Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let the Mileage Run Games Begin! (2024)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2024, 10:37 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Would you know of some good Money & Miles MRs these days?
Im not sure how money and miles could ever be a good deal when it seems to best you can do it 1cpp. I suppose if you value your AS miles that low with the incoming deval. But whether money and miles is a good deal or not is irrelevant to MRs. A mileage run is a good deal based on cpm. How you choose to pay for it doesn’t really matter since money and miles is just based on the cash rate.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
I went a little crazy this year
Costs include 2 discount codes for service failures, as well as discounts for purchasing Gift Certificates.

boxo, phoolio, ssk244 and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 5:20 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
I went a little crazy this year
Costs include 2 discount codes for service failures, as well as discounts for purchasing Gift Certificates.
Any reason to not nix a few of those mileage runs? Or are you just hoping Alaska keeps doing rollovers.

Last edited by dayone; Feb 10, 2024 at 6:53 pm Reason: Delete quoted image for readability.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Any reason to not nix a few of those mileage runs? Or are you just hoping Alaska keeps doing rollovers.
I like to overbook by a few, so have to ability to nix some based on how I’m feeling that day. absolutely no point to go over 100k, especially if rollovers don’t occur
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:41 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

Before vs After this weekend.. For the first time I did not one not two but THREE MRs over the weekend, which pushed me one flight away from 100K.. Never thought I would reach 100K by mid February thanks to the double EQM and rollover from last year 🫡
ual744777sta and boxo like this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by 985X
Before vs After this weekend.. For the first time I did not one not two but THREE MRs over the weekend, which pushed me one flight away from 100K.. Never thought I would reach 100K by mid February thanks to the double EQM and rollover from last year 🫡
Too bad there's no rollover next year. Are you going to match and get on someone else for the rest of year?

Last edited by dayone; Feb 11, 2024 at 9:50 pm Reason: Delete quoted image for readability.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:52 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Too bad there's no rollover next year. Are you going to match and get on someone else for the rest of year?

No. I'm so loyal to Alaska that I've only flown DL ONCE in my life and I don't even have a disAAdvantage/Skypesos account..
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 7:26 am

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
This is not 2x / 3x related.

If I pay for an I-Fare (discounted First Class), then do a SDC (and there’s no FC available) will I still get 1.5x EQMs on that flight if I’m in cargo? Or do I need to be in FC to get the 1.5x.

I’d like to change a flight later today, but FC is not avail for earlier flight options.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Thanks for the info! I am flying AS mid-Feb.

I have points on all of the major hotel chains, so not an issue. I am just not sure if I want to use them with such a quick turnaround...I mean, it's going to be rough regardless. I think SFO has some of the nicest lie down options in a lot of airports I have traversed through.

Thanks also for the visuals. Is the UA option by E gates?

If the AS aircraft arrives by 1120pm or earlier, I can make it to F gates by 1130pm.

Edit: you are probably right I won't make it...recent flights have been spotty, even removing all of the cancellations (likely Max9 related)...if that is the trend, I won't even have an opportunity to attempt at making it. Today's flight (2/2) diverted to Tampa.
I made it, barely. (LAX-FLL-SFO on AS, SFO to EWR on UA, with 24 minutes of scheduled time in between). A lot of positive and negative contributing factors. Bottom line, it was a miracle of sort.

More later after i get through the red-eye and recover.
beckoa likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
How I spent the 13th of February:

LAX to FLL (AS380 scheduled 1055am-649pm)

Checked out at Sheraton LAX around 950am, leisurely strolled to T6 at around 1010am. Spend maybe 5 minutes in the terminal including security. Boarded on schedule at 1015am.

Arrived at FLL 11 minutes early 638pm. Arrived early enough the boarding door at the next gate (a different aircraft of course) was still open heading back to LAX.

FLL to SFO (AS371 scheduled 759pm-1121pm)

Same aircraft from the LAX inbound. We pushed back 9 minutes early, at 750pm; could have pushed even earlier due to the light load and fast boarding.

Taxi took a bit longer, but we were in the air about 20 minutes after. I was glued to the FR24 app almost the entire flight, and despite the strong headwind, we were making good time on the way to SFO.

As per my earlier posts, I had a separate itinerary on UA. Originally scheduled for 1145pm, but pushed earlier by 10 minutes, to 1135pm - the implication of earlier scheduled departure, with door closure normally at 15 minutes, I needed to be at the UA gate by 1120pm.

At the time of the arrival at SFO, arrival traffic has died down considerably, so the impacted closure of 28L runway was largely negated.

Boarding for the UA flight started while AS371 was still around the Modesto area, at 1046pm.

AS371 landed at 1101pm on runway 28R. Quickly exited runway, waited for clearance to cross closed 28L, and parked at gate 3 minutes after - would not have had such the short taxi time at any other terminal/concourse.

By the time we deplaned at D10 gate, it was around 1106pm, meaning I had 14 minutes to get across to T3 F gates (F22). I speed walked through the corridor between D and E gates, then E and F gates, the bouncy walkway to F gates helped, I got to F22 at 1116pm, merely 4 minutes prior to door closure, asked for a cup of water and located my seat. I was the last pax on board.

Pretty much everything worked in my favor. I would not be able to replicate it...for example, in looking at those same flights for today, AS380 arriving late, AS371 departing late and not scheduled to arrive until after that UA flight departure, never mind door closure time.
beckoa, boxo, pmblinn and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 10:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
This is not as lucrative as last year's double connection through CLT for $22 more, but I just need a top-up trip to at least attain MVPG for next year (currently 75K but probably won't be able to re-qualify for 2025):

I see at least a couple other days this is available later on this year.
TalkingPoint likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I have a question for everyone, I am booked on a round-trip mileage run to Miami later this month from PDX. It would not let me book round-trip even though the departing flight from Miami back to Portland is about an hour later so I booked two one ways. It just dawned on me that this may not actually be the same plane coming back so if the Miami bound plane is late will I miss my connection? How do I find out if it’s the same plane or not? I assume it is because it’s an hour turnaround. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I have a question for everyone, I am booked on a round-trip mileage run to Miami later this month from PDX. It would not let me book round-trip even though the departing flight from Miami back to Portland is about an hour later so I booked two one ways. It just dawned on me that this may not actually be the same plane coming back so if the Miami bound plane is late will I miss my connection? How do I find out if it’s the same plane or not? I assume it is because it’s an hour turnaround. Thanks in advance.
Lookup the return flight (MIA-PDX), use a flight tracking site (FlightAware, FlightRadar24, and others), from there, look up the inbound flight. This is not 100% proof, but for outstations like MIA with limited departures and arrivals, current data should stand up.

Just looked up for you, should be the same aircraft.

If it is a different aircraft, and you are booked on separate tickets, you are on your own if you miss the next flight, generally speaking.
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 4:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
For a specific same day roundtrip this EQMx2 February, the upgrade lists for the two flights show an overlap of eight(!) names.
ual744777sta and Waitlisted like this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 6:05 pm

Doing a MR right now, currently at FLL. There are delays up the wazoo today with other flights being diverted to this airport and some passengers I've spoken to being delayed up to eight times on other airlines. There must be thousands of people standing in the terminal, no seats left. Personally I feel like Alaska is pulling through better than the other airlines here *cough Allegiant*. Oh the things we do for a MR. Would I do it again? For 2xEQM absolutely!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.