Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
Here a summary of the different AZ longhaul aircraft configurations. Have a look to post #1 of this thread with lots of additional information about!

A330-200 AZ Magnifica 2014

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................17 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................219 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DIP (Named: Gian Lorenzo Bernini) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-DIR (Named: ...) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-EJG (Named: Raffaello Sanzio)
.............................EI-EJH (Named: Sandro Botticelli)
.............................EI-EJI (Named: Canaletto)
.............................EI-EJJ (Named: Michelangelo Merisi Da Caravaggio)
.............................EI-EJK (Named: Giotto)
.............................EI-EJL (Named: Piero Della Francesca)
.............................EI-EJM (Named: Giovanni Battista Tiepolo)
.............................EI-EJN (Named: Il Tintoretto)
.............................EI-EJO (Named: Tiziano)
.............................EI-EJP (Named: Michelangelo Buonarroti)

A330-200 ex EY Magnifica

These two (?) operating as AZ with AZ livery and all but owned by Etihad. No Premium Economy. New magnifica as on the 2014 A332, with 1-2-1 in J. This two aircrafts were flying mostly the flights from/to AUH.

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
.............................240 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................n/a

Registration / Aircrafts:....I-EJGA (Named: Artemisia Gentileschi) Track this aircraft
.............................I-EJGB (Named: Francesco Borromini) Track this aircraft

A330-200 ex Air One *OLD Recliners*

The two old "Air One"-style A330's were reconfigured with the new lieflat Business Class.

B777-200 AZ Magnifica

All 772 are outfitted with the new lieflat seats and Classica Plus.

Configuration:................30 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................24 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................239 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DBK (Named: Raffaello Sanzio) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................EI-DBL (Named: Sestriere)
.............................EI-DBM (Named: Argentario)
.............................EI-DDH (Named: Tropea) old cabin configuration/30MAR16
.............................EI-ISA (Named: Taormina)
.............................EI-ISB (Named: Porto Rotondo)
.............................EI-ISD (Named: Cortina d'Ampezzo)
.............................EI-ISE (Named: Portofino / Pier Paolo Racchetti)
.............................EI-ISO (Named: Positano) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................I-DISU (Named: Madonna Di Campiglio)
Print Wikipost

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta, HH Diamond, Marriott, AA Gold
JFK - FCO - JFK in Magnifica

I recently flew from New York to Rome and back. JFK to FCO was on a 777 and the return was on the A330. While the seats are the same, the 330 definitely felt more crowded to me. Seat 1A on the 777 is a window but on the 330 1C is an aisle. I'm sure there is a reason why but it adds confusion when picking a seat. All and all a nice ride. I found the seat / bed to be very comfortable. The honeymoon seats are really close and I would not recommend them unless you really want to be close to the person next to you.
Old May 22, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Thanks for the informative post, bungler! I was very confused when I could not see 6A for my upcoming flight

looks like the 'official' AZ seatmap you pointed to has been update to reflect only the March 2014 config - 5 rows of J

Sad times... I guess it also explains the lack of I and low J availability :/
Old May 25, 2014, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Yes they've been very fast, it seems most of the A330's are already reconfigured.

I'll update the first post as soon as I get time.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Updated first post.

If anyone can give us updated advice/testimonials on A330 seating that would be great.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
I'm flying from JFK -> MXP on Oct 5, and confused because the plane's seat selection (A330) on Priceline doesn't match any of the layouts found online (including Alitalia's own site).

On this particular plane/flight (AZ 605), row 39 is the last row available for seat selection and the middle row slims down from 4 to 3 (D,E,G) of which I've selected G.... I'm really just aiming for the chance that I can get two of the under-chair storage compartments (eg. especially if no one sits in the middle seat). Does anyone have any experience with this row?

Last edited by SoroSuub1; Jun 10, 2014 at 12:07 am
Old Jun 11, 2014, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SoroSuub1
I'm flying from JFK -> MXP on Oct 5, and confused because the plane's seat selection (A330) on Priceline doesn't match any of the layouts found online (including Alitalia's own site).

On this particular plane/flight (AZ 605), row 39 is the last row available for seat selection and the middle row slims down from 4 to 3 (D,E,G) of which I've selected G.... I'm really just aiming for the chance that I can get two of the under-chair storage compartments (eg. especially if no one sits in the middle seat). Does anyone have any experience with this row?
Indeed that doesn't seem to correspond to any of the A330 layouts. Are you it's not actually a B777? In that case 39 would be the last 3-4-3 row and behind that ought to be 3-3-3 until row 44. The seat map does suggest that the middle seats (D-E-G-H) up to row 40 have a good amount of legroom, so they're probably a good choice.

