Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Oversold in F. Bumped. Offered?? Nothing.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oversold in F. Bumped. Offered?? Nothing.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2005, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
For future reference to all those who may be affected. Having a reservation and an OPEN paper ticket issued by another airline is not the same as a "ticketed reservation".

Until said open ticket is attached to the reservation, what you have is a basically a voucher worth $770 and an unticketed reservation. As the reservation was unticketed, its entirely feasible that between the time of the call 1 hour prior to departure and the actual time the open ticket was presented to "pay" for said reservation, the seat had been taken to accomodate an already ticketed passenger.
But didn't the OP already have a F BP? A boarding pass would mean the passenger is checked in and the open ticket had already been presented, no?
Old Sep 16, 2005, 5:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

That is my ongoing private debate with Missy. When I was issued a Confirmation and AS had a paper ticket as far as I am concerned, I am ticketed. When they issued me with a BP for F with no seat and sent me to the gate, again I argue AS has sold me the seat.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

For Example , most flight this Sunday from ANC to SEA are F0U0Y0 ect..

Alaska Airlines
Flight: 808 Departs Anchorage (ANC) September 18 6:00 am
Arrives Seattle (SEA) September 18
10:27 am Notes Cabin class: F0 U0

And the AS site WILL sell me a F seat on all this flights

$697.70
Alaska Airlines 808 Anchorage (ANC)
6:00 am Sun, Sep 18 Seattle (SEA)
10:27 am Sun, Sep 18 Nonstop
First, More
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I'm thinking this is a situation where the OP and ALL the AS employee's "didn't get along"

i'm thinking there's still more info missing from this situation.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mtacchi
That is my ongoing private debate with Missy. When I was issued a Confirmation and AS had a paper ticket as far as I am concerned, I am ticketed. When they issued me with a BP for F with no seat and sent me to the gate, again I argue AS has sold me the seat.
Having confirmation simply means you have a reservation.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:44 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by keithguy
But didn't the OP already have a F BP? A boarding pass would mean the passenger is checked in and the open ticket had already been presented, no?
The BP was issued for the later flight. That the BP was not accepted for that flight appears to be an error on the agents part, which I would assume is why he was offered a VDB, a hotel, and the number to Consumer Relations for further discussion.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:46 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Because ITA isn't "real time" with SABRE.. it may show that flight as available .. however, when you click "purchase now" and it actually hits the SABRE system to snag the flight.. it would be rejected

For Example , most flight this Sunday from ANC to SEA are F0U0Y0 ect..

Alaska Airlines
Flight: 808 Departs Anchorage (ANC) September 18 6:00 am
Arrives Seattle (SEA) September 18
10:27 am Notes Cabin class: F0 U0

And the AS site WILL sell me a F seat on all this flights

$697.70
Alaska Airlines 808 Anchorage (ANC)
6:00 am Sun, Sep 18 Seattle (SEA)
10:27 am Sun, Sep 18 Nonstop
First, More
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
The BP was issued for the later flight. That the BP was not accepted for that flight appears to be an error on the agents part, which I would assume is why he was offered a VDB, a hotel, and the number to Consumer Relations for further discussion.
Clearly he wasn't a VDB.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 7:13 pm

Absolutely not. I am sure I was a complete As* . Especially the second time when they upgraded someone into my seat.

CO, NW, AS, UA all F0 for the rest of the day unfortunately.
well, this says it all. in these situations, *one person* (either you Mtacchi or someone else in the F cabin) is going to be inconvenienced. Your attitude ensured that it would be you. I refuse to throw a boulder from my glass house, though. The agents aren't going to get in trouble because no matter what, someone is probably going to be calling CS or getting some compensation. They just figure they'll inconvenience the perceived *jerk.* Not my assessment of you, just a general comment.

Heck, I'm such a conspiracy theorist, that I believe the first agent may have even noted your record somehow which led to your further strife, but I know I'm probably way off base on that one, Scully. I realized being upset might let you vent, but it might result in my luggage *unintentionally* somehow ending up in SAN when I'm headed to EWR.

Missy, I am disturbed that having a ticket doesn't actually mean you have a ticket especially since AS no longer issues actual tickets as of Sept 15th. This cyberticket stuff is all so intangible and now we're being told a ticket doesn't always mean ticketed.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 7:26 pm

Fair enough. Since this was an involuntary denied boarding, AS now owes mtacchi $400US cash instead of the $800US cash.

If I were mtacchi, I would accept cash only and not Customer Relations vouchers.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by TravelMann

Heck, I'm such a conspiracy theorist, that I believe the first agent may have even noted your record somehow which led to your further strife, but I know I'm probably way off base on that one, Scully.
Actually, I was thinking the same thing... ^
Old Sep 16, 2005, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Actually, I was thinking the same thing... ^
AA has these notes attached to your FF#.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
I'm not saying this would apply to OP, but one of the things I "learned in kindergarten" was that you never win an argument with a gate agent, particularly if the flight is about to leave the gate.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 4:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Well you guys may be right.

When the customer service agent looked at my file, it was missing all sorts of info. The agent could even see that I had flown or on what flight. I have jsut sent her - by fax- copies of everything.

I will keep you advised.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Clearly, that was no VDB....I would definitely seek more compensation for BOTH denied boardings if this happened to me. Although as keithguy pointed out, VDB compensation is usually more than that for IDB, this is still an IDB.

Also, you would think with a paid "F" the OP should be at least entitled to the Hilton.........

From the sound of it reporting from the OP, AS screwed up (and him) big time! Very bad showing for a "F" paying customer (the type that airlines should bend over for, even if it means downgrading an upgrader). And you wonder why "F" paying customers are disappearing, after you screw them royally....

Last edited by jkc22; Sep 20, 2005 at 1:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.