Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AA multi-city award (domestic-stopover-intl) check-in requirements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

I have an AS award, LAS-DCA-NAS via AA, where the LAS-DCA leg is scheduled for tomorrow and the DCA-NAS leg is scheduled for end of May. During online check in today via AA I am asked for my passport to complete check in, which I don't have with me for the domestic leg. Is this going to be a problem when I check in in person?

I wouldn't think a passport is required for leg 1 when leg 2 is not for another two months but the online check in screen gave me pause.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
I don't know the answer, but if it's one PNR, it could be that the computer simply says it's the same as if I were going to Europe via ORD from MCI on the same day. If that's the case, it actually may not allow you, regardless of the perceived logic. I am also not sure that calling will get you the correct answer. I definitely am not the person to ask but I am so curious about this. One thing you may have in your favor is that when I have a long layover and check in 24h in advance for my first flight, it does not allow me to check in for the next flight because it's not 24h from that one. Still, you don't need an airport surprise on what appears to be a major journey.

Can you get the passport? Can you see if the ticket can be broken into two? Please update us.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Turned out to be an non issue, neither at the counter checking in nor at TSA. No questions asked -- they just treated me as if my final destination is DCA.

I agree that there were some limitations in online check in that freaked me out in this case.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:24 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
Thanks for the update. That was an interesting question with the long gap. Glad it worked out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.