Hopefully someone with recent direct experience can give you further advice.^
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bungler
Indeed that doesn't seem to correspond to any of the A330 layouts. Are you it's not actually a B777? In that case 39 would be the last 3-4-3 row and behind that ought to be 3-3-3 until row 44. The seat map does suggest that the middle seats (D-E-G-H) up to row 40 have a good amount of legroom, so they're probably a good choice.

Hopefully someone with recent direct experience can give you further advice.^
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's an A330, see image: http://snag.gy/oi8BJ.jpg

Seat selection on Priceline no longer works for some reason.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:40 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Sam_AE
I was a bit concerned about what to expect on my J class AZ flight from Toronto to Rome on April 12. Overall, it was a good experience. They definitely need to upgrade the amenities on these older planes (they hand out portable screens in J Class - thankfully my ipad was fully loaded up already).
Just flew on these planes between FCO-YYZ, and I can tell you the hard product is just horrible, on both in and outbound, the seats were half broken and the controls were half working. The planes were also dirty including the toilets (which in my opinion rather disgusting (seems to have unremovable residuals in the toilet bowls).
Those portable tv's provided are terrible, the screen are maybe best 6" and worst are those headphones handed out, half of them are useless = broken. I gave up in the end and just used my own headphones.
Service onboard (as expected) was medicore, with most of the crew having total no intrest to work onboard. Again, (not being sexist), looks like the male crew are much more better compared to their female colleagues. The only female crew that showed some interest in her work was the purser on my inbound flight.
Service wise, no idea how can an airline use plastic cups in Business class to serve drinks outside of meal times? And what was clearly an issue was the hot/cold towels, on the occasions I received them, they were either dripping wet or half dry.
Only saviour is the good food and selection of drinks.
In future I will certainly check which aircraft as I can live with surly FA's and usage of plastic cups, but when the hard product sucks with it, this crosses the limit.

Cheers!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Just flew FCO-BOS in the new seats aboard a A330.

First, the hard product... seats were horrible in terms of design. The seats that directly are on the aisle have no shell to protect one's feet and they are constantly being hit by passing FAs or carts! Same story with the outside arm rest. The hinge for the tray takes a good three inches of your knee space.

As for the "inner seats", virtually no space to get in or out of them!

Soft product... not a huge culture of service among the cabin staff. Lots of time behind drawn curtains in the galleys. A long time for the initial presentation of a hot towel, no bottled water waiting at the seats when boarding, use of plastic cups, difficult to get a mixed drink. Meal service was attentive and the food was good.

Anyway, as one who is used to DL and the criticism which it receives, I would prefer the seats in a 767-300, 767-400 or a DL A330 any day over these new AZ A330 Magnifica seats.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:47 pm

Does anyone know what power ports exist on Alitalia's 777. Flying in y+ or Classica Plus and wondered if there was a 110v outlet for a laptop. Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Anyway, as one who is used to DL and the criticism which it receives, I would prefer the seats in a 767-300, 767-400 or a DL A330 any day over these new AZ A330 Magnifica seats.
De gustibus... but quite honestly, I find those seats constrained and horrible, while the Magnifica seats are just nice.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:58 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
I just posted two trip reports with AZ Magnifica flights.

I have yet to figure out how to link directly to a post, but for anyone interested, you can look here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...magnifica.html
and scroll directly to post 3 for the AZ flight, and here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...e-america.html
and look at posts 1 and 15 for the AZ flights.

Enjoy!
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Are these good seat choices? Or better options available?

All these are for a couple flying
  • 772 in Y+: 14K/L (everything available EXCEPT 14A/B)
  • A332 (3-class) in Y: 15A/C (12, 14, and 29 are completely taken)
  • A320 (first row of Y is 8): 25D/F (rows 9 and 24 were completely taken; should I have been charged for 25D?)
  • A320 (first row of Y is 10): 16A/C (11 and 12 completely taken)

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, PC Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by bungler
Yes they've been very fast, it seems most of the A330's are already reconfigured.

I'll update the first post as soon as I get time.
Appears I'm on a 332 config from FCO-ORD next May. Any idea what the odds are of this being refurbed or an equipment swap happening to get the 1-2-1 product?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by joshwex90
All these are for a couple flying
  • 772 in Y+: 14K/L (everything available EXCEPT 14A/B)
  • A332 (3-class) in Y: 15A/C (12, 14, and 29 are completely taken)
  • A320 (first row of Y is 8): 25D/F (rows 9 and 24 were completely taken; should I have been charged for 25D?)
  • A320 (first row of Y is 10): 16A/C (11 and 12 completely taken)

Thanks!
Bump

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.