changed my name on July 8th. I called AA, they changed my name and the two tickets I had booked already. My name change was the result of a divorce and I was not sure what date the divorce would be final, and I had to book tickets. AA did not charge me and they were extremely nice about it. In fact, it was easier to chane my name at American than at Hertz or Hilton.
Which makes me wonder even more about the post that started all this.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2MM +, CO, US, UA,SPG, Hertz Presidents Club
I changed my name on July 8th. I called AA, they changed my name and the two tickets I had booked already. My name change was the result of a divorce and I was not sure what date the divorce would be final, and I had to book tickets. AA did not charge me and they were extremely nice about it. In fact, it was easier to chane my name at American than at Hertz or Hilton.
Sounds like OP got a bad agent. As the old rule goes... if at first you don't succeed, hang up and dial back.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:26 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
AA did not charge me and they were extremely nice about it. In fact, it was easier to chane my name at American than at Hertz or Hilton.
You're Executive Platinum. They should make goodwill exceptions in your case, and I'd expect that (I certainly do as an EXP). No, all passengers are not created equal when it comes to rule exceptions.

Cheers.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Lots of speculation, lots of help, and the speculation is bleeding into areas best not entered here. The OP has not returned to clarify and assist others in addressing the issue. Everything that can possibly be said and be constructive has been said and often it has been said more than once.

Fork deployed. Thanks for your participation, but this thread is done.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.