Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kiosk Check-In Problem with AAdvantage Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: AA: EXP SPG:PLT HH: Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
I'd suggest that all the folks having this problem write to AA. Sure seems to be a glitch that happened as a result of entering the new TSA-required information, but something that should be easy (one would think) to fix if enough people make them aware of it.

Cheers.
Done, we will see what response they come up with...
Old Oct 20, 2009, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by seadoes
Done, we will see what response they come up with...
I sent them a note too.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
^

I wonder if not there is a mismatch between the data encoded on the card vis a vis the data in the record now. I hope AA can fix this glitch, but it seems some here have bypassed it with use of a credit card, destination, etc. as reported above.

Given the notorious problems with AA programming of their legacy system, I do hope they fix this before issuance of new status cards. :crossed fingers:

Originally Posted by brp
I'd suggest that all the folks having this problem write to AA. Sure seems to be a glitch that happened as a result of entering the new TSA-required information, but something that should be easy (one would think) to fix if enough people make them aware of it.

Cheers.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
The response:

October 21, 2009

Dear Mr. Photodave:

Thank you for your email note to us regarding the difficulty in checking in at our Self Service Machines®. I am sorry to hear that you've been experiencing problems. I spoke with our staff in Airport Services (who oversee the Self Service Machines) and they believe that because your AAdvantage® profile was changed recently with the middle name that some of your reservations may not be matching the new profile. You may therefore want to have American Reservations look at your reservation records just to make sure that they match.
If you continue to experience problems after this is done, please advise us the PNR record locators and at what location the problem occurs and we can have Airport Services more thoroughly investigate this for you.
Again, I'm sorry to hear of the problems and hope that you find the information useful. We look forward to serving you soon.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX X. XXXXXX
Customer Relations
American Airlines

Not sure that this explanation is valid, since the reservations I've had issues with were made after the addition of my middle name.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:48 am

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Originally Posted by videomaker
You'd think the AAdvantage cards would have the FF number on the magnetic strip and be able to find an itinerary that way in the brilliantly-programmed kiosks. Maybe not.
They do (any el cheapo stripe reader can show you that). But it's been a while and I don't remember precisely what is on which card. I'll have to swipe both my cards next week and see what's on them.

Given the timing, my guess is that some of the "secure" flight upgrade has broken the links.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: AA, HH
[/QUOTE]Not sure that this explanation is valid, since the reservations I've had issues with were made after the addition of my middle name.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever received an explanation that was valid, the replies are always double talk and rarely address the problem directly.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
Bit off topic but I was wondering if I was able to use a BA Exec # at the kiosk? I'm not sure if I can do it but maybe somedody could help me out. I'd like to get credit for my BA account not my AA one if possible?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM
Early September I checked in at First Class desk for my early morning trans con. Upgrade had cleared 3 hours prior, boarding pass issued no problem.

In the meantime another pax on same flight with same last name and same first name initial as mine checked in using Kiosk. Kiosk gave him my boarding pass!! He went through security and no one noticed name on boarding pass and name on his ID was different!! Perhaps security was distracted since he is a professional athlete.

He made it to AC before me and either AAngel caught it or he had noticed and said something. We are both EXP but my upgrade cleared before his. Then I walked in AC to discover all this mess. Glad it was resolved in AC and not at gate or in plane. AAngel found him an F seat too at last minute it seems.

Those Kiosks need improvement!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.