Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX not issuing mileage credit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

CX not issuing mileage credit

I am a OW Sapphire and flew CX several times within the last 12 months. I added my AS # to all bookings and the # was printed on all boarding passes. However, the miles haven't been posted in my AS account, despite my follow up emails (with images of the boarding passes)to AS. My brother has a similar experience with CX though he banks his miles with BA. At this point, what can I do? Thank you.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
I am a OW Sapphire and flew CX several times within the last 12 months. I added my AS # to all bookings and the # was printed on all boarding passes. However, the miles haven't been posted in my AS account, despite my follow up emails (with images of the boarding passes)to AS. My brother has a similar experience with CX though he banks his miles with BA. At this point, what can I do? Thank you.
This is NOT an AS issue. You need to follow up with CX, which needs to buy AS miles from AS to post to your AS account. Sending your boarding pass to AS doesn't accomplish anything.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tth6133
This is NOT an AS issue. You need to follow up with CX, which needs to buy AS miles from AS to post to your AS account. Sending your boarding pass to AS doesn't accomplish anything.
Thank you. Let me try. However, my guess is that CX will ask me to contact AS. Catch 22.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 7:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
What has been AS's explanation? Or are you still waiting to hear from them?
Sending your boarding pass to AS doesn't accomplish anything.
Of course it does. AS credits the account - that's the whole point of the process for claiming missing flight credit.
jsguyrus and ual744777sta like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
AS credits the account -
...after CX has paid AS for those AS miles to post to OP's account.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

I am frustrated enough to consider starting a petition for this. I wonder if threatening legal actions would move a needle.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 7:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
It should not be up to the individual flyer to sort out a mess between two airlines. If they can prove they flew in an appropriate class of service, AS should just credit them and Alaska can deal with CX or whoever. This not crediting mileage plan members because the partner is not on the ball is unacceptable.
Barkinpark and progapanda like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:06 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
It's an AS issue in that OP is crediting to AS. I just requested original mileage credit as I was downgraded on an AA flight from first to economy and it posted as such. Called AS and the agent sent me an email requesting a copy of the original itinerary. I also sent the canceled boarding pass even though she said she didn't need it. She called me back in 5 minutes to confirm the booking class and to say she fixed it. She also noted that my flights on BA from the same itinerary hadn't credited yet and if they didn't in 14 days just to reply to the email again so she could credit them.

AS should take care of this and it's not OP's responsibility to contact CX unless they credited to the wrong place.
beckoa, Barkinpark and 985X like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:36 pm

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Had 2 ULR's CX flights last year and getting them to post to BA seemed like a real a chore. Seemingly, CX flights take a bit more of leg work; Two BA missing miles requests were rejected by CX for both flights (or so, BA claimed)! With a BAEC number on the BP, took the liberty to escalate directly with BA over the phone, when they informed me they would take care of it vis-a-vis CX . A few days later both flights showed up.

Bottom line, something is a bit weird about the CX flights yet it will get resolved...
Barkinpark likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:19 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
I had two CX flights in February using my AS MP number. Both flights posted correctly to my AS account after about two weeks.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
I am frustrated enough to consider starting a petition for this. I wonder if threatening legal actions would move a needle.
LOL, yeah, that will go over well. "Your honor, I did not get my miles".

Go onto the Alaska airlines site and it tells you exactly what to do. After 2 weeks, if you were not credited, email your boarding pass and airline receipt to the specific email provided. After 8 week, if nothing, pick up the phone and call Alaska and tell them you have been waiting and either 1) they will forward the request directly to their milage desk or 2) they will put the miles manually into their system at that time. Happens every day, whether it is Cathay, Condor or British.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
That really isn’t how it works.

AS explains how to request retro-credit: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...request-credit

It’s basically the same with any program I have ever looked at: you request the retro-credit from the airline program you want to credit to, and they verify with the partner airline that you are credit due, post it, and then get paid eventually by the partner airline.

OP, in my experience retro credit requests submitted to AS often go into a black hole. The partner doesn’t respond and AS appears to have no mechanism to revisit the pending request. It’s best to follow up with a phone call after eight weeks. Often they can then post the missing miles right away with supervisor permission.
progapanda and jsguyrus like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:48 am

Programs: Kettle Class
OP, have you contacted AS directly via e-mail or phone or are you relying on the web form? It took me nearly 5 months to get credit for a QF flight flown last fall. However, contacting AS directly about this issue got the miles posted within 3 days of contact. I'd previously submitted requests twice using the web form, but that doesn't seem to work reliably with partners apparently.

You're a MileagePlan member; this is absolutely an issue for AS to solve; you don't need to contact CX (and will likely get nowhere even if you try to).
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:12 pm

I'm also waiting on CX flights to post and have provided AS with the boarding pass details from late November flights. Strangely the inbound flight got credited but the return flight didn't and they were purchased on same itinerary (and within the 0100-0999 range). The only difference was Class K credited but Class N didn't. Haven't checked with AS again as it was only 25% earnings and I was able to hit MVPG barely without it, but plan to eventually.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:26 pm

As another data point, I've flown 8 Cathay segments over the past few months (booked via Cathay), and all posted to AS within 7 days. There was also 1 AA segment (Cathay flight number) that posted to AS within 7 days. However there were 2 Alaska segments (Cathay flight number) that never posted. Interesting that the Alaska segments are the problem that I'll have to track down - 1 of them was in December so hoping AS will still honor the EQM rollover for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.