Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Reversed Family Name and Given Name on ANA eTicket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2024, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Same as title. I booked two roundtrip tickets going back home next month on the ANA website.
Long story short, my passport and my brother's show Family-Middle-Given names (we're Asians) while the website showed text boxes in the Given-Middle-Family name format.
However, because they said I must match what was on my passport, I tried to be a smartass and put the names as exactly shown in our passport (which is in reverse to the website’s form with the family name in the given name's place and vice versa). This was also shown in the confirmation screen to be exactly as shown in our passports so I thought it should be okay.
But then the etickets show Family/MiddleGiven MR names (which in my case was actually Given/MiddleFamily MR since I input them that way). The eticket PDF download selection screen still shows MR GivenMiddle/Family names (but I input them the other way as I said which is exactly as written in the passports) so they still match our passports but I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not.
Is it gonna be a problem at check-in (asking for your experiences with flying and specifically with ANA) or am I going to have to cancel and forfeit like half of the ticket fare?
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
You need to get that fixed. I would call ANA and see if they can help you for a name change fee that is bound to be less than half the ticket cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.