Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Help me find an itinerary that has a high likelihood of being cancelled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

So here's my situation: I have 95,000 ANA miles set to expire July 2024. I want to extend the validity of these miles so they don't expire in July. Several years ago, I was able to extend their validity by booking an itinerary that was subsequently cancelled, causing my miles to be refunded with a fresh 3 year expiry. I'd like to do the same thing again, but to be frank, I'm not up to speed on how to find the itinerary that has the highest likelihood of being cancelled.

Do any of you have any ideas, tips, or suggestions for finding an itinerary that's likely to be cancelled? Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Bump :/
Old Jan 30, 2024, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
A United 737-9 trip? They are still conducting inspections, so the schedule is not back to normal....

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jan 31, 2024 at 12:47 am
Old Feb 20, 2024, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by hotpancakes
So here's my situation: I have 95,000 ANA miles set to expire July 2024. I want to extend the validity of these miles so they don't expire in July. Several years ago, I was able to extend their validity by booking an itinerary that was subsequently cancelled, causing my miles to be refunded with a fresh 3 year expiry. I'd like to do the same thing again, but to be frank, I'm not up to speed on how to find the itinerary that has the highest likelihood of being cancelled.

Do any of you have any ideas, tips, or suggestions for finding an itinerary that's likely to be cancelled? Thanks in advance!
Not sure if this is of any help but I just saw an ad for an extension campaign:

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/cpn/...-skycoin20-11/

Best of luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.