Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
Here a summary of the different AZ longhaul aircraft configurations. Have a look to post #1 of this thread with lots of additional information about!

A330-200 AZ Magnifica 2014

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................17 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................219 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DIP (Named: Gian Lorenzo Bernini) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-DIR (Named: ...) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-EJG (Named: Raffaello Sanzio)
.............................EI-EJH (Named: Sandro Botticelli)
.............................EI-EJI (Named: Canaletto)
.............................EI-EJJ (Named: Michelangelo Merisi Da Caravaggio)
.............................EI-EJK (Named: Giotto)
.............................EI-EJL (Named: Piero Della Francesca)
.............................EI-EJM (Named: Giovanni Battista Tiepolo)
.............................EI-EJN (Named: Il Tintoretto)
.............................EI-EJO (Named: Tiziano)
.............................EI-EJP (Named: Michelangelo Buonarroti)

A330-200 ex EY Magnifica

These two (?) operating as AZ with AZ livery and all but owned by Etihad. No Premium Economy. New magnifica as on the 2014 A332, with 1-2-1 in J. This two aircrafts were flying mostly the flights from/to AUH.

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
.............................240 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................n/a

Registration / Aircrafts:....I-EJGA (Named: Artemisia Gentileschi) Track this aircraft
.............................I-EJGB (Named: Francesco Borromini) Track this aircraft

A330-200 ex Air One *OLD Recliners*

The two old "Air One"-style A330's were reconfigured with the new lieflat Business Class.

B777-200 AZ Magnifica

All 772 are outfitted with the new lieflat seats and Classica Plus.

Configuration:................30 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................24 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................239 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DBK (Named: Raffaello Sanzio) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................EI-DBL (Named: Sestriere)
.............................EI-DBM (Named: Argentario)
.............................EI-DDH (Named: Tropea) old cabin configuration/30MAR16
.............................EI-ISA (Named: Taormina)
.............................EI-ISB (Named: Porto Rotondo)
.............................EI-ISD (Named: Cortina d'Ampezzo)
.............................EI-ISE (Named: Portofino / Pier Paolo Racchetti)
.............................EI-ISO (Named: Positano) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................I-DISU (Named: Madonna Di Campiglio)
Print Wikipost

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: ITA
Long haul WiFi

I've read on Alitalia site that all A330s have a WiFi connection on board, while only 4 of 777s have it.
Since I am flying FCO-LAX definitely on a 777, just was curious if anybody knows which 4 of them have a possibility for a WiFi connection.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by annaschummi
Since I am flying FCO-LAX definitely on a 777
I doubt you can say that it is definite.

Having recently travelled on FCO-JFK-FCO and kept an eye on the flights in the days running up to my trip, an A330 was used on several days which had previously been planned for a 772.

Of course, if having WiFi is important to you, you would really appreciate such a swap!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: ITA
As far as I understand, Alitalia runs 330s on routes to MIA, ORD e JFK and will use it for Washington. It also runs 777-300 in JFK. I've never seen a 330 on FCO-LAX route, perhaps because it's a longer flight or I may be simply mistaken.
I would be happy to have wi-fi on the flight, but I can survive 13 hours without it. Last time I flew on EI-DBK it did not have any wi fi connection.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:48 am

LAX is 772 only.

G
FlyingFish7 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by geosch
I recently travelled to Chile with AZ in eco. Both directions were on 772 with - as far as I could tell - the same layout, but while the outgoing flight had an IFE with touch screens only, the return flight featured non-touch IFE with a very clumsy and slow UI (and bad audio quality) with a cable-connected controller. The latter system was the same technology (including the inflight map) used, IIRC, about 15 years ago, on KLM's 777 (I hope I correctly recall it was KLM), quite modern at the time.
Movie selection was identical on both flights, somewhat inferior compared e.g. to AA or BA.
On my trip it was exactly the opposite situation for outbound and inbound machines. And for the wi-fi question I can add that on the 772 with old IFE there was no wi-fi at all.
So 777 is not guarantee of wi-fi.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:36 pm

Premium Economy different setups on B772

I wanted to mention that I recently flew JFK-FCO R/T in Premium Economy and had different setups on the flights, which were both B772's according to FlightAware. The outgoing flight had the stationary seats that slid to recline and had both leg and foot rests. The IFE was not touch-screen and there was no Wi-Fi. However, the seat layout was nice in that there was room to store the headset between the seats, plus the seat in front of me did not recline.

