seats on C class 762 JFK-LAX

Old Oct 21, 09, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH
seats on C class 762 JFK-LAX

Hi
I am flying F class from TLV to JFK with LY and then C class
to LAX with AA
I was wondering what is the best seat on the 767-200.
What kind of seats are there?
I took 7A for now.
I saw that there is also F section on the plain.
Who gets those seats?

Thanks
LiorM

( I was searching the AA forum but didn't find any thread about seating)
Old Oct 21, 09, 11:40 am

Programs: AA 1.3 MM/LT Gold
The AA Wiki is a good place to start. It describes the planes and seats in this section:
http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...Seats_%28AA%29

and, provides links to the threads the discuss the seats in more detail (opinions, reviews, etc.).
Old Oct 21, 09, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by LiorM View Post
Who gets those seats?
Those who pay for F seats get to sit in F, altough if you've purchased a J (business class) seat and have AA miles or a VIP (an AA upgrade instrument), you can upgrade from J to F.

If traveling alone, my preferred seat is a D or G seat (that is, an aisle seat in the center section). If you care about the food service, note that on JFK-LAX flights, food orders start from the rear of the J cabin, whereas on LAX-JFK flights, food orders start from the front, so seat yourself accordingly if you want to minimize the risk of not getting your first choice. If, like me, exiting the plane quickly upon landing is important, sit closer to the front of the cabin.
Old Oct 21, 09, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi
I am flying F class from TLV to JFK with LY and then C class
to LAX with AA
I was wondering what is the best seat on the 767-200.
What kind of seats are there?
I took 7A for now.
Who gets those seats?

Thanks
LiorM

( I was searching the AA forum but didn't find any thread about seating)
Stay out of the middle J seats, particularly on row 7. I was got stuck in 7G earlier this year and every pax flying in Y managed to bang me on or near my head with their (mostly oversized) luggage. I have not felt that abused since I lost a 7th grade volleyball game.
Old Oct 21, 09, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA PLT (MR Gld; Hertz PC), AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT GLD, GP Plt, Mets fan.
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge View Post
Stay out of the middle J seats, particularly on row 7. I was got stuck in 7G earlier this year and every pax flying in Y managed to bang me on or near my head with their (mostly oversized) luggage. I have not felt that abused since I lost a 7th grade volleyball game.
Row 7 has slightly limited legroom, and they do enforce the "no carryon during takeoff/landing" rule too.

I agree with the 2nd & 3rd posts: check the Wiki, see the links, consult SeatGuru, remember FEBO. My rule is, since there's no downside to them, I take the D/G seats whenever possible.
Old Oct 21, 09, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH
Thanks a lot to all of you

LiorM
Old Oct 21, 09, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA CK / LT PLT, Starwood GLD, Avis Pres Club, Hertz GLD
The J cabin is completely full 99.99% of the time, so don't count on having an empty seat next to you.

+1 for the D/G seats if you're alone.

If you can make it 5+ hours without getting up to use the restroom, then an A/J window would be acceptable. Avoid B/H at all costs unless you enjoy being climbed over by the person in the window seat.
Old Oct 21, 09, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA-2MM EXP
7 H&J have the worst legroom in the whole cabin (worse than 7 A&B, which is also limited).
Old Oct 21, 09, 4:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I agree -- Do avoid row 7, even the D/G row. As someone who prefers bulkheads on MD80s and 757s, legroom is almost as half as much in the 762s so I avoid it. Definitely go with the D/G's. I like having the window view, especially for a long flight, but I also like easy access to the aisle and no one climbing over me. The plane is really comfortable...if you can upgrade to F it's a huge difference! I wish I could fly F in the transcons all the time...lol
Old Oct 21, 09, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks a lot to all of you

LiorM
My preference is row 11 A or J.
Old Oct 21, 09, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA, US, SPG, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by demkr View Post
i wish i could fly f in the transcons all the time...lol
imho 772/763 j >>>>>>>>> 762 f

ymmv
Old Oct 21, 09, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demkr View Post
if you can upgrade to F it's a huge difference!
No, I think most people here think there is not a huge difference between 762 J and F, and certainly not enough of a difference to fork over the miles (+ copay if appropriate) to upgrade. There is a whole thread on this topic, relatively recent, and the viewpoint was rather consistent, IIRC.
Old Oct 22, 09, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP 14M, UA-1K, AS-MVP Gold, DL-PL, CO-PL, EK-Gold, BA-Gold, HH-D, SPG-PL
Smile

Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
No, I think most people here think there is not a huge difference between 762 J and F, and certainly not enough of a difference to fork over the miles (+ copay if appropriate) to upgrade. There is a whole thread on this topic, relatively recent, and the viewpoint was rather consistent, IIRC.
Huge differance is relative to his mind and flight experiences. It's a huge differance to me if I'm sitting next to an overweight EXP upgraded to J from a $99.00 fare, invading my assigned space and comfort zone, complaining about the meal, his first choice was no longer available, VS sitting in first class next to an "A" list movie star, Acadamy Award winner, who gave me tickets to his movie premire and after party, plus better personalized service from the FA's.
Old Oct 22, 09, 8:59 am

Programs: EXP
Originally Posted by TigerWould View Post
Huge differance is relative to his mind and flight experiences. It's a huge differance to me if I'm sitting next to an overweight EXP upgraded to J from a $99.00 fare, invading my assigned space and comfort zone, complaining about the meal, his first choice was no longer available, VS sitting in first class next to an "A" list movie star, Acadamy Award winner, who gave me tickets to his movie premire and after party, plus better personalized service from the FA's.

How about a slender EXP who paid $200 vs a pompous "A" list movie star who just got out of rehab and thinks they're God's gift to the world and you should feel honored to even breathe the same air? Would J then be preferable to F? Your comments are ignorant and I hope you were being sarcastic.
Old Oct 22, 09, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by TigerWould View Post
Originally Posted by metsfan1962 View Post
How about a slender EXP who paid $200 vs a pompous "A" list movie star who just got out of rehab and thinks they're God's gift to the world and you should feel honored to even breathe the same air? Would J then be preferable to F? Your comments are ignorant and I hope you were being sarcastic.
In general, I believe no distinction should be made between those who pay to sit in F or J and those who sit in F or J as a result of upgrading discounted fares, except I do think it's reasonable to require that all non-F- and non-J-paying passengers submit to a lineup so that F- and J-paying passengers can hand pick who sits next to them.

Search this Thread