Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cockpit Visits on ANA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2024, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I do miss the days where it was quite common to be able to visit the cockpit during the flight It could be very interesting. I understand the many reasons why this is in the past, but that does not make it less of a lost experience.
Same. My most treasured inflight memory is visiting the flight deck on a JAL transpacific 747 flight back in the 1990s. Was very quick but what a delightful visit.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 8:39 am

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
I did try to attempt ask for cockpit visit onboard jal and ana in 2019 as well post covid either by asking prior to arrival and willing to be the absolutely last pax to leave the airplane.

All my request was declined politely citing safety rules, in one of the flight I was told that the pilot was not allowed to leave the cockpit until the last pax have left the plane.

Not sure how true was this? Maybe there is some sort of regulation that prohibited such visits.

Unlike the cockpit crew of Malaysia Airlines (as well other Malaysian based airlines) casually invite me into the cockpit after all pax have left and I am the last pax onboard.

I guess chances of cockpit visit happening is dependent on each country civil aviation authority rules in which airline was from.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:16 am

Programs: JMB, AMC
I guess the next best option is the cockpit simulator at the Excel Tokyu Haneda.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:18 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by minizian
I did try to attempt ask for cockpit visit onboard jal and ana in 2019 as well post covid either by asking prior to arrival and willing to be the absolutely last pax to leave the airplane.

All my request was declined politely citing safety rules, in one of the flight I was told that the pilot was not allowed to leave the cockpit until the last pax have left the plane.

Not sure how true was this? Maybe there is some sort of regulation that prohibited such visits.

Unlike the cockpit crew of Malaysia Airlines (as well other Malaysian based airlines) casually invite me into the cockpit after all pax have left and I am the last pax onboard.

I guess chances of cockpit visit happening is dependent on each country civil aviation authority rules in which airline was from.
I have flown ANA internationally many times. Usually in First. I am often the first PAX to board.

Since 9/11 I have always seen the flight deck door locked the entire time that PAX are on board (except for crew lav breaks or transit to/from the crew rest area above row 1 on the 777-300.

Don't bother asking for permission.
minizian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.