Our return flight had true reclining seats but no leg rest. The IFE was larger and touch screen and had Wi-Fi.The headphone jack was at the front of the armrest and no easy way to store the headphone (I tossed it behind my seat since I was in the last row of the section on the aisle). The tray table was in the arm rest and was smaller than the other plane, where it folded out from the seat in front.

I guess the second flight was a newer setup but it wasn't entirely what I would consider an upgrade.

I managed to use the Business restroom on the return flight because the FA's had gone into hiding mode. Very nice, enough room for two people with a mirror on the door. The second time I tried to use it, a surly FA told me to go back to coach.

Last edited by MisterBill; Jun 28, 2019 at 7:29 am
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:18 am

A330 J class seating advice

Hi folks,

For anyone in the know....

I've booked flight on AZ in J on the A330. I understand this aircraft has staggered 1-2-1 seating.

I'm trying to select a 'true' window seat (one of the solo seats closer to the window instead of the aisle).

Looking online i'm getting conflicting results!

On alitalia.com it shows that there is no row 1 on the A/L side and that there are six rows of business class with rows three and five being the solo seats closer to the window.

Seatguru shows the only AZ A330 configuration is five rows starting at 1A/L (that doesn't exist on the alitalia site map) and that rows two and four are the closer seats to the window.

And a review i've read online which also states row two and four are closer to the window.

Has anyone actually flown an AZ A330 recently and can remember which seats are the 'true' solo window seats?

Thanks,
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
The even rows have the true window seats on the 330 - 4A is my preferred - with the crew rest behind being curtained off, you are pretty much in a private space
108912 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by goodandclassy
The even rows have the true window seats on the 330 - 4A is my preferred - with the crew rest behind being curtained off, you are pretty much in a private space
On manage my booking on alitalia.com 4A does not exist. Only 4C. On the left hand side the solo seats are numbered 2C, 3A, 4C, 5A, 6C.

Very confusing.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
I believe you - I wonder if they had it blocked?
Here is the expert flyer seatmap for an a330 flight - 4a is v much alive and well

Now... note how 5c is missing - perhaps because this is the crew rest. maybe on your flights they are using 4a for the same?

You had me go back to my receipts and i've def flown in 4a on a 330 - but who knows what's brewing in Rome

https://prnt.sc/oi8g4a --> link to screenshot

Last edited by goodandclassy; Jul 21, 2019 at 9:42 pm
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: ITA Executive
Flying an A330 to Delhi tomorrow in J. Have been booked into 6C (which the AZ online check-in tool shows as being in the Business cabin)....but all the third party source seat maps I find only show five rows. Is this some sort of reconfiguration?
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: ITA Executive
Originally Posted by fasteddie1971
Flying an A330 to Delhi tomorrow in J. Have been booked into 6C (which the AZ online check-in tool shows as being in the Business cabin)....but all the third party source seat maps I find only show five rows. Is this some sort of reconfiguration?
Replying to myself.....the seat maps are evidently out of date, as this is the view from 6C.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
I hope you had a great flight fasteddie1971 , I love the Magnifica experience. The IFE is in serious need of an upgrade but everything else is fab.

You're quite right about the seat maps, SeatGuru shows 5 rows in J on the A330. You might want to let them know it's changed.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
I have a choice of DL or AZ JFK-MXP in J... DL is A333 and AZ is A332. Anyone who has flown both can offer any opinion?

I'm usually a OneWorld flyer for trans Atlantic so not familiar with AZ. I have flown A333 Delta One before so I have a decent opinion of DL J seat and service. I want to try AZ but not sure if all the aircraft are updated with the most current product?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Go on AZ. The hard product is pretty good apart from the IFE which is horribly outdated, but does work.

The soft product is awesome - go for the matched wines with each course - and I’ve always enjoyed the service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.