Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% to 35% Bonus miles on hotel point transfers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2010, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by randys1
I have called AA twice now about this, am I the only one calling them?

come on guys, we have to put pressure on them to do the right thing...
Do you really think that they are not going to post the miles? if not, then why waste time and effort hassling a customer services agent who won't actually be able to do anything to speed it up
Old Jul 4, 2010, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Do you really think that they are not going to post the miles? if not, then why waste time and effort hassling a customer services agent who won't actually be able to do anything to speed it up
Exactly. Some people doesn't seem to have better things to do with their time.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 1:37 pm

Yes, probably. The bonus is supposed to come 7 business days after your original miles post. If you had a Starwood transfer post last Sunday, then it hasn't even been 7 business days yet. Besides, compared to most promos this is a very short waiting period. Be patient.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 4:30 pm

ok, ok, i know when i am wrong, you are all right, i tend to be impatient

my wife gets on me all the time about it, i wont bother them anymore...i will say i am grateful and impressed that AA uses American employees for csrs, unlike united...who doesnt

Last edited by randys1; Jul 4, 2010 at 5:25 pm
Old Jul 4, 2010, 6:39 pm

<sigh>, here we go:

Originally Posted by Email I just sent to AAdvantage
I transferred 3 lots of 75,000 miles (total of 225,000 miles) from Sheraton to my AA account on 6/20, 6/21 & 6/22. There was supposed to be a 35% bonus (78,750 miles) applied to this, per your recent promotion.

I have still not received the bouns 35% miles (78,750 miles) in my account. Please ensure they are credited as soon as possible.

Thank you.

"Convert Your Hotel Points Into AAdvantageŽ miles
and Earn Up To 35% Bonus Miles Towards Your Next Trip
Now through June 30, 2010 you have a unique opportunity to convert your
hotel points into American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles and earn a bonus on
the amount of AAdvantage miles you receive from the conversion.

Earn a bonus of:
When you convert hotel points to:
25%
1,000 - 20,000 AAdvantage miles
35%
More than 20,000 AAdvantage miles

For example, convert your points into 20,000 AAdvantage miles and earn
5,000 bonus miles from American Airlines to have enough for a round-trip
flight award. Convert your points into 40,000 AAdvantage miles and you'll
earn 14,000 bonus miles from American Airlines."
Old Jul 4, 2010, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

my wife gets on me all the time about it, i wont bother them anymore...i will say i am grateful and impressed that AA uses American employees for csrs, unlike united...who doesnt
Surely it doesn't matter where the employees are as long as they have been trained to perform the work
Old Jul 4, 2010, 8:59 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by holtju2
They will post eventually so why worry?
I am not worried. The SPG transfers took my wife over 1 MM. The bonuses will take her just a bit closer to 2 MM.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:15 pm

Location: NC USA (AA 2 Million Miler, AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Surely it doesn't matter where the employees are as long as they have been trained to perform the work
Actually it does matter to many of us ...American company, hopefully maximizing use of American work force, try to get our economy growing again, etc... Also it does matter a lot in terms of communications with people for whom English is not their first language. Training for people outside the US working for a US company can be excellent, but it is quite frustrating to speak with people who have difficulty communicating despite their good training.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold

Just relax. They will post. They always do. It has nothing to do with them "doing the right thing."
Old Jul 5, 2010, 5:21 am

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Just relax. They will post. They always do. It has nothing to do with them "doing the right thing."
Well stated BB......i'm sure that all (including me) who are waiting for bonus miles to post will get our miles soon.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
My starwood points posted on 6/22/10. AA has not posted the bonus as of this morning, which is greater than 7 business days.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by holtju2
Exactly. Some people doesn't seem to have better things to do with their time.
Says the guy with over 7400 posts... lol.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:57 am

Mine was from 6/24. I really am hoping this will post soon since I really need to redeem the miles....

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
My SPG transfer was intitiated 6/20, the miles showed up on 6/27, today is 7/5 - no bonus. will give it a few more days.... no rush but want to make sure I get them. Glad to see I am not the only one who is not seeing the AA miles, thought it was an error on my part!
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by eagleswings
Mine was from 6/24. I really am hoping this will post soon since I really need to redeem the miles....
Certainly I can understand people being frustrated that their transfers from over a week ago haven't had the bonuses post yet...particularly if they need to use the miles. I have a couple that I'm waiting for (from as far back as 6/23) though fortunately I have a sufficient balance should I need to redeem in the meantime. But people don't need to start getting nervous wondering if AA is going to stiff us. It's just not going to happen. I've done these bonus miles transfers with several other carriers, and while there have been glitches on occasion, the miles always post in the end. Heck, Delta even honored a 150% bonus promotion that was on an unadvertised website. So while I can't explain why AA is experiencing this delay, I can say I know we will all ultimately get whatever bonus miles are owed to us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.