Wiki Posts
Search

Bid for upgrade

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 8:24 pm

€355 accepted for JFK-FCO this week. Two tickets
Old May 3, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
The best thing about the upgrade for me from London Heathrow to Rome on Sunday was the use of the Etihad first and business class lounge at terminal four. Frankly the service, and food aboard the flight from London to Rome was awful. Sloppy ravioli which tasted like it had been reheated about three times, with the wilted green leaf salad and a chocolate mousse which had clearly seen better days. God knows who would pay for this crap at full fare prices. Thank God I had had an à la cart meal which was excellent in the EY lounge!
Old May 3, 2017, 9:53 am

Husband and I just bid from economy to premium for 175 a ticket, BOS-FCO. Pretty happy considering we paid 475 for the entire roundtrip.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:10 pm

Was this in Euros or USD ?
And was the amount you mentioned per person?
Thx !
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA silver
Successfully upgraded PE to J, YYZ to FCO, for Euros 230 (1 pax). Accepted about 8 hours before departure. The better half bid 350 on the same route a week later and it wasn't accepted.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:50 am

FCO - ORD 165 euros from Premium eco to Business accepted. It was the lowest offer and I did not have much hope, but

never really flew business in my life
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Rahim Mazlum
FCO - ORD 165 euros from Premium eco to Business accepted. It was the lowest offer and I did not have much hope, but

never really flew business in my life
Welcome to FlyerTalk and thanks for sharing this, Rahim. Alitalia has a great business class product on its A330 and B777 fleet so you'll definitely enjoy the experience.

G
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Welcome to FlyerTalk and thanks for sharing this, Rahim. Alitalia has a great business class product on its A330 and B777 fleet so you'll definitely enjoy the experience.

G
Thank you G for the welcome!

Well what can I say, for 165 euros it was well worth it I think. I got briefly into Casa Alitalia lounge in FCO, took a shower, and a delicious cappuccino, and then headed for the flight. I did not hide my excitement to the flight attendants.

I was SO glad I did the upgrade because my pre assigned seat in PE was 8L, which has the divide wall in front, and indeed as I feared and read on Seatguru, it was not good for my height. You would not be able to strech your legs.

At the end of the flight I asked the flight attendants if I can take two coffee spoons with me and they gladly said yes. Then one came after me and told me "Two coffee spoons is not enough. Here is a complete coffee cup set".

A delightful experience.

Having said that for my return flight JFK - FCO I have cancelled my bid of 245 euros and will stay in PE in a good seat, also because on my long layover in FCO I will have access to the lounge as the following leg is in J.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On behalf of my brother-in-law, I bid EUR250 for FCO-JFK, from PE. The minimum bid was EUR240 and the cabin appeared half empty, so we think the minimum might have been accepted but figured another EUR10 was a good insurance policy against a bunch of other people bidding EUR240 or 245.

Offer was accepted, and BIL (a *very* infrequent flyer) apparently had quite an enjoyable flight (as opposed to JFK-FCO in PE where he complained about not being able to recline much).
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:43 pm

I used the bid for upgrade process recently and had some experiences not previously described. I had three legs JFK-FCO connecting to FCO-JTR and separately FCO-JFK.

JFK-FCO - minimum bid EUR 400, I bid EUR 410 each for two tickets. At roughly 24 hours out I received an e-mail that the upgrade was on "standby" and would hear again at 8 hours out. The e-mail also offered to allow me to cancel the bid. At about 10 hours out I got an e-mail declining the offer.

FCO-JTR minimum was EUR 50 EUR, I bid EUR 60 each for two tickets and this was accepted. On this plane, the business section could be moved forward and back and only two rows were designated business. The business section was really economy with the middle seat blocked off. We did, however, get a private restroom and a full meal, unlike economy on the same flight. We also got priority security and lounge access at JTR.

We did not bid on FCO-JFK.

A few other interesting notes:

The boarding passes for JFK-FCO, despite not being upgraded on that leg, indicated "Sky Priority" and allowed us to use the priority security lines at JFK and to board in the first group. I was told that these would not get us access to the lounge at JFK.

The boarding passes for FCO-JFK did not indicate Sky Priority but did allow us to board in Zone 1, despite never bidding on this leg.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:19 am

135 euros for PE accepted MXP-JFK on Oct 14. I believe 125 euros was the minimum bid. Had a great experience in PE. ObieGrad's experience of being put on standby happened to me, except I did get accepted in the end.

Last edited by BeyEsq; Oct 16, 2017 at 8:24 am
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
EZE-FCO on Nov 15 from Y to PE. Minimum bid was 150 EUR and I offered 160. Much to my surprise, offer was accepted today, i.e. three days before departure. It's going to be my first time on AZ Premium Economy.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Minimum bid for FCO-ICN and ICN-FCO from Premium Economy to Business Class is 175€. Business Class is wide open.
I'd guess that in their current state they would accept any bid if there is availability
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by ObieGrad
JFK-FCO - minimum bid EUR 400, I bid EUR 410 each for two tickets. At roughly 24 hours out I received an e-mail that the upgrade was on "standby" and would hear again at 8 hours out. The e-mail also offered to allow me to cancel the bid. At about 10 hours out I got an e-mail declining the offer.
Also JFK-FCO last month, and I bid EUR 475- same results as you. Standby and then declined. I think I was close to the maximum bid allowed, too, but I didn't check to see how far the 'dial' would go.

Keith
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
Minimum bid for FCO-ICN and ICN-FCO from Premium Economy to Business Class is 175€. Business Class is wide open.
I'd guess that in their current state they would accept any bid if there is availability
FCO-ICN upgrade was on standby and finally declined. Most probably because business class was fully booked already. C0 for more than 10 days.
ICN-FCO upgrade was granted (180€) four days prior to departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.