Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
Here a summary of the different AZ longhaul aircraft configurations. Have a look to post #1 of this thread with lots of additional information about!

A330-200 AZ Magnifica 2014

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................17 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................219 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DIP (Named: Gian Lorenzo Bernini) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-DIR (Named: ...) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-EJG (Named: Raffaello Sanzio)
.............................EI-EJH (Named: Sandro Botticelli)
.............................EI-EJI (Named: Canaletto)
.............................EI-EJJ (Named: Michelangelo Merisi Da Caravaggio)
.............................EI-EJK (Named: Giotto)
.............................EI-EJL (Named: Piero Della Francesca)
.............................EI-EJM (Named: Giovanni Battista Tiepolo)
.............................EI-EJN (Named: Il Tintoretto)
.............................EI-EJO (Named: Tiziano)
.............................EI-EJP (Named: Michelangelo Buonarroti)

A330-200 ex EY Magnifica

These two (?) operating as AZ with AZ livery and all but owned by Etihad. No Premium Economy. New magnifica as on the 2014 A332, with 1-2-1 in J. This two aircrafts were flying mostly the flights from/to AUH.

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
.............................240 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................n/a

Registration / Aircrafts:....I-EJGA (Named: Artemisia Gentileschi) Track this aircraft
.............................I-EJGB (Named: Francesco Borromini) Track this aircraft

A330-200 ex Air One *OLD Recliners*

The two old "Air One"-style A330's were reconfigured with the new lieflat Business Class.

B777-200 AZ Magnifica

All 772 are outfitted with the new lieflat seats and Classica Plus.

Configuration:................30 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................24 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................239 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DBK (Named: Raffaello Sanzio) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................EI-DBL (Named: Sestriere)
.............................EI-DBM (Named: Argentario)
.............................EI-DDH (Named: Tropea) old cabin configuration/30MAR16
.............................EI-ISA (Named: Taormina)
.............................EI-ISB (Named: Porto Rotondo)
.............................EI-ISD (Named: Cortina d'Ampezzo)
.............................EI-ISE (Named: Portofino / Pier Paolo Racchetti)
.............................EI-ISO (Named: Positano) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................I-DISU (Named: Madonna Di Campiglio)
Print Wikipost

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by msauter
Appears I'm on a 332 config from FCO-ORD next May. Any idea what the odds are of this being refurbed or an equipment swap happening to get the 1-2-1 product?
There are odds of both, but no ways of telling now
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Does anyone know if there's a seat 15C on the 772?

I have now confirmed that we are flying a 772, and our seats are 15A/C. I only see a 15B, not C, according to the seatmap and SeatGuru.

When I called and asked about moving to 14A/B, I was told I can't since that's Y+, and my ticket is for Y. (Makes sense as that leg, we bought Y.) But how can it be that we are in 15A/C then? Will we be in for a nice surprise on board in Y+ in the end, in 15A/B, or a rude awakening when we don't have seats near each other?

I tried changing our seats online, but I couldn't. Tried asking the agent but she said Y is completely full.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:21 am
Original Poster

That is pretty strange... Sometimes with these things there's not really any way of telling what will happen until you get to online check-in

At that point you should be able to see a reliable seat map with your seats marked.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bungler
That is pretty strange... Sometimes with these things there's not really any way of telling what will happen until you get to online check-in

At that point you should be able to see a reliable seat map with your seats marked.
You think we'll be stuck not near each other or decent chance it can sort itself out (somehow)?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Hopefully there shouldn't be any problem. If there's someone in between you you can ask them to move from B to C, and if your seats are lost you can find another pair of seats together elsewhere in the aircraft (at check-in).
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bungler
Hopefully there shouldn't be any problem. If there's someone in between you you can ask them to move from B to C, and if your seats are lost you can find another pair of seats together elsewhere in the aircraft (at check-in).
Hopefully. I'm most nervous about 2 middle seats.

I tried to be vigilant, but usually, I've had warnings about aircraft changes, and/or lost seats or even gotten new, random seat assignments. Never had a plane change that keeps my original (and non-existent) seats!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:24 pm

772 configuration & seats & windows

hello there.
first flight on a alitalia 777 flight. destination NRT from FCO and back.
had a great difficulty with the online seat selection. got some strange web turbulance while trying to alocate seats. finaly i saw that the flight system gave me a 22L seat. can i trust the system?

how comfortable is the new 3-4-3 configuration? heard that front Y section is normaly better than the rear one.

sos... which seats are windowless... which rows have no window even they are located by the window???

thank u all.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
B777-200 lax-fco-bcn

I'm flying Alitalia business class this May & have never flown this airline before; this is probably first of many questions:

My connecting flight is on Delta, OAK-LAX & both Delta & Alitalia said I can check-in at OAK & get both my Alitalia boarding passes (really?) & have bags checked thru to BCN: is all/part of this info accurate?

I recall reading 2013 trip report that said pax was unable to get Alitalia boarding passes at Delta/SFO & had to get them at Alitalia LAX (& a painful process it was too!) Could OAK check-in actually be easier than SFO Or is it that info given was in error?

Thank you.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by travelsavant
I'm flying Alitalia business class this May & have never flown this airline before; this is probably first of many questions:

My connecting flight is on Delta, OAK-LAX & both Delta & Alitalia said I can check-in at OAK & get both my Alitalia boarding passes (really?) & have bags checked thru to BCN: is all/part of this info accurate?

I recall reading 2013 trip report that said pax was unable to get Alitalia boarding passes at Delta/SFO & had to get them at Alitalia LAX (& a painful process it was too!) Could OAK check-in actually be easier than SFO Or is it that info given was in error?

Thank you.
This is completely OT in this thread which is on seat config. However, yes, you'll get both boarding passes by Delta, and have your bags checked thru.

It might happen that Delta has issues printing out the second BP but they should be able to check you in regardless of that.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, DL Silver
Is 12L a good seat on the three class A330? Pros/cons?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by raistlin
This is completely OT in this thread which is on seat config. However, yes, you'll get both boarding passes by Delta, and have your bags checked thru.

It might happen that Delta has issues printing out the second BP but they should be able to check you in regardless of that.
Thanks for info; realized after I posted it was in wrong thread
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta Silver, SPG Gold
I have exit row seats on row 31 on the 777-200 assigned. 31A and C. Husband wants the extra leg room.

Any reviews of this location? Is there a ton on traffic from people waiting for the bathrooms?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Any experience with Y seats on AZ 629, ORD-FCO? What would be the prime seats to select? Any better/worse than a DL TATL in Y? I'm considering this flight as it is the easiest way to get low level award to MUC. J awards are too expensive for my dates although I'll keep looking.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
How good or bad is 38J & 38K on the A332 FCO-YYZ? From SeatGuru it shows more legroom but elsewhere shows they sometimes curtain row 35-37 off for crew rest so does that impact row 38 seats at all? Is this only done on overnight flights instead of Westboound daytime flights? Any insights would be appreciated.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:42 pm

YYZ-FCO: new or old config

Hi,

I'm thinking of booking YYZ-FCO on the A330. Does anyone know if it has been upgraded to the new magnifica staggered config. This thread seems to indicate no. But when I did a dummy booking on alitalia it does show a staggered config in the seat map. Same as it does on JFK-FCO a330 frequency. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.