Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
Here a summary of the different AZ longhaul aircraft configurations. Have a look to post #1 of this thread with lots of additional information about!

A330-200 AZ Magnifica 2014

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................17 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................219 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DIP (Named: Gian Lorenzo Bernini) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-DIR (Named: ...) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-EJG (Named: Raffaello Sanzio)
.............................EI-EJH (Named: Sandro Botticelli)
.............................EI-EJI (Named: Canaletto)
.............................EI-EJJ (Named: Michelangelo Merisi Da Caravaggio)
.............................EI-EJK (Named: Giotto)
.............................EI-EJL (Named: Piero Della Francesca)
.............................EI-EJM (Named: Giovanni Battista Tiepolo)
.............................EI-EJN (Named: Il Tintoretto)
.............................EI-EJO (Named: Tiziano)
.............................EI-EJP (Named: Michelangelo Buonarroti)

A330-200 ex EY Magnifica

These two (?) operating as AZ with AZ livery and all but owned by Etihad. No Premium Economy. New magnifica as on the 2014 A332, with 1-2-1 in J. This two aircrafts were flying mostly the flights from/to AUH.

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
.............................240 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................n/a

Registration / Aircrafts:....I-EJGA (Named: Artemisia Gentileschi) Track this aircraft
.............................I-EJGB (Named: Francesco Borromini) Track this aircraft

A330-200 ex Air One *OLD Recliners*

The two old "Air One"-style A330's were reconfigured with the new lieflat Business Class.

B777-200 AZ Magnifica

All 772 are outfitted with the new lieflat seats and Classica Plus.

Configuration:................30 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................24 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................239 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DBK (Named: Raffaello Sanzio) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................EI-DBL (Named: Sestriere)
.............................EI-DBM (Named: Argentario)
.............................EI-DDH (Named: Tropea) old cabin configuration/30MAR16
.............................EI-ISA (Named: Taormina)
.............................EI-ISB (Named: Porto Rotondo)
.............................EI-ISD (Named: Cortina d'Ampezzo)
.............................EI-ISE (Named: Portofino / Pier Paolo Racchetti)
.............................EI-ISO (Named: Positano) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................I-DISU (Named: Madonna Di Campiglio)
Print Wikipost

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2013, 9:48 am
Original Poster

20L in particular should be excellent. Let us know, though, how the IFE is organised, due to the wide space before the seat in front.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Seatguru don't have the updated information regarding Alitalia 772.

18L was a good choice as a free bulkhead seat with enough legroom. This row isn't an emergency row...
20K,20L are normal seats, maybe a bit more legroom as usual, but nothing about the missing row...
Old Apr 15, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by bungler
20L in particular should be excellent. Let us know, though, how the IFE is organised, due to the wide space before the seat in front.
18K,18L,20J IFE was openable from (in) the seat.
20K,20L IFE was on the back of 18... seat.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I'm looking at JFK-FCO in J. Is there much difference between the A330 and the 772? The a330 time is more convenient. I read here that one person preferred A330, another said 772 was more spacious.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Well, the 777 cabin is more spacious, given that the same configuration as in the 330 is used in a wider cabin. However, the 330 is obviously also fine. The IFE is, I believe, identical in either case (in J). And in all other respects, the configurations should be equal.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 5:32 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by bungler
The IFE is, I believe, identical in either case (in J). And in all other respects, the configurations should be equal.
Contents and hardware of the IFE are the same, the software of the 330 is way better. But it's really just a detail.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 6:18 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
Originally Posted by beachfan
I'm looking at JFK-FCO in J. Is there much difference between the A330 and the 772? The a330 time is more convenient. I read here that one person preferred A330, another said 772 was more spacious.
I may be wrong, but the Alitalia website mentions that the colored / mood lighting only exists in the new 330s?

Not a big difference, just thought I'd mention... it adds up to the experience.

EDIT: Actually, I came back from JFK with the 777 and I confirm there was no colored lighting.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: AZ MilleMiglia, AF/KLM Flying Blue, A3 Miles & Bonus
I can confirm the old A330 is still operating on FCO - YYZ. The new A330s are long overdue!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Seat 1A on 777?

We've had a challenge assigning biz seats on an upcoming LAX-FCO flight. Big problem because apparently my wife's name is too long for the Alitalia system.

Delta issued my ticket and worked with Alitalia to get seats and finally came back with 1A and the 2 adjacent middle "honeymoon" seats.

Is 1A too close to the restroom or confining in any way? I know row 3 is preferred but should we make the effort to change from 1A or is it fine for a long flight?

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
We've had a challenge assigning biz seats on an upcoming LAX-FCO flight. Big problem because apparently my wife's name is too long for the Alitalia system.

Delta issued my ticket and worked with Alitalia to get seats and finally came back with 1A and the 2 adjacent middle "honeymoon" seats.

Is 1A too close to the restroom or confining in any way? I know row 3 is preferred but should we make the effort to change from 1A or is it fine for a long flight?

Thanks!
No big difference.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Am I on the 332?

Flying AZ629 from ORD to FCO next summer. Trying to determine if I'm on the dreaded 332.

I'm in Y, so I know it won't make too much difference, but still thought I'd check it out. How do I find out if I'm on the 330 or the 332?

Delta says that there is no personal IFE, but does say that there is Economy Comfort seating available for the flight.

It's the 8:40pm out of ORD next July 4. Taking wife and parents.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by bentrmpt
Flying AZ629 from ORD to FCO next summer. Trying to determine if I'm on the dreaded 332.

I'm in Y, so I know it won't make too much difference, but still thought I'd check it out. How do I find out if I'm on the 330 or the 332?

Delta says that there is no personal IFE, but does say that there is Economy Comfort seating available for the flight.

It's the 8:40pm out of ORD next July 4. Taking wife and parents.
Start a dummy booking on alitalia.com and see if they offer premium economy on your flight.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
Honeymoon seating

Hi, me and my wife are booked on upcoming FCO-JFK on 772.

Alitalia call centre booked us with an honeymoon couple seat, 2C-2D

Now, after looking seatguru and seatmap seat on alitalia.com I have discovered that we have a corridor in the middle!

should we look instead for a row 1-3-5 E&G instead ?? We have requested to be in the centre with honeymoon seat configuration.

Please advice I think this is not the first time this confusion is created and too bad alitalia sales agents doesn't have the possibility to advice... :-(
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
Originally Posted by lacoca
Hi, me and my wife are booked on upcoming FCO-JFK on 772.

Alitalia call centre booked us with an honeymoon couple seat, 2C-2D
On the 772 you should look for seats E,G or as a last resort D,H.

E,G have the seats attached and the tray on the sides, while D,H have the seats on the side and the tray in the middle. You can still see and talk to the partner anyway, but keeping her hand proves more difficult.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
thanks i grabbed already a E&G seating!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.