Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bid for upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
I am thinking to fly FCO-GRU PE and try to upgrade. Any idea how much the minimum would be and how busy is this route?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by ermis177
I am thinking to fly FCO-GRU PE and try to upgrade. Any idea how much the minimum would be and how busy is this route?
Hard to say (re minimum bid) but, generally speaking, EZE/GIG/GRU tend to get quite busy.

G
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
FCO-JFK next weekend - minimum offer for upgrade from classica plus to magnifica - 240€
JFK-FCO next weekend - minimum offer for upgrade from classica plus to magnifica - 240€
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
I have to say i am tempted to start flying with Alitalia. The bids from PE to C are so low. I fly with LH in PE some times but their bid system is non competitive at all. Last time, the minimum bid from PE to C ( FRA-EZE) was 450 euros....
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
FCO-JFK next weekend - minimum offer for upgrade from classica plus to magnifica - 240€
JFK-FCO next weekend - minimum offer for upgrade from classica plus to magnifica - 240€
240€ minimum bid upgrade already confirmed for the Friday flight.
The only annoying thing is that the booking class is changed to an award booking code (Z) where you need to claim your miles.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:33 am

My 260€ bid JFK-FCO could not be confirmed 24 hours prior to departure, upgrade bid went on standby. 8 hours prior to departure they wrote that they could not accept my offer.
Finally I received an opup. Can‘t be better than that
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:18 am

Finally I received an opup. Can‘t be better than that
Result indeed!

G
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Does Alitalia do upgrade offers at checkin?

I would really like to try what they have to offer on an upcoming flight, but I am not sure if it's worth trying to lowball the bid with the eventual chance to buy up on checkin, or just bid more and see what happens.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Does Alitalia do upgrade offers at checkin?

I would really like to try what they have to offer on an upcoming flight, but I am not sure if it's worth trying to lowball the bid with the eventual chance to buy up on checkin, or just bid more and see what happens.
Attempting to get an upgrade via the relevant tool (Bid for Upgrade) would by far give you the best chances (also considering some of the reports on this very thread), however Alitalia does offer the opportunity to request an upgrade at check-in —

https://www.alitalia.com/en_gb/fly-a...d-flights.html

G
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:33 pm

JFK-FCO yesterday, bid 250 euros (10 or 20 above min), was notified 4 days in advance that my bid accepted.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by veryexcite
JFK-FCO yesterday, bid 250 euros (10 or 20 above min), was notified 4 days in advance that my bid accepted.
eco to pemium eco or premium eco to business or eco to business?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: QF gold, AF/KL platinum, exMA gold :( exSK gold
BUD-FCO flight on Tuesday 45 EUR, bid on Thursday evening, approved on Saturday early morning.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:25 am

Hello, i'm usually on the BA forum but i'm flying LIN-LCY on Alitalia on Friday 27th. Minimum bid is EUR105, which for a 1 1/2 hour flight in an E90 seems pretty excessive. Do these thresholds ever change? e.g. if i look again tonight or tomorrow is there any chance it will be lower?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Dev1980
Do these thresholds ever change? e.g. if i look again tonight or tomorrow is there any chance it will be lower?
Not I'm afraid and I do agree, the price seems a bit excessive indeed mostly given that you would normally come across a lower minimum offer on the FCO services (from/to LHR).

G
Old May 7, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: DL Plat
This is interesting and not a program I had heard of before.

We are traveling next weekend JFK>FCO>PMO followed by CTA>FCO>JFK the follow week. When I go to the site provided above it does not let me enter my reservation information - only that this program is available at Check-In:

https://www.alitalia.com/en_gb/fly-a...d-flights.html

Also - the posted above mentions "bidding" - Is the only option option the price provided by Alitalia or do they actually allow passengers to "bid".

We booked our ticket through DL and I am SkyTeam Elite but I do not believe Alitalia provides any complementary upgrades to PE